Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Coconut
Razor #01: Merkur 34C with Spoiler S-4 1972 - WTG + XTG
Razor #02: Schick Krona 1965 + Schick Super Chromium 1973 - ATG

How do you date Schick razors ?

How do you date Schick razors ?

Spark up a conversation on some non polarising topic...Ask them out for a drink. Progress to dinner if things are going well. If the date is going well you will retire to your boudoir. As Ms krona's negligee slides to the floor you may espy a code tattooed on her delicate form...

Unfortunately she shouldn't have had some sort of kanji scribed upon her by a bloke called Dennis because like many young ladies of today the cool looking tattoo she sports is aught but gibberish.

somebody PM me about the p.160. Ill try to dig it out of the nice bowl I have it in at present.

I thought the Israeli personnas should have the tattoos not the Luftwaffe schicks

This is impressive. I thought I was good at taking threads off course.

Nothing new really. Alternating between re-knotted badger and boar brushes. Various soaps including Sir Irisch Moos and Occams lime (still haven't finished the sample...it's depressing). Same old bakelite razor with a Schicksa on God knows how many shaves. That's the only draw back with this blade. You just can't seem to finish with it. I can't remember the last time I finished a Schick blade dispenser. I'm obsessed with finishing stuff and this is just depressing.

Last night I went shave 3 with FEATHERS and the 30c. The edge is down, but this blade is still sharp yet feel really safe to use. I went at it as I usually would. Safe to say I got a result like few others, with no trace or irrits. It's still shaved enough , I could go to work with it, if it were Monday. (But I'd still do a pass, just because I could...)

I've never been able to use feathers with any razor I tried, and so (fair to assume) blamed the blade; after all, it was the only one I could never tolerate. The 30c is the perfect razor for me. Having given the 34 a run the other day, I can see how I used to compensate for its aggressiveness.

Shave 4 tomorrow. Can't see it lasting beyond that, so they're still the most expensive option in modern blades.

Am a big fan of feather blades. When I use a shavett their the best, becomes smoother due to the sharpness. Love them in my futur and 38m

Today I shaved with tabac, a brush my futur and a blade. Shaved with the blade for over a week now and have forgotten what I put in.

But most importantly. I finished with coral skin food! Really like this as it's not sticky or oily after application!

I thought the Israeli personnas should have the tattoos not the Luftwaffe schicks

I ditched my Israeli Personna yesterday in protest.

Think I'll load a Polsilver and use Thater with SIM today, as both countries were/are scapegoats to ensure the survival of capitalism :(

War has taken enough from my family that I feel compelled to impose my objections and speak out against injustices and proposition my audience with alternative view that MSM have no interest in representing.

Easier to do that now, than later when the privileges of relative freedom have been further eroded by a police state in the interests of the capitalism machine and there is no one to stand beside me in unison, as your minority have already been suppressed.

Apologies for those of a sensitive nature that this has offended, it's just this has really got under my skin and with family from both Allies and Axis countries, I know first hand it's effects, when the solution is so damned easy if people set aside their agendas :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Still on the Krona and PSS combo this week. Nice and smooth shave. Whilst shaving I thought maybe I should start timing myself because I reckon today I did it in under 3 minutes - maybe wet shaving could be in the next Commonwealth Games?

I ditched my Israeli Personna yesterday in protest.

Think I'll load a Polsilver and use Thater with SIM today, as both countries were/are scapegoats to ensure the survival of capitalism :(

War has taken enough from my family that I feel compelled to impose my objections and speak out against injustices and proposition my audience with alternative view that MSM have no interest in representing.

Easier to do that now, than later when the privileges of relative freedom have been further eroded by a police state in the interests of the capitalism machine and there is no one to stand beside me in unison, as your minority have already been suppressed.

Apologies for those of a sensitive nature that this has offended, it's just this has really got under my skin and with family from both Allies and Axis countries, I know first hand it's effects, when the solution is so damned easy if people set aside their agendas :(

I'm lost.

Feather
30C
Speick

The Feather has reached the point where it provides little point of difference over less sharp blades. I swapped it out on the first pass before taking on the chin. It'll shave alright, but 3 is the limit, it had slowed noticeably. The new blade pissed in another top result.

Also have a Fatboy from Mark to try out, so might give that a run this week.

7OC Yellow, 3rd shave
Fatboy
Jermyn
Muhle Pure

Very meh shave today. More about getting out the door than anything. Did decent under the chin & neck though.

Jermyn almost finished, probably will add it to the finished list next week!

Weber stainless
Feather blade, 1st shave
Muhle synthetic
Mikes soap
Coral skin food

Three pass shave BBS without any touchups!

This is becoming my favourite razor!

O.M.G POLSILVER !

Where has you been hiding ?

On the road in Mackay this morning

Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: "European" Palmolive Shaving Stick (in a glue stick tube)
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel "System"
Blade: Gillette Sensor Cartridge refills
After-shave: Aqua Vera Musk aftershave

The joys of motel shaving. There was a sink plug which was a good start the problem was the only mirror was behind me when i was facing the sink!

Apart from that a decent cartridge shave - but I can't wait to use a real razor tomorrow morning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.