Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night:

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Occams Original Shaving Cream ( finished it!)
Razor: Weber PH w/- Bulldog handle
Blade: Feathers - shave 8
After-shave: Lucky Tiger
Cologne: Penhaligon's OPus 1870

Out to the theatre with my wife

This morning:

Soap/Cream: T&H 1805 Cream
Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 1
After-shave: T&H 1805

Very nice all round

Brush: Frank Shaving Silvertip
Cream: Old Spice Made in India
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip 1955
Blade: Wilkinson Super Sword Edge
Alum Bloc: Shavex
After-shave: Aqua Velva Original Sport

Excellent shave, slightly tuggy but I had a 4 days beard so it's excusable, 1 nick on the cheek due to carelessness of the user. I did a classic WTG/XTG/ATG for a DFS++ shave.

Soap/Cream: Proraso Sandalwood
Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 2
After-shave: AoS Sandalwood Gel aftershave

I'm getting the hang of the Weber now - I think it is a keeper...

ARKO!
Schemogue
34C
7 O Clock Black (1)

Forgot how nice these black o'clocks were. Worth posting in here after a long hiatus at any rate.

I was wondering why my Schlicky seemed to run out of legs prematurely in the 34C too...cracked it open to discover one of PJ's wilks.

Brush: Vie Long super shedder
Soap/Cream: Monsavon
Razor: Slim Shady
Blade: Polsilver - 1
After-shave: Alum followed by Nivea sensitive balm

Huge difference after a week using a feather blade.
Feels like angels are using the power of self fulfillment to will the whiskers away, rather than using a microscopic chainsaw.
Monsavon is quite a surprise performance wise for a hard soap tbh and the smell is surprisingly ok :)
Has a spice hint that I'm associating with pepper, yet is not quite on the money.
The Nivea is nothing spectacular and despite being alcohol free, still occasionally burns, go figure.

Brush: Simpsons Classic 2 in Best
Soap/Cream: Tabac
Blade: IP Red (2)
After-shave: Tabac Lotion
Scent: Azzaro PH

Love Tabac, love the IP Reds and love the Weber. This here is a great combination to my mind, nose and face!

@stillshunter http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/351036300872 may be of interest then, particularly if you meet the requirements and manage 15% off using Voucher Code - CELEBRATE15 before making payment via paypal.
Thanks mate, but the shipping kills this deal. 100pk IPReds are $30 at Mensbiz, you could then apply the 15% B&B discount, being over $20 that's free shipping and so these are at your door next day for $25. Happy with that.

I'm really liking the Reds too. Not as sharp as others but so smooth and most of all so, so forgiving. Felt a couple of mistakes and got off scot-free. Also touched up a couple of times - so 5 passes in some areas and zero, nil, nada, irritation.

Hmm, could always ask if they can do a better deal postage wise, yet why bother when you can support local ? :)

Brush: Omega 80005
Soap/Cream: Otoko Organics Shaving soap
Razor: Merkur Progress (3+)
Blade: Red Personna (1)
Post-shave: Alum
After-shave: RR AS balm and Indian Old Spice

First go with the Otoko Organics... Interesting. A light, natural scent to the puck (natural jojoba scent), but not the lather. Charged the little piggie as I normally would and started lathering. The lather felt the part yet didn't seem to provide the protection that a good soap/cream would. Perhaps I need more soap to start with? Perhaps I needed to work harder at the lather as it was more bubbly than normal?
So I could feel the razor blade working, but despite feeling a little harsh to the skin there were no lasting weepers. After 2 passes (& touch ups) I was done with it. I was surprised that I didn't have any razor burn. But what was even more surprising was the end result. My skin was very, very smooth and felt very pleasant to the touch. I felt like I didn't need an AS balm (but - what the heck! It's so nice).

I think I need to use this soap a few more times before passing verdict. I was ready to write it off but I'm now having second thoughts. I didn't enjoy the journey so much, but the ending was very pleasing.

I'd try loading more soap next time around for sure filo. Can't hurt can it!
Haha! Yeah- I def need to load more soap next time. I get spoilt with some soaps and creams that need just a bit to work their magic. [emoji4]

Always use more than you think. Not getting enough on the brush will lead to thin bubbly lather, and that can hurt. The worst that can happen using too much soap is you have more left over.

Always use more than you think. Not getting enough on the brush will lead to thin bubbly lather, and that can hurt. The worst that can happen using too much soap is you have more left over.

Not like any of us have a problem with not enough soap lying around...

To celebrate or commemorate the end of a Season here, going down to 0C tonite, did a quick shave with a resently purchased straight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411047386.852121.jpg
Thistle Brand razor, face lathering and 4 passes later I'm ready for the day.

A nice looking blade right there.
It's always interesting when people say the words "quick shave" and "straight" in the same sentence...

Razor: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip 1955
Blade: Wilkinson Super Sword Edge
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Coconut
A.F: Aqua Velva Original Sport

End of the line for this English Wilks, I did a double WTG for a DFS-.

That's more blood than I would like for my straight shaves. But it's inspiring me to strop up my blades again haha

He had a deft hand(s) alright.
I was waiting for a punchline or something involving a lot more blood...

Status
Not open for further replies.