On the topic of cooling...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416717791.481291.jpg

Brush: Omega little pig
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Post Shave
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Merkur Progress [3]
Blade: Personna Super [3]
After-shave: Myrsol Formula K

Since I knew it would be a scorcher in this part of Oz, I went the mentholated option. Super smooth all round.

The Forumla K is peppermint (with menthol). A light and fresh scent that is great for summer. Cool but not cold- I may add some 444 as summer wears on...

On the topic of cooling...

View attachment 811

Brush: Omega little pig
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Post Shave
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Merkur Progress [3]
Blade: Personna Super [3]
After-shave: Myrsol Formula K

Since I knew it would be a scorcher in this part of Oz, I went the mentholated option. Super smooth all round.

The Forumla K is peppermint (with menthol). A light and fresh scent that is great for summer. Cool but not cold- I may add some 444 as summer wears on...
Great looking shave there @filobiblic , might be all the green but I feel the cooler for having seen the photo.
BTW: how did you fare with the Progress….still on the market?

Soap: Johnny Goodsir

First time with a sample of this soap. The dry scent of this was delicious and it's even better wet. Great news is it performs well and leaves an amazing face feel and post shave aroma. A great Aussie cream that I am definitely buying.
Question time!
What's the scent like?
Is there another soap that you feel is similar (in cushion, slickness, scent, texture, etc)?
Can you only buy it from them directly?

Question time!
What's the scent like?
Is there another soap that you feel is similar (in cushion, slickness, scent, texture, etc)?
Can you only buy it from them directly?

Not even sure you can buy from Johnny himself...as he's still not replied to any of my emails? But, yeah, I've only seen his stuff on his site or Etsy.

I agree with their descriptor of whiskey and wood but there's a sweet note - and it's prominent. Look a little deeper and it contains "Oil of cardamom, whisky, spiced rum, clove, cedarwood, shea butter". To my nose, with eyes closed tight, it smells like freshly baked sweet chunky apple pie with an extra crisp and sugary crust. Seriously evocative, seriously crunchy!

Performance isn't like anything else I've tried before. Has decent enough cushion and glide, not stand-out with either as for instance Tabac and Speick do better but to me the scent drives this stuff for a six. The Johnny Goodsir builds a thick lather (the lanolin and tallow probably helps here) and can take water, but - and here's the weird bit - when you rinse your razor in the sink post-strokes the lather just disappears. I'm used to spent lather floating in the sink or 'muddying' the water but this stuff disintegrates. If, like me, you freshen up the basin between passes then all your left with pre-plug-pull is deceased stubble. Odd! Also the post-shave face feel is extraordinary, I think we can thank the lanolin and tallow, again, for this….and the scent just lasts. You got that smell of home baked Jonathan apples and sugar all the way to lunch-break. Hence, why I hope there's a bit of that in the AS lotion so that just out the oven small can get me all the way through to the commute home.

BTW: don't even think about grabbing any mate, as you'll be getting a sample as soon as I get my own supply. Then you can tell me what it's like! C'mon Johnny, live up to your name and do me good sir.

Didn't need to shave today, yesterday I shaved late (pre-dinner to look my best as good as I can look)

I think SYD gets it from an Indian grocery store right next to his work place. I went in there once and they had nothing apart from some really cheap looking synthetic brushes. So either SYDs emptied the shelves or he's sourcing it from somewhere else.
Yeah Prime Products in Osborne Park.
Same place I got Godrej from for around $2.50 a tube I think.

I thought SyD went into business with hunnymonster and ordered all the Ingram's in Scotchland.

BOT.
Swapped the P74 out of the red ring and into a Fatboy on 6, then totally switched off mentally and had a horrible shave.
2 nicks, the first of which was because the bay doors hadn't closed evenly, the second I can't even explain.
Shaving the upper lip area and found my wrist cocked at a weird angle but just carried on shaving for summer stupid reason and clipped myself right at the to of the lip
I can't blame the ancient blade which is 13 shaves in it was just me not concentrating at all.

C'mon Johnny, live up to your name and do me good sir.
Careful with what you wish for...

BOT, shaved, best shave I've had in about a month.
Proraso green croap
Thater silvertip brush
Slim Shady for the razor
Polsilver for the blade and bringing up the rear, Thayers aloe vera spiked with menthol.

Pre-shave: Occams
Brush: Whipped Doh High Mountain 24/48
Soap: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
Blade: Voskhod (2nd shave = 8 passes)

Heaven

Heaven
What's your favourite Mike's scent?

Heaven
Let's see now...
Pre shave: Aussie
Brush: American using Chinese badger
Soap: American
Razor: Canadian
Blade: Russian

An international shave!

My favourite Mike's would be the 2 I have at the moment: Bay Rum and Lemongrass & Eucalyptus + Hungarian Lavender (had a sample of that)
I also liked Lime, but somehow the scent dissipated from my sample...not sure if I am going to get that again.
Did not like the Vetiver sample I got

And my shaves are always very international :D

Status
Not open for further replies.