Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
/me finally remembers to put the speick with the other stuff that has to go home tonight

Depends on the blade. Was it a Malteser or a White Platinum?
Thanks RM.

Judging by the box it seems it might be a Malteser. Very appropriate since that's my heritage.

Your post says they are made in the same old St. Petersburg factory but the one I used had no reference to Russia anywhere on the paper or blade. But P&G UK on the wrapper.

Jeez they gave a great shave. 8 hours on and still nice and smooth, zero irritation. Hope that lone blade I used this morning was the same as the Maltesers pictured as @garethm sent me a few packets for me b'day.

Love this place [emoji106]

Judging by the box it seems it might be a Malteser. Very appropriate since that's my heritage.

Your post says they are made in the same old St. Petersburg factory but the one I used had no reference to Russia anywhere on the paper or blade. But P&G UK on the wrapper.

They are definitely PPI production, although the manufacturer is printed on the boxes rather than the wrapper. Here's a pic of the newer production, which I call Dark Platinums.

cpgp1.jpg

It's normal for the distributor to be printed on one edge of the box, and the wrapper. The manufacturer is usually printed on the back of the box. In the photo above, that has been ripped open from the cut made in the box to slide it onto the display card.

Jeez they gave a great shave. 8 hours on and still nice and smooth, zero irritation. Hope that lone blade I used this morning was the same as the Maltesers pictured as @garethm sent me a few packets for me b'day.

They don't do bad at all. I think the Silver Blues are sharper and smoother, and are probably better value at current Dark Platinum pricing. Mind you, some of us got in years ago at prices that will nearly make you cry.

I think @Nick the Knife bought around 4,000 of them waaaay back in the day when I bought my 2,000 - could have been in 2009? I think we landed them for about 10c per blade owing to the high AUD during the GFC, and the massive bulk number of blades involved.

Razor: Schick Krona 1965
Blade: Derby Extra (I had not used those since the Jacobite risings : / Good results but you're knocking at the wrong door for silky smoothness, I tossed it in the blade bank after I finished.)
Soap: Mon Savon Au Lait Bol À Raser (Sent to me by an English frriend, a year ago)
A.F: Aqua Velva Original Sport

Yesterday I went to a barbershop for a clean cut... unfortunately the lady deleted my sideburns, I feel naked without them O.O

Brush: Frank Shaving ST
Soap/Cream: Razorock XXX
Razor: Progress
Blade: Vintage Schick (above 6)
After-shave: Old Spice (India)

Those Schicks just keep going. Wickedly sharp. In fact it seems to get better with age.

Two passes and I'm done. Nice.

Brush: Various badger reknots
Soap: ARKO!!!!/SIM
Razor: Spud
Blade: Schick on god only knows how many

Getting to that annoying stage where the blade needs replacing because the razor needs a clean but the damn thing just keeps going. Should start loading the average blade so I can have something to talk about.

Blade: Schick on god only knows how many

Getting to that annoying stage where the blade needs replacing because the razor needs a clean but the damn thing just keeps going. Should start loading the average blade so I can have something to talk about.

Haha! Too true. I've only ever used one Schick blade before (from the TB#2) and it's still going...

Omega boar on Stirling Soap Iced coffee flavour. A ton of menthol- yikes! Summertime has come.
Used the 38C with the Med Prep Personna from the TB box. On third or fourth shave and still smooth as butter. Like!
Finished with some Peppermint aftershave.
Sun's out- happy days!

Tried the Muhle STF brush - very nice. Soft tips yet delivered a top, class lather out of HTGAM's Gondolier shave soap in no time flat.

38C with Med Prep on final run. Binned it after the shave.

Alum then some Myrsol aftershave to round out the shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.