Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well back to the real world having given the Travelling Box to Filo. Now I only have the choice between 15 to 20 different creams and soaps, Dozens of blade types and even several brushes - Oh woe is me :)
Anyway went with the Simpsons Sandalwood
The Slim on 7
Personna (from the box) on shave 3.
Bit of a worry as the Personna was starting to tug a little and after the first couple of shaves with it I thought it would have some legs.
Never mind it did the job, although I have a theory that those who shave daily probably get more shaves from a given blade than slobs like me who start to think it is time to shave when the hair on the top lip starts getting in the mouth. :)
Finished with a splash of Speick aftershave I discovered in my goodies box.

Nice one GT. Though I'm sure it feels a little too much like being back in the Depression. ..I know again. [emoji12]

Me I did my final run with the fidelity kit. Learned a fair bit sticking with the same gear sll of September. The Weber showed itself to be a very capable razor - I could go solo with it...seriously! Tabac is great stuff, soap is amazing, followed by the lotion and then the balm. Still love the Classic 2, but do want a bigger handle- probably on my re knot. Tomorrow I will try the GFT Limes PIFed by @garethm...might even take the Slim for a spin.

There you go again!

Now I feel I NEED a M6 and some Panna Crema ...

It's just such an interesting scent. Lavender as a solo scent is quite common, but I really like the blend of herbs in this one. I also like that Panna Crema seem to make an effort to produce soaps that aren't just a one-dimensional scent, and actually have a few elements to them. It certainly helps them stand out amongst the crowd.

Has anyone here tried Jabonman?

Nice one GT. Though I'm sure it feels a little too much like being back in the Depression. ..I know again. [emoji12]

Me I did my final run with the fidelity kit. Learned a fair bit sticking with the same gear sll of September. The Weber showed itself to be a very capable razor - I could go solo with it...seriously! Tabac is great stuff, soap is amazing, followed by the lotion and then the balm. Still love the Classic 2, but do want a bigger handle- probably on my re knot. Tomorrow I will try the GFT Limes PIFed by @garethm...might even take the Slim for a spin.

A new month = NEW gear!
Time to go NUTS Stillsy... [emoji12]

It's just such an interesting scent. Lavender as a solo scent is quite common, but I really like the blend of herbs in this one. I also like that Panna Crema seem to make an effort to produce soaps that aren't just a one-dimensional scent, and actually have a few elements to them. It certainly helps them stand out amongst the crowd.

Sounds so good!

Nope. Haven't tried Jabonman but you talk about it so much that I'm curious. I saw that the maker doesn't have a website and you have to contact him via a forum... It seemed a few hurdles to jump over. Perhaps if you end up chasing some up (or would Juan from Gifts & Care get some in?) then we ought to order a few tubs and all go in.

A new month = NEW gear!
Time to go NUTS Stillsy... [emoji12]
Oh boy you better believe it Filo[emoji106] Tomorrow Limes, the next day maybe Cella, then maybe some TOBS Shave Shop, then maybe some Ingrams and then...oh no overload...too much to choose from

Oh boy you better believe it Filo[emoji106] Tomorrow Limes, the next day maybe Cella, then maybe some TOBS Shave Shop, then maybe some Ingrams and then...oh no overload...too much to choose from
Not to mention all your razors you accumulated...

Sounds so good!

Nope. Haven't tried Jabonman but you talk about it so much that I'm curious. I saw that the maker doesn't have a website and you have to contact him via a forum... It seemed a few hurdles to jump over. Perhaps if you end up chasing some up (or would Juan from Gifts & Care get some in?) then we ought to order a few tubs and all go in.

Rave reviews for Jabonman and interesting scents too, I'm pretty intrigued and I've never tried anything shaving-related from Spain or Portugal that's bad. Gifts & Care might be worth an email...

Not helping my budget @Mong.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsons
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough Shaving Soap
Razor: Weber PH w/- Bulldog handle
Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 17
After-shave: Captains Choice Limes

The shave wasn't the best today - could have been the lather though as I'm not great at getting a good lather out of those hard soaps. The Limes was nice to finish off on a spring morning though.

Don't you just tweak up the management fees for the super fund you look after to handle things like this? :)

If only it was that easy - or indeed if I got any fees for my role (they get paid to my employer)

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak re-knotted with TGN Finest by Australia's finest @Pjotr
Soap/Cream: Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus Shaving Soap
Razor: Weber PH w/- Bulldog handle
Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 18
After-shave: Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus

Slept in today, alarm went off, I must have dozed off and then woke up at 8am - AARGGGHHH!!!

So a late and thus warm shave - perfect for Proraso. Gee this is good stuff.

Shave was much better than yesterday, blade functioning OK. I'm putting yesterday down to poor lather. It was OK but I really struggle with those hard (triple milled?) soaps, I can never get the results of the 'croaps' or soaps like the Mikes.

Should get to shave 21 OK with this blade I think

21 shaves with the same blade??? That's amazing!

Mark - have a look at the Semogue 620 if you want to get the best out of hard soaps.

21 shaves with the same blade??? That's amazing!

Mark - have a look at the Semogue 620 if you want to get the best out of hard soaps.

Yeah these vintage blades are pretty amazing.

I might have to look at a boar, although you are brave mentioning Semogue around here ....

Yeah these vintage blades are pretty amazing.

I might have to look at a boar, although you are brave mentioning Semogue around here ....

More than happy to be the resident Black Duck but I'm quite bemused at the flack Semogue gets from the group.

More than happy to be the resident Black Duck but I'm quite bemused at the flack Semogue gets from the group.
Each to their own! Some like Semogue, some like Derbys, and then others go for
A***! We're a weird mob...

Status
Not open for further replies.