Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
A gun toting preacher man walked into the polling station ...

A gun toting preacher man walked into the polling station ...
The non-religious sniper took out the current dictator in a small South American country...

Power, violence and spirituality overlap in many ways - all to the detriment of our world.

Power, violence and spirituality overlap in many ways - all to the detriment of our world.
Irrelevant of one's personal beliefs, I strongly believe most reasonable, rational and even somewhat educated will agree upon that, particularly the closing part of that sentence.
Question is, how to fix it?
I've my own belief, yet will keep it to myself atm :)

I too have my own belief which also will keep to myself. After all, a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still :)

Every problem and trouble in this world arises out of the human heart. Get out in nature and it's perfect.

Brush: Muhle STF
Pre-Shave: Occams Original Pre-Shave
Soap/Cream: Occams Original Shave Cream
Razor: Muhle R41 (a.k.a "The Beast")
Blade: Voshkod
After-shave: Myrsol Emulsion

I survived my first go with the Muhle R41. The end result was a smooth shave. Getting there was another matter. More in the R41 thread.

The Muhle STF didn't initially work as well with face lathering the cream. It was stiffer and didn't splay as well. I was quite disappointed and reloaded the brush. I think it could have been due to taking too much water out, as the second time around (with a wetter brush) was fine.

Myrsol Emulsion was good. The menthol took me by surprise. The face feel afterwards was great.

Nice, how's the pre shave soap go Phil? Do you just wash your face with it?

Nice, how's the pre shave soap go Phil? Do you just wash your face with it?
The Occams pre-shave soap matches well with the shave cream. It's a high glycerin soap bar that you rub over your wet whiskers. I only use it with the Occams shave cream but I could use it with other soaps/creams I guess. It makes the face a little slicker and accentuates the scent of the cream, but that's about it. Not a huge difference but I'm not regularly using and if you were you might have a different opinion.

Brush: Muhle STF
Soap/Cream: The "Fat" (a.k.a. Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap)
Blade: Voshkod [2]
After-shave: Sukin facial moisturiser balm

The alum stung today! Yowie. Definitely need to let the hair grow before slashing with the Beast. Took off at least one layer of skin...

Blade: Aussie Spoiler (4)
Razor: Fatboy, set to 9
Brush: Vulfix #374 Super Badger
Soap/Cream: Simpsons Lavender & Vetiver
After-shave: None

Normal WTG / Semi XTG shave. No issues but it felt like the blade was skipping on the neck a little on the second pass. No irritation.

FB on 9?
Wow, you do like them aggressive.

The weekend was a write off so my fond imaginings of a lazy Saturday or Sunday shave crumbled in my hands...

I was determined to try the new toy in the Futur. I loaded a shiny new PSS into the device. Crikey look at that blade gap I thought. I better dial that down...oh that is as dialed down as it gets :eek: Twizzled the dial up to 6.5, t'was a bit like watching Monsta close in for a vintage blade kill with the jaws opening wider and wider.

Needless to say I decided discretion was the order of the day and ran with it set to 1!!

20.10.14.pn.jpg

Bloody exceptional shave really for first time out. Three passes easily done. I will need a few more goes to dial the angle in all around the mug. The Futur seems like it is a razor that like you to use the safety bar more often than not.

I was interested to see how it went around the nose as I have seen it criticised in this area due to the blade not being exposed right out to the edge of the razor. I thought it went like a dream. The design makes it almost impossible to give yourself one of the pesky side blade cuts. It felt different to my vintage Gillettes but hardly anything to get twisted knickers over...and it may prove to be a superior design. The only place I can see it being a draw back is if you are trying to cut in around a goatee orchinstrap type of thing.

The Speick ASB is very good. It does have an almost BO kind of undertone imparted from the aloe but it is short lived thankfully as the performance is stellar!

I just had an evening shave with the shavette for a change.
Dovo shavette, long dovo blade
Jermyn street, Nivea balm.

Cold water brush soak and rinse - refreshing!

I hate to admit it but the blades give a Very close shave. Nearly in growing hair smooth. Does anyone get that problem with the DE's ?

Brush: Frank Shaving Badger
Soap/Cream: Razorock XXX
Blade: Personna Med Prep
After-shave: Myrsol Metisol

A smooth result after a very light touch over 2 passes. Once again the 2 day stubble was reduced to zip with little effort. XXX produces a creamy, fragrant lather with any brush. A few nicks this time, perhaps due to the blade but more likely user error.

How many on the med Prep? I found they dropped off pretty quick...
Cracked open a new blade for this shave. I got 5 shaves from my last blade but wouldn't push it that far in the BloodLetter.

I have been shaving but since it has all been like my last one I haven't had anything worthwhile to write about. Decided on a change up today, same brush, same razor and blade but changed to a stick for lathering. I remembered from the last time I used this stick that you had to rub hard against the face especially under the nose. Nice lather nice shave - ARKO!!!! rules.

Never used a stick. Do you mean you rub the stick on your face first? Or load up the brush from the stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.