Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Brush: B&B Boar
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Soap: Mama Bear Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Rub of Thayers Witch Hazel (Rose) and Speick balm.

My first go with a glycerin based soap but I lathered it up like a pro. Beginners luck, maybe? The lather was rich, slick and protective. The scent was very much to my liking. Second shave with the LC and it's proving to be a bit of a gem.

9bmb86.jpg

Post shave wipe down: Teddy Bear

My first go with a glycerin based soap but I lathered it up like a pro. Beginners luck, maybe? The lather was rich, slick and protective. The scent was very much to my liking. Second shave with the LC and it's proving to be a bit of a gem.

9bmb86.jpg

Kept the P74 in the Fatboy to give it another try after my awful shave of the other day.
One swipe and something just didn't feel right. I looked at the razor but couldn't see anything obvious but didn't want to risk slither shave like the other day.

Swapped the blade back to the ERR and everything felt perfectly good again.
No idea wtf went on there. Maybe I have to use a slightly different blade angle with the Fatboy and I have been using the Eclipse the too long.

When the P74 finally dies, I will have to do some testing with the FB.

Slim Shady, loaded with a Polsilver.
Shedomatic attacked Vitos Extra Super
@Barrister & Mann Foguere Classique aftershave splash FRUGALLY.
DFS and face feels great afterwards.
The AS started off very reminiscent to Brut, yet more complex and quite warm to the skin, yet the warmth didn't irritate or last long and the aroma lasted 2-3 hours in the evening.
Face has not felt this great for a while.

Second shave with the LC and it's proving to be a bit of a gem.
I hear you, sold my NEW Long Comb to @Mong. and kind of miss it. So smooth for an open comb. Love the rose vs. yellow gold look for yours there mate, where did you score it? Also is it a UK or US model?

Hey Stillsy. It's the U.S. model. Picked it up from a fellow Aussie via B&B for the princely sum of $5. An uncle of mine gave it a bit of TLC.

Shave No 14 with the P74. I'm beyond the boredom stage and am just accepting that I won't be changing this blade out anytime before the end of the year.
Wee Scot wannabe re-knot
Jermyn Street. Just coming down with a cold (can't remember the last time I've had one of those) so the scent completely eluded me. Bummer. Excellent lather. Used a bit too much but that's pretty much standard for a first time with any cream. As efficient as Occams or Bodyshop to name a few.

Nice PJ your not disappointed. Welcome to Jermyn St fanbois, you'll get full membership when you can smell again

Changing it up significantly today, blade & cream swap.

Brush:
Vulfix #374 Super
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green (First use of this tube!)
Razor: Fatboy (7)
Blade: "Vintage Vintage" Gold Wizamet Polsilver Super Stainless (courtesy of @borked)
After-shave: Liberal application of Alum afterwards

DFS apart from a spot on the chin which opened up a 4-spot weeper of claret. Putting it down to a vintage blade I have never used before, along with the first run of Proraso in a while. The menthol always causes this on the first run after a break from it! Speaking of Proraso, lovely to have it back in the rotation. Definitely the time of year for it in Sydney as the humidity is ramping up considerably and we are looking at some much warmer weather in the next few weeks.

Basically these are nice blades, but I think @borked will find the Francais Wilkies quite a bit sharper. Reasonable sharpness with a nice smooth feel, I enjoyed the first time out on these. Not great around the jawline for me but otherwise no irritation apart from the chin. He owes me a few of these when the motherlode arrives.

9bmb86.jpg

How many passes to get the bear clean-shaven?

Nice PJ your not disappointed. Welcome to Jermyn St fanbois, you'll get full membership when you can smell again

I won't accept full membership until I can smell again. You do realise that although part of me wanted to be enabled in to trying it, another part of me wants to say that Jermyn Street is the kind of stuff they use to clean urinal pucks with. You might have let an ARKO warrior traitor in to the fanbois club.

I won't accept full membership until I can smell again. You do realise that although part of me wanted to be enabled in to trying it, another part of me wants to say that Jermyn Street is the kind of stuff they use to clean urinal pucks with. You might have let an ARKO warrior traitor in to the fanbois club.

Should I be worried about a Trojan horse?Ahhh PJ clearly you haven't smelt it yet. The epiphany is coming. The best is all ahead. Once you have you'll consign all your left over Turkish sticks to the trough where they belong, resign your exclamation mark, hang up your Fez and order the complete suite of Jermyn St products.

Welcome welcome welcome

BOT [emoji11]

Brush: Frank Shaving ST
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Post Shave
Soap/Cream: Mike's Peppermint & Rosemary (HT @borked)
Razor: Gillette Rocket
Blade: Mühle [4]
After-shave: Myrsol Formula K (Peppermint)

The little bit of Proraso Pre-shave really added a bit of zest to the shave. I could feel the menthol throughout the shave. [emoji38]Combined with the lovely peppermint from the soap and it was a winner. Definately go this combo again...

Mühle blade discussed here. Just to note...shave 4!!!. Just sayin'...

A little splash of the Formula K Peppermint and it's all good. I must say that the menthol zing on your neck is a lovely feeling as you ride to work. [emoji41]

I hear you, sold my NEW Long Comb to @Mong. and kind of miss it. So smooth for an open comb.

I'm extremely happy that I took the plunge and picked it up, it cuts super smoothly! I've also heard that they're pretty similar to the iKon OC's, so it's nice to have a very functional and effective OC at about a fifth of the price.

I'm extremely happy that I took the plunge and picked it up, it cuts super smoothly! I've also heard that they're pretty similar to the iKon OC's, so it's nice to have a very functional and effective OC at about a fifth of the price.
So glad you're enjoying mate. It is smooth. I now have the R41 (2013) and the Fatip. The Fatip is smooth but not sure if it's as smooth as the NEW - though to be fair I need to try more blades in it. The NEW was magic with Personnas and Permasharps. Only tried the R41 once, I need to use it more and swallow my fear. I see another NEW LC UK in my life soon.

BOT….

Brush: Thater 49125
Soap: XXX
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Muhle (1)
Aftershave: Floid

I am really loving this brush - I cannot get my head around how it is so soft and yet how it carves up the soap. It's extraordinary and the biggest threat to my STF2…and the threat is mighty serious. XXX is OK but not my fave croap. Weber is stellar - there's a reason they rhyme! My take on the Muhle is here. And Floid is good shit. All in all a smile-inducing shave.

Trying to keep up with Pjotr with the P74 shaves. Anther nice one again back on the eclipse red ring.

I have a feeling the performance is now starting to tail off a little bit but that may just be the boredom of having used the same blade for 4 weeks running.

Status
Not open for further replies.