Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
@filobiblic - no the Personna 'Lab Blue' and the Astra SP are my benchmark modern blades I always use with new razors.

My top 2 blades, although I find myself reaching for the Personna's more and more because they work in everything for me.

My top 2 blades, although I find myself reaching for the Personna's more and more because they work in everything for me.
They're a good price too. Available easily enough from the States.

OK I was going to try a new Muhle blade in the R41 (2013) but you've both convinced me to give the Personna Blue a go instead. Funny I've never gotten along with the Astras, found them irritating….maybe one day waayy down the track I'll try them again.

Yesterday's SOTD
Brush: Duke 2
Razor: Weber
Blade: Elka (5)
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap, Ice and a Slice
A/S: Blue Stratos
5 and done for the Elka, starting to pull and bite. Not a bad blade, but not one I'd ever bother buying again. The Weber though just continues to shine, a real winner. The NSS though is also on the way out, a good soap but it's just to soft for me.

Yesterday's SOTD
Brush: Duke 2
Razor: Weber
Blade: Elka (5)
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap, Ice and a Slice
A/S: Blue Stratos
5 and done for the Elka, starting to pull and bite. Not a bad blade, but not one I'd ever bother buying again. The Weber though just continues to shine, a real winner. The NSS though is also on the way out, a good soap but it's just to soft for me.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the Weber mate. I reckon a few more shaves and you'll either love it or be bored of it…it's that reliable I think people tire of losing that edge. Also a big WOW on the AS. Blue Stratos - not seen that since my teens - RESPECT!

Brush: Omega little pig
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Post Shave
Soap/Cream: Stirling Iced Coffee
Razor: 38C
Blade: Personna [1]
After-shave: Floid Vigoroso

Summer is here officially. So it was a menthol hit to celebrate. The party kept on going once the Floid hit the face...

Side note: Anyone with me that the Floid glass bottle is delightful to behold, yet fails miserably in the practial department. What's with the lack of dispenser and dribbly mess that comes from using it??! I've taken to decanting some into a small spray as that's easier to control. What does everyone else do?

Yesterdays SOTD:
Brush: T&H Badger
Pre-Shave: Nivea Deep Clear Skin Cleanser
Soap/Cream: ARKO!!!!!!
Razor: Muhle R41 2011
Blade: Muhle
After-shave: tears of a newborn baby - suits the R41 well

So as detailed in the Muhle blade review thread I used my beloved R41 yesterday for the first time since I sent it away.

It performed well and I only needed two passes to scythe two days growth. The ARKO!!!!!!! performed well, I haven't used this stick in a long time and it needed a kickstart but then lathered beautifully on the face.

Brush: Aesop 23mm (STF2)
Soap/Cream: Speick
Razor: R41
Blade: Personna [1]
After-shave: Lucky Tiger

I started with great apprehension and ended with a top three career shave! Phenomenal….put a smile on my face until about lunchtime.

Side note: Anyone with me that the Floid glass bottle is delightful to behold, yet fails miserably in the practial department. What's with the lack of dispenser and dribbly mess that comes from using it??! I've taken to decanting some into a small spray as that's easier to control. What does everyone else do?
Funny, mine dribbles fine. A good shake, dispense the desired amount into a cupped palm, splash and bliss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I had to decant into a spray bottle which I ended up including in the P&C Travelling Wilbury. It was like an old man pissing otherwise.

Brush: B&B Boar
Bowl: Aesop Stainless
Cream: Musgo Real
Razor: Gillette OC Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
After-shave: Musgo Real splash

The 3 day scrub was no match for that Gillette. Even with a day 3 Personna. Overcome with that manliness smelly feeling that is Musgo Real.

2zrhwkw.jpg

Yep I had to decant into a spray bottle which I ended up including in the P&C Travelling Wilbury. It was like an old man pissing otherwise.

Don't let @gthomas04 hear you saying things like that ...

Just give it a manly shake, like you would your .... If you could find it.

I've no idea what you are talking about.

But I'm surprised it let me edit outside the 15 minute barrier.

It's the gremlins... *Ahem* ...Monsta... at work behind the scenes I imagine.

30 mins now. I am changing stuff all the time, I may increase it further if the need arises.

7 days of shaving with a M3 (travelling) and 1 ingrown hair. Normally I get more! But it's a new cart maybe previously I have pushed them to far.

Missing real shaving.... Friday / Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.