Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good man. So we can add you to our ARKO fanboy club. I think you're the first overseas (i.e the other side of the Nullarbor) member.
Ah, thank you, this all makes sense now. All these arko fanbois are actually from the same place. The same backward place where only two shave sticks are available - I think Palmolive is the other isn't it? So you're probably spruiking the best of what you have. Yeah sorry over here we have access to a broader range of improved soaps - like Tabac, MWF, etc., and even this little soft thing we call 'shave creams' also in a thing we call a "tub". I know, I know, it's a lot to get your head around, but I suspect it'll become commonplace for your children's children.
So sorry, I didn't realise the time delay we had between us here and you fellas in the late 1970s.

Groovy!

Last edited:
Palmolive? Ain't seen one o'dem for ages. We got some stuff I fink it's called Shave or sumfink like tha. Funny tha, 'cause dat's what you do wiv it.....Shave! Get it? You from the big smoke over east? Lots a cars an stuff. An preddy gals? Only see dem in mags roun here.

Pjotr said:
If they did and threw it in some sexy packaging all you soap snobs would be drooling all over it.

You get a like for the gist of your post. The fanboi hierarchy is meeting to discuss what punishment shall be meted out for describing "Lathered Up ARKO! Man" as not sexy :angrysmileyface:

I have the slim a run today. Pretty sure it's got a shclicky in it. Nice shave :)

Inspired to ARKO! It up next time around

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsons
Soap/Cream: TOBS Shaver Shop
Razor: Weber PH w/- Bulldog handle
Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 14
After-shave: Lucky Tiger
Scent: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Another day, another great shave!

This is where it gets a little boring. Lots of good soaps to use, a great razor (could be the only one anybody needs) and a blade that just keeps on keeping on!

Seriously, quick, smooth, efficient with no irritation - great start to the day.

Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 14
Wow! Is that more than a Spoiler. I have about 4 different Wilks in the drawer I wonder which are vintage. Hmmm…

Are you talking here about the Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic? Be keen on your thoughts - especially compared to other lotions/splashes such as Proraso, Speick, Thayers, etc? I've been THIS close to buying this stuff a few times, even just for the darn classic apothecary look of it…
after_shave_para_hi__32954_zoom.jpg

......Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 14........

Yeah, you can't beat the Schicks. I haven't yet pushed one that far. Mainly because I want to give the razor a good clean after ten or so and then just start afresh and plonk a new blade in.

Been using a Schick too, on shave No 5 I think, together with that other top of the range product: ARKO!!!

Did you heathens get that? Again : ARKO!!!!

Superb lather....nice scent.

That's all.

From now until I finish this stick I'm going to also use the other honest pieces of equipment, a boar brush and an SE razor.

Last edited:
Been using a Schick too, on shave No 5 I think, together with that other top of the range product tester: MARKO!!!

Did you heathens get that? Again : MARKO!!!!

That's all.
Hmmm…this Marko character sounds quite interesting. He seems to have quite the following on here too. …though I believe they speak less about how he smells and the texture of what his bodily fluids over YKW.

From now until I finish this stick I'm going to also use the other honest pieces of equipment, a boar brush and an SE razor.
Wow things are tougher than I thought over on the West Coast. Once the crazy frontier folk drop their obsession with Cobb & co., morse code and Smith & Wessons, and let the high faultin folks from the Commonwealth's PostMaster General's Office into town, then will come the spoils of badger brushes and double-edge razors. Oh you fellas are in for such a treat.

Wow! Is that more than a Spoiler. I have about 4 different Wilks in the drawer I wonder which are vintage. Hmmm…

Yes I do get more than a Spoiler. I only worked out the number after checking my lsat SOTD entry. These last so long I forget how old then suddenly decide I need a new one

Are you talking here about the Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic? Be keen on your thoughts - especially compared to other lotions/splashes such as Proraso, Speick, Thayers, etc? I've been THIS close to buying this stuff a few times, even just for the darn classic apothecary look of it…

That is the one. It is my go to healing lotion. If I have a bad shave or just want an aftershave with a scent that dissipates quickly enough that a EDT or Cologne will not clast this is it.

WHEN you buy me that drink I can give you a sample ...

WHEN you buy me that drink I can give you a sample ...
You, mate, have yourself a deal!
Probably at the PCTB2 handover in a month or two. Be nice and warm enough in our parts then for a nice cold brew or two.

So better than Thayers and or other aftershave thingies?

You, mate, have yourself a deal!
Probably at the PCTB2 handover in a month or two. Be nice and warm enough in our parts then for a nice cold brew or two.

So better than Thayers and or other aftershave thingies?

As good as - but in a cool looking package :)

Yeah, you can't beat the Schicks. I haven't yet pushed one that far. Mainly because I want to give the razor a good clean after ten or so and then just start afresh and plonk a new blade in.

Been using a Schick too, on shave No 5 I think, together with that other top of the range product: ARKO!!!

Did you heathens get that? Again : ARKO!!!!

That's all.

ARKO, not on my shift.
Please refrain from speicking this schick.

What is it, the water perhaps ?

I'm sure that eastern peach fuzz you blokes grow over there just doesn't extract enough ARKO! Goodness onto those mugs of yours to build a quality lather.

Here in the rugged West ARKO! Keeps the whiskers at bay (in between beating off the hordes of female admirers) in style :p

I'm sure that eastern peach fuzz you blokes grow over there just doesn't extract enough ARKO! Goodness onto those mugs of yours to build a quality lather.

Here in the rugged West ARKO! Keeps the whiskers at bay (in between beating off the hordes of female admirers) in style :p
These are West Coast 'female admirers' you're 'beating off' though aren't they?
Just checking….:whistle:

Razor: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip 1955
Blade: Gillette Spoiler 1971
Cream: Old Spice Original Made in India (There was only 2 shaves left in my tube D: So I ordered a few tubes yesterday :D )
Alum: Shavex
A.F: Aqua Velva Original Sport

I was in for a double WTG but when I felt the smoothness of the Spoiler, I got carried away and performed a full 3 pass shave. I have no regrets
(•_• )
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
YEEAAHHHHH!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsons Duke
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soaps - Hungarian Lavender
Razor: Weber PH w/- Bulldog handle
Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 16 (Yes, 16!)
Scent: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Another day, another great shave!

Seriously - can't fault this combo, still going strong. Not sure how much further I will push this blade, might try to get three weeks out of it just for fun...

I'll definitely have to 'sell' you a personna 74 to see how long you can use that.

Admittedly it was "over there" but I did read of a 30 day challenge that several people successfully completed using one of them.

Personally I'm not expecting them to be much above the spoiler/Schick plat plus level.

I'm not sure that I have the 1000 other blades I would need to trade you for 1 personna 74 available @eggbert :(

Seriously I doubt that they could be that much better, but if everybody is focussed on them and leave the Schicks for us I'm happy!

Brush: Simmos restored badger
Soap/Cream: TOBS Eton College Cream
Razor: Progress on 3
Blade: Gillette Yellow 7 O'Clock second shave
After-shave: None

After a long weekend without shaving for three days, I shaved Monday night and it was a fantastic BBS two passer. So good that I didn't need to shave this morning.

I've been pretty dull in my shaving of late, because this is just such a good combo:

Brush: Simpson M6
Soap/Cream: Panna Crema Lavandotto
Razor: iKon SB
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
After-shave: Simpson Aftershave Balm

This Panna Crema is really good. Easy lather, nice and slick with good cushion. The herbal scent is a change of pace for me as well; lavender and bergamot. It's not overpowering, just a hint of Italian country side. I had high expectations of the Panna Crema and it's met them pretty well. I didn't, however, expect that the Simmo balm would be as good. It's pretty soothing, but the winning trait for me is that it's not greasy or slick after application. It doesn't make your face shiny either, which is nice for during the work week.

I've been pretty dull in my shaving of late, because this is just such a good combo:

Brush: Simpson M6
Soap/Cream: Panna Crema Lavandotto

There you go again!

Now I feel I NEED a M6 and some Panna Crema ...

Status
Not open for further replies.