Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I sent it to you mate….had to make clear that you don't have to stoop to slapping your face with Turkish junk even when/if you fall on hard times.

Speick just annulled the Turks sole raison d'être

Really, the balm's good?
Hmmm…I have the Speick soap, AS lotion, deodorant and EdT - yet to try the body soap, balm and any of their Aktiv range. I have not found a thing of theirs I don't like and if I were to fulfil my dream of becoming Drubs tomorrow - with what little I know so far - I'd most likely do it with Speick! Either way I'm stocking up from MensBiz again on soap stick and deodorant so I might get me some balm too.

http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/speick.166/

[URL="http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/speick.166/"]Speick[/URL]

I read about Bull-frogging on YKW so tried it today and it worked bloody well for me.

Bull-frogging is tilting your head down for the chin and neck areas instead of stretching the skin, well just pull a face like a big ugly Bullfrog. hard to explain but it is sort of opposite to stretching.

It actually worked for me!

Used Speick (SCH-PIKE)soap , splash and balm. With the Futur holding a Perma Sharp.

BFS = Bloody fantastic Shave,

Of course the Plisson brush which has no equal.

Of course the Plisson brush which has no equal.
In less than 6 weeks the P&C will be flooded with Plissons (Plissing down with Plissons?). I can't wait to try it. You keep waltzing in here and scrubbing it in our faces... It's got a lot of hype to live up to. For me, I'm hoping it splays more easier than the Muhle STF.

I read about Bull-frogging on YKW so tried it today and it worked bloody well for me.

Bull-frogging is tilting your head down for the chin and neck areas instead of stretching the skin, well just pull a face like a big ugly Bullfrog. hard to explain but it is sort of opposite to stretching.

It actually worked for me!
I've not tried this myself but will now thanks for the tip @Marlow.

I read something similar in Shaving Tips from Moroccan Street Barbers many moons ago…but never followed it. Now an Aussie tells me I might just give it a go…
"Reda procedeed by shaving against the grain, using half-inch strokes and a constant degree of pressure. Instead of stretching the skin just before the passage of the blade — "a common mistake," he told me — he ensured that the area being shaven remained loose by gently pushing the skin on my cheek toward the blade with his free hand, thus creating a little wave or mound of skin to shave over. Doing so prevents the beheading of protuberances, anesthetic cuts and bleeding dots."

I tried to bull frog once with te futur, I didn't do it well because I just quickly sliced in big time.... There was a lot of blood.

Scared to try again.

I tried to bull frog once with te futur, I didn't do it well because I just quickly sliced in big time.... There was a lot of blood.

Scared to try again.
[emoji47] Bull-frog and Futur doesn't sound pretty...

Only tried it once (Bull Froging) as I didn't shave today but I am gonna do it again on Sunday.

Dear Stillsy-Baby, not hype really on the Plisson as I am the only person I know with one and for me it works superbly.

I was as sceptical as shit when I bought it for that outrageous amount of money but at heart I am philosophical about money

in that if I make a mistake I just try and move on with only a small whimpering moan.

As to splaying, I am not sure that I am an aficionado of this act but the thing will quite easily squish down as well as act like a stiff little marker.

I like it, nah love it really as for me it does everything I want it to do. Well almost.

Bull frogging as a name wouldn't sell well on a glossy sales brochure, but I always do this method for the left side under the chin near the neck (as I'm holding the straight with my right hand and bringing it upwards)

It's the only way I can get that annoying bit. That's the penalty of an under dexterous left hand.

ARKO! Adventure cream
Schemoque 830
Merkur
34C
Unknown blade
Speick ASB

Just a wee trim to clean up the neckline

Shave no 6 with the P74. Not as noisy this time. Strange. Used exactly the same set up with the same cream and brush. Anyhow, still going strong. At least the P74 has passed the "your basic average" stage of blades. Hoping to firstly be able to say it's as good as a Spoiler, then as good as a Schick or Wilkie and then possibly put it out there on it's own as the longest lasting vintage blade around that I know of.

I have to admit being slightly disappointed in not being able to honestly say that the much admired P74 is average and to get @Monsta_AU fuming and adding even more disparaging titles to my name but there you go.

Brush: Muhle STF
Soap/Cream: Otoko Organics Shave Soap/Nanny's Gentleman's soap
Razor: Merkur 37C slant
Blade: Personna Super Blue [1]
Post-Shave: Alum
After-shave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face tonic

Well, I'm having no luck at all with the Otoko. I pulled it out to try once again to attempt to generate a decent lather. I used my best brush for what I thought would definitely work. What a fail! Abysmal! So out came the Nanny's and finished off the shave with creamy lather goodness...

I was a bit game to use the 37C with sub-par lather for the first pass, but went ahead anyway with a very light touch indeed! A tidy shave.

Thought I'd break open the Lucky Tiger for a change. Fresh tangerines tantalisingly hung for a second or two before disappearing quick smart. Oh well, it certainly healed the face recover from a fierce shave.

I prefer the Standard over the 37C slant for comfort and feel both give an equivalent efficiency. The 37C just has a unforgiving element to the shave.

ARKO! Adventure cream
Schemoque 830
Merkur
34C
Unknown blade
Speick ASB

Just a wee trim to clean up the neckline

I know why you used those products in that order!

Now please tell me about the Speick aftershave balm Syd. Does the scent last long? Balmy I trust? I've got RazoRock Nonno Machiavelli or whatever it is (sandalwood) coming but I'm thinking it'll be Speick next. Have you (or anyone) used the active one?

Oh and this morning was another super shave with the Speick speck. I originally thought it was a small piece, but I've used it a bit and it's not getting smaller? Magic? Or sticks last a generation?

IP red in a webber
Worked a treat this razor is growing on me. The red only lasted 3-4 shaves tho. Much less than the Astra or feathers

IP red in a webber
Worked a treat this razor is growing on me. The red only lasted 3-4 shaves tho. Much less than the Astra or feathers
Drats! I was hoping you weren't going to like the Weber and ask to buy it off you. [emoji6]

Haha fair enough. You have one already no?
No. [emoji17] I've got a Futur that I'd trade for a Weber though...

Status
Not open for further replies.