Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing up my Mach 3 stash. Had excels but harder to find now.

Had to pack for carry on this 2 week trip so very sadly the DE is at home, I don't travel with a straight. Didn't even pack a brush or soap as I am keeping the size and weight down.

Finishing up my Mach 3 stash. Had excels but harder to find now.

Had to pack for carry on this 2 week trip so very sadly the DE is at home, I don't travel with a straight. Didn't even pack a brush or soap as I am keeping the size and weight down.

Yeah, that doesn't really count. No soap, no brush and you're confessing to hunting down and expressing a bit of frustration at not finding a certain brand of carts. Having to pack carts is an unfortunate fact of life sometimes but you can pack a travel brush and enough soap for a two weeks in less space than that taken up by a single sock. No excuse really.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Razor: Pureman OC
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' - shave 3
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps - Hungarian Lavender
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Well once again I feel like my face has been scrapped post shave but the result is a good, close shave. Still not sure that the Pureman offers anything more than a few other razors I have.

After that treatment I used the Myrsol once again (tried it yesterday). I've heard people raving about this stuff and always thought it was a bit of a exaggeration. It is not - this stuff is good!

Most good aftershaves have the alcohol sting and then get into the good stuff. This gives you that hit of sting and then the good stuff comes over the top mid sting as it where to give you a layer of comfort and relief while the sting subsidies in the background. Your face feels amazing afterwards.

The Myrsol is a definite must have in my book. A top shelf product that I didn't post about yesterday as I wanted to be sure it was as good as I first thought - it is. The Floid was good - this beats it hands down without even trying.

I can see a purchase coming - when I find room to store it ....

Yeah, that doesn't really count. No soap, no brush and you're confessing to hunting down and expressing a bit of frustration at not finding a certain brand of carts. Having to pack carts is an unfortunate fact of life sometimes but you can pack a travel brush and enough soap for a two weeks in less space than that taken up by a single sock. No excuse really.

Yeah I have to agree - the old Contours and Excels are easy to find online and no excuse for no brush and soap stick :)

Brush: FS badger
Soap/Cream: HTGAM Meta Nectar
Razor: 38C
Blade: Personna [2]
After-shave: Myrsol Formula C

A quick shave before out the door this morning. HTGAM soaps, I find, tend to be high in glide but lower in cushioning and post-shave. The thickness and durability of the lather is high. The fragrance of the scent is often well balanced, and I do find this to be true with the oriental Meta Nectar.

I haven't reached for the Formula C quite as much as the other Myrsols I have. Today it was the highlight of the shave. It was refreshing and fragrant, with a delicate floral scent and soothing menthol cool. It has lingered more than it usually would, and brought with it a good face feel.

After that treatment I used the Myrsol once again (tried it yesterday). I've heard people raving about this stuff and always thought it was a bit of a exaggeration. It is not - this stuff is good!
Seems like it's starting to develop a bit of a fan-base here at P&C... Good stuff. [emoji4][emoji106]

All German -

30C, Muhle, Tabac and Speick

Ok, the brush isn't German, so bite me already...

Not a fan of the Muhles, my final thoughts in said thread.

.........What's the best cart out there? Excel is much better than Mach 3?

Go away! Are you trying to wind us up or something? Actually you've inspired me to use my Mach 3 set up, if I can find it and just to see what it's all about. Now you see how dangerous cart talk i.s

Actually I saved the room for an extra set of socks :)

What's the best cart out there? Excel is much better than Mach 3?

I liked Schick Quattros. Germans beat the French sometimes.

Shave No 16 with the P74. Boredom doesn't describe it. I can't kill the damn thing. I keep looking for bad things to enable me to change the fucking thing but if I'm being honest about it I can't.
The rest:
Wee Scot wannabe re knot
Tabac cream. Decided to try my favorite summer cream. Love it. Not as economical as Jermyn Street but who really cares about that. To me it's actually a bonus so I can go out and buy stuff again.

Seems like it's starting to develop a bit of a fan-base here at P&C... Good stuff. [emoji4][emoji106]

Yeah - count me in to that group :)

Actually I saved the room for an extra set of socks :)

What's the best cart out there? Excel is much better than Mach 3?

Nobody sees socks - everybody sees your shave!

Less is more when it comes to carts - two blades are PLENTY!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417506535.892070.jpg

Soap: LPL Rose
Brush: M&F finest style 1/3
Razor: 37c
Blade: Gillette yellow

The LPL ROSE has both performance and scent. Similar to MDC in many ways it is another fantastic easy to use soap.

Scent is clean and natural and a good strength. Thickens up really quick and can be used with both with soft as well firm brushes relatively easily.

The LPL ROSE has both performance and scent. Similar to MDC in many ways it is another fantastic easy to use soap.

Scent is clean and natural and a good strength. Thickens up really quick and can be used with both with soft as well firm brushes relatively easily.
Is it a croap (like MdC) or a hard soap (like LPL)?

More like a croap. It's a soft soap that is pliable.
So the original LPL is a hard soap (right?) and this LPL Rose is a croap... Interesting!

Razor: RazoRock stealth slant V1
Blades: Voskhod
Brush: Vie-Long 12705B
Cream: Weleda

First cold water shave and I think I am a convert

Also: Weleda shaving cream is one of the most underrated products out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.