Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: Euro Palmolive Stick
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge 'system'
Blade: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge
After-shave: Booster Oriental Spice

So exciting - not
@Mark1966 this is the third time you have mentioned that shaving "system". While we are all sympathetic with your plight, I believe you now have no choice but to smack yourself with your ban stick and refrain from such postings. In a spirit of kindness a post such as "I had a shave - it wasn't nice" would be permitted. :)

Indulgent self pity has been brought on by using an average system while perusing the largest, most expensive shaving retailers in the world. A perfect storm has brewed. In a tea cup.

Brush: Omega 10005
Soap/Cream: Nanny's Ice and a Slice
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 74 - 5th shave

Back to shower shaves again. Another nice, clean shave with the P74 - and I'm feeling like I need to do less work with it. 2 passes and no touchups required.

Feels like it has a few more shaves left in it.

Shave No 5 with P74 blade

Lost a bit of sharpness but still doing the job. This thing is starting make a lot of noise. It almost rivals SE shaving in that regard. Don't know what that means but I guess we'll see.
BS re-knot
SIM cream-nice stuff nice scent.

Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: Euro Palmolive Stick
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge 'system'
Blade: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge
After-shave: Booster Oriental Spice

So exciting - not
How do you find the Muhle STF2 @Mark1966 ?

Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap/Cream: Speick (soap stick)
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Polsilver
After-shave: Speick
Scent: Speick EdT

Onto shave 4 with the Smog 1305. Hairs are splitting and knot is getting softer but it's still eating my lather. As usual with Speick a magnificent lather. First pass was like having made love to a rabid mastiff, but by the second pass the brush had magicked it gone….right there in front of my eyes. Where the hell does the lather go? I squeezed the knot and there weren't much tucked away in there - certainly not as much as I had left there only 4 minutes earlier! Hope the Smog gets over its orientation phase! Otherwise I grabbed a handful of Polsilvers with my last G&C order, the blades are smoother than, though not as sharp as, the PermaSharp Supers (which are becoming my blade metric). No nicks, no irritation, but it took a little more work and pressure than usual.

All-in-all a nice shave and the Speick polished things off nicely. I just need this Smog to man up!!!!

Brush: Omega 10066
Soap/Cream: Speick (original) stick
Razor: Standard (Black)
Blade: Voshkod [3]
Post-Shave: RR aftershave wax
After-shave: Speick Aftershave

Lovely lavender goodness. Spring is definitely in the air.

............Hairs are splitting and knot is getting softer but it's still eating my lather......

I doubt the hairs are splitting after a couple of uses. I'd suggest you can probably see that they're in fact split because you're gradually washing the gunk out. Knot is getting softer? A Smog? they're per definition softer because they build them with their legs wide open likes tarts on heat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailin'_Shoes#mediaviewer/File:Little_Feat_-_Sailin'_Shoes.jpg

This afternoon a smelly envelope arrived from Stills. He doesn't write often. The envelop had a slightly lavender smell about, which reminded me of pot puri. Prepared for the worst but hoping for the best I opened up the little sliver (as much as fits neatly under a finger nail) of Speick he'd sent. It smelt much better out of the packet! This lavender isn't the "old lady toilet freshener' I feared. This wears pants, and works at the local forge!

Using my stubble as a cheese grater I face lathered and was pleasantly surprised by the rich smooth lather getting worked up. Had to work it a bit though. Briefly considered attaching my brush to a hitachi drill.

It was just a really enjoyable shave. Smooth and moisturising for the skin, with a great after smell. This is a stick I would buy. It feels like shaving with a stick of quality.

Back in my room I picked up the Turkish stick to take a wiff to compare and instantly dry retched. I have to try it again. I haven't been game to yet. Perhaps in the morning. It left my skin dry and a bit rashy but I don't think I used enough.

I really like the stick holder PJ sent with it though, and have dreams it will one day hold a Speick stick. Points for generosity : PJ 10 Stills 2.

Now how to pronounce Speick? Speak? Spik?

Is the stick the same as the cream?

I really like the stick holder PJ sent with it though, and have dreams it will one day hold a Speick stick.
Speick comes with a very similar stick holder...

Points for generosity : PJ 10 Stills 2.
:oops: Sorry mate not meaning to be a tight arse...
Be honest just wanted you to taste without committing you too much. Wasn't sure you'd like it. Thought I'd given you enough for a couple of shaves….
Having said that if I was peddling Turkish stuff I'd have given you A LOT more..

Now how to pronounce Speick? Speak? Spik?
Apparently it is pronounced SCH-PIKE (sch - like shoosh & pike like pike or bike with a "p")

Hahaha! More a nod to PJ giving me the stick holder than you sending to little! (Though I'll never miss a chance to serve up some curry ;-) This stick stuff lasts forever!

Now I check on Mensbiz and it's $8 !!!!!!! I was expecting it to be expensive! That's awesome, it's going in the cart next order. Ripper!

If Speick was made by Trumpers it'd be $30.

The Active is nice too, just a bit fresher but I prefer the original. The balm is top shelf too.
Really, the balm's good?
Hmmm…I have the Speick soap, AS lotion, deodorant and EdT - yet to try the body soap, balm and any of their Aktiv range. I have not found a thing of theirs I don't like and if I were to fulfil my dream of becoming Drubs tomorrow - with what little I know so far - I'd most likely do it with Speick! Either way I'm stocking up from MensBiz again on soap stick and deodorant so I might get me some balm too.

Now I check on Mensbiz and it's $8 !!!!!!! I was expecting it to be expensive! That's awesome, it's going in the cart next order. Ripper!
That's why I sent it to you mate….had to make clear that you don't have to stoop to slapping your face with Turkish junk even when/if you fall on hard times.

Status
Not open for further replies.