Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap/Cream: MWF
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: GSB
After-shave: Cade AS balm

Always love that babies butt (or is it baby's?) feeling you get after a shave with Mitchell's.

No ownership or duplication involved at all it seems.

From here - "BBS: Baby butt smooth. A completely smooth shave result. Circular rubbing pattern with the fingertips can't detect any sort of stubble left, period. See also DFS, CCS and SAS"

On the subject of baby butt smooth check out this page at baby butt smooth dot com @Drubbing

Last edited:
.come? Really? I dare not paste that link.

Going back a post to your b&b link.

I think in proper English, like wot we talk, there has to be ownership.

It just doesn't sound right without the 's to me

Going back a post to your b&b link.

I think in proper English, like wot we talk, there has to be ownership.

It just doesn't sound right without the 's to me

Yes, it may well be the so called 'American English'

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408452189.762396.jpg
Brush: Omega 80005
Soap/Cream: Stirling 'Sharp Dressed Man'
Razor: Slim on 4
Blade: PSS
After-shave: Stirling 'Sharp Dressed Man' Witch Hazel & Aloe balm

Would you believe my first shave with a Slim? Must do it again soon. Beautiful and smooth on my 2 day growth. Could also give credit to the smooth new Permasharp Super (courtesy of @Drubs!). Must order some via Bestshave when they come back in Sept.

The little piggie bristles worked wonders on the Stirling soap. No problem with lathering; it really is good quality soap. The scent of "Sharp Dressed Man" is strong but not over-bearing. It is based on Green Irish Tweed (not that I've smelt the original). I like it a lot.

Finishing with the scented witch hazel & aloe balm really reinforced the scent and soothed the skin (my skin dries so easily). Thicker and creamier than Nivea but not as luscious as RR AS wax, it's a great balm nonetheless. I could still smell the aftershave after several hours so that's top marks from me.

An enjoyable shave indeed.

Off on holiday with the family. 1000 Islands area of New York . Shave this morning before going for a 3hr boat ride along the St Lawrence River: Feather straight razor, ProGuard blade, Lea stick soap. 2passes, nice fast shave.

...........It just doesn't sound right without the 's to me

The problem with the possessive apostrophe (PA) is that there are no agreed rules of usage. Apparently there is a PA society in Britain that campaigns for it's proper usage, but as nobody seems to know what that is, the society I imagine consists mainly of people writing letters to the editor of their local rag about that disgraceful sign in the window of the local Grocer's. Or should that be Grocers. I once read a twenty page document outlining the use of the PA and it was utterly baffling.

I think I read part of the same document. Did it mention something along the lines of their only being two places in the whole of the USA with apostrophes in their name?

I think I read part of the same document. Did it mention something along the lines of their only being two places in the whole of the USA with apostrophes in their name?
That was on an episode of QI

30C
Feather
Harris Arlington

Happy, but gets harder to shave daily with a Feather. There's just not as much there...

I confess I too have shaved several times since my last enthralling posting here. But to be honest it has all been a little humdrum. Lather up some Simpsons - remove with a blade. So this weekend it will be time to dig into the treasure chest of aged razors and try something different. I have a selection of 3 piece razors I have never tried as well as a collection of blades brushes and lathery stuff. So I shall start a voyage of discovery and report on my exciting adventures in due course. I know it will be difficult for some of you to remain patient but I am afraid an adventure like this takes time to prepare for.
Until we meet again.

So I shall start a voyage of discovery and report on my exciting adventures in due course. I know it will be difficult for some of you to remain patient but I am afraid an adventure like this takes time to prepare for.
Until we meet again.

Bon voyage! Happy adventuring! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.