Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and this morning was another super shave with the Speick speck. I originally thought it was a small piece, but I've used it a bit and it's not getting smaller? Magic? Or sticks last a generation?
Mate what I sent you is more than double what I've used so far….so I'd say you got a fair few shaves left there. So you going to fork out the $8?

IP red in a webber
Worked a treat this razor is growing on me. The red only lasted 3-4 shaves tho. Much less than the Astra or feathers
Happy to hear the IP Reds worked a little better in the Weber @Ybbor ….though sounds like I'm in trouble from @filobiblic for making the suggestion. It's a veritable tight-rope this place, you just can't keep everyone happy.

No. [emoji17] I've got a Futur that I'd trade for a Weber though...
Wow that's quite the offer!!!

Mate what I sent you is more than double what I've used so far….so I'd say you got a fair few shaves left there. So you going to fork out the $8?

I'm going to go the extra mile and fork $10 for the active cream. I like creams. The sticks are a bit weird to apply *shrug* works fine.

What an awesome product range. It gives every reason to buy, and no reasons not too. Except maybe there's no 'sh' in the name but I'm supposed to pronounce it with one

+1 to reds in the weber

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415529853.474584.jpg

I'm going to go the extra mile and fork $10 for the active cream. I like creams. The sticks are a bit weird to apply *shrug* works fine.
I believe that the Active has more a citrusy "fresh" scent. Our resident shaving sage @Drubbing has the answer to the question that you seek...

Thanks filo I did read that from him which got my attention. I like fresh and I like Shpeick!

Talking on spec and reviews, I believe the performance of the cream is not of the calibre of the stick. My recommendation would be if you don't like schtick then buy schtick and apply grater. I tried this with the scalp of mine when it was new - needed to lose the top to fit in my dispenser and it works very very well in a bowl. I saved some for my frankensoap - love that stuff 50% Arlington, 25% Euro Palmolive and 25% Speick. 110% the shit!!!!

I like fresh and I like Shpeick!
Ummm das ist Schpike mein Freund

Talking on spec and reviews, I believe the performance of the cream is not of the calibre of the stick.

Expound on this my friend, different smell? Smells like arko? Lather not as thick or cushiony?

I remember someone mumbling about creams not being made with tallow, where's Drubbing? Did he say they were still similar?

Otherwise putting it in a bowl is a grate idea. Hah hah haah

Time to change my name after yesterday's hast ended in much pressing of face washer to chin. Discovered the unforgiving side of a straight

View attachment 750
Looks like you need to duct tape a styptic pencil lengthways on that mate...

I grated all my Speik sticks into a candle tin (nice tin with a lid, I prefer it this way for lathering.

Futur with Perma Sharp.

Plisson Synth brush.

Speik, Spiek und more Speik ie. Soap, AS and Balm.

With a bit of Bullfrogging thrown in.

Shave no 6 with P74, still going strong.
BS reknot
SIM cream. I think I might keep shaving with this tube until it's done. I can then finally enter something in to the Finished Product thread. Something I haven't done for years it seems. With sadness I might add because you can't find the soap or the cream for love nor money anymore.

EJ DE89BA11 (with one shim)
Feather (around 4th shave)
Haslinger Seaweed
VS Synth

Very nice shave, the EJ loves that single shim, surprisingly no sign of the Feather wavering yet. Haslinger + the Virginia Sheng synth gave a very good lather but I find it a tad off in the moisturising side. Only bummer is the handle on the EJ is slippery as can be if any lather gets on it - and this is the barley patterned one! Hate to see how the poor sods with the mirror or lined ones go! Awesome head on this razor but the handle is all looks and little function.

I remember someone mumbling about creams not being made with tallow, where's Drubbing? Did he say they were still similar?

Otherwise putting it in a bowl is a grate idea. Hah hah haah

Tallow Schmallow. Overrated hype IMO.

Yes, I like them, Speick, Cella, Tabac, Harris. But I get just as good a result from Proraso creams or Speick active. I think a good lather and technique trumps any sheep fat additives.

Never got on with sticks, so grate Speick. I'm fully soaped up at the moment and I'm nearly Speickless, so will probably go the cream next time.

A bit of a rough Feather yesterday, it had trouble mowing down 2.5 days worth. Still a trouble free close result, but a bit rough getting there. Same this am, so binned the blade. I think I'm averaging one dud blade per 10-pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.