Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
What with the above and my admission of not buying anything shaving related in almost a year I think one of the mods must have their finger hovering, poised over the expel button.
Seconded.
Do I hear a third motion for the Eggy expulsion?

Nah, the last couple of things he has purchased have been from me I think!

Yeah, yet hold long ago ?
Is his ahem "membership" due ?

I think one of the items I purchased from mark should have given me at least 2 if not 3 years membership

If that;s the case I also seek Asylum.

Been using the Slim like a racing car. A really nice razor.

I am unable to choose much in the way of variety as I am moving house and most stuff is in boxes now.

The beloved Plisson brush stays unboxed with my Feather AC , Slim and Futur.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak re-knotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Occams Original Shaving Cream
Razor: Weber PH w/- Bulldog handle
Blade: Feathers - shave 6
After-shave: Penhaligon's Opus 1870 balm
Cologne: Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EDT spray

Probably as far as I want to push the Feather but still a mighty fine shave - close and smooth. I need to restraint myself here in the lounge....

Used the new Pen's Opus 1870 EDT. I love it, wife loves it - all is good!

Off to YPAD via YMML - see you later :)

Brush: Omega 80005
Soap/Cream: Shave Place glycerine soap "Bay Rum"
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Post-shave: Alum
After-shave: Stirling Bay rum Aloe & Witch Hazel Balm/Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

Clean but not smooth shave. Not a fan of the Gillette Platinums (but may return another time) - didn't seem as smooth across the skin. Did the job though but not as enjoyable.
Enjoying the Bay Rum scents though!

Brush: Muhle 'Silvertip Fibre' travel shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Euro Palmolive Classic in a re-purposed glue stick tube
Razor: Sensor Excel Twin Blade Cartridge 'System'
Blade: Sensor Excel Twin Blade Cartridge
After-shave: Aqua Velva Musk

Another trip that included overnight in YPAD. Home via YSSY for a meeting today before the flight back to YSCB tonight (how am I going @Monsta_AU ?)

Almost running out of blades for the Sensor Excel so have been looking around for an alternative. The Atra/Contour gets some good reviews and that was my razor before the Sensor. The all metal handles are now collectible and expensive so I'm going for the cheaper plastic/metal one and some generic blades out of Singapore. Lighter as well for packing nerds like me.

That might be my travel razor of choice soon ...

Fixed it for you.

My shave today was really good.

Same as the last few, same ingredients but this time I paid more attention to the direction of growth and ended up with a smooth face. Except for the goattee.

Aussie Gillette on its third shave in a Progress.

I have a small stock of these Aussie Gillette Super Stainless, 1984 if I remember well, they are very good.

Another trip that included overnight in YPAD. Home via YSSY for a meeting today before the flight back to YSCB tonight (how am I going @Monsta_AU ?).
We will make a pilot out of you yet!

I have a small stock of these Aussie Gillette Super Stainless, 1984 if I remember well, they are very good.
They are indeed, as good as normal Spoilers. Would be happy to grab 100 blades for my own stash if they come up on eBay.

Brush: Simpsons Classic 2 in Best
Soap/Cream: Tabac
Blade: IP Red (1)
After-shave: Tabac Lotion and then Balm
Scent: Azzaro PH

Sticking with the Tabac Soap and aftershave, as well as Weber razor and CL2 (but can defer to the D2 if still wet) for this month. Great experience I got to say, as I'm learning to get to know my kit and really been enjoying my shaves with this line-up so far. Also had fine shaves this week with the PermaSharp Super (PSS), but talking to a mate at work on Wednesday who waxed lyrical about his shave with the IP Red so I thought I'd give one a spin (as I've run out of PSS). Gotta say, the feel of the Red was superb! Certainly not as sharp as the PSS but soooooo smooth. Went four passes and then on the clean-up thought I'd just go a complete other ATG pass. No drama. Not a single nick and zero irritation. Not even the slightest sting with the Tabac lotion - which I normally get just a zing to remind me I'm alive. Lotion is great and tried layering with the balm a few minutes later and it was a great combo for the day. Love having an excess of Tabac under my nose. 12 hours post-shave still smooth for the most part. A happy start to the weekend.

Frankencroap

Slim with a red IP

Plisson Synth brush of course. (I am considering buying my son one of these when he arrives as it would be good to get him started right.But $100 is a bit of a swallow.)

Alum, Speick Splash. and some of her face stuff which she insists I use (girly stuff )

Rippl'n.

Haven't had an ingrown since using that Hovans' Gold stuff.

All is well in the facial department. GT, that was for you old mate.

... I am considering buying my son one of these when he arrives as it would be good to get him started right.But $100 is a bit of a swallow...

Do something the day he arrives!

The day my son was born my father and I went and got him a hammer. It was a good one, not cheap. It is capable of lasting him his whole life - and was bought the say he was born.

I presume you have seen my other present for him here.

That nearly made me cry Mark, granted that I am a big emotional sook.

My Woman just cannot believe the things I get tears about. Shit, she can hardly go to the movies with me without being embarrassed.

But it is funny that the things she cries about about just slightly affect me. GOD!!! maybe we are incompatible.

Want another cool idea @Marlow ?

Unfortunately I only heard of this idea once why kids were older. It was a serious of photos taken on the day of the child's birth and each subsequent birthday of the child's hand in the father's hand. It was amazing. You saw in the photos the child growing up and developing and the father's hand ageing. In time you would presumably be able to tell when the child is really holding the father's hand - but the series was not that long when I saw them.

Really cool idea I thought.

The hammer? Every bloke needs a hammer :)

The razor? I have nothing really of my Dad's in that area and I wanted to create an heirloom.

OK then BOT

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Occams Original Shaving Cream (nearly finished it!)
Blade: Feathers - shave 7
After-shave: Tet-A-Tet

Forgot to change out the Feathers - still got a good shave!

Brush: $10 synthetic (claims Pur Tech)
Soap/Cream: Razorock XXX
Razor: Merkur 37C slant
Blade: Derby (1) !?!
After-shave: Razorock AS wax; Old Spice

Never used a Derby before as known to be notoriously bad. But also heard that pairs well with the Merkur slant so gave it a whirl. Did a great job and very happy with the result (2 passes and touch up).

I'll write a bit about the brush in the post on synthetics. Suffice to say I'm happy with the brush for $10 but it's not going to replace any of my naturals. I see it as another brush to the line up and keeps me curious about the higher prices synthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.