October 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had asked about why he had taken Australia off the postage list, and that I wanted to buy the big listing he had. Obviously something got lost in translation as he had sent me a Paypal invoice on the 9th for 550 blades prior to that listing going up. I asked him to throw it up on eBay for Buyer Protection reasons.

Sorry mate, I thought I was dealing with him to get the lot. I wouldn't be too concerned as there will be some left over. Mark and myself are going for about 200 each, the remaining ~150ish will be available at cost + post + site donation. So you are in on that if you want it.

I'd prefer to keep them in 'useful' size lots too, yet get them into the hands of as many people as possible. I'd probably get you a double-share of the split afterwards.
Now I've a keyboard and not a touch screen... :)

Mate, I've no qualms you picking them up, if anything, I'm glad that someone here has done so :)
I've confidence that when we finally meet, there will be a not so small brown paper bag with my name upon it ;)

Has anyone used Razorock Zi Peppino?

I have some of that balm waiting for me when i get back to sydney. The "green tobacco" scent doesn't actually inform me of much.
I've a sample and as a non smoker, I like it :)
If the product works well, I'd purchase it.

Do samples count as acquisitions? Good old filo has been kind enough to send me some samples. I won't catch up with them until Monday night.

I can shave again Monday night, and perhaps twice Tuesday morning, how many times can you shave in a day and still have a chin the following day? :)

I'm thinking of getting some of this to rub on my beard to help it grow back quicker, so I can get in a few more shaves

Provillus - Top Hair Regrowth for Men
You heard it right, and Yes – it's really as simple as that. Provillus has crafted a product so precise, potent, and advanced, that we can confidently say you could see outstanding results in as little as 10 days.

Those bald spots don't have to be permanent anymore. Provillus has a fundamental understanding of male pattern baldness, so it can help reverse those hormonal causes and fix balding at the root of the problem.

This man shaved and then slapped some Provillus on as aftershave, and the next day...

passionx-large.jpg

Well got myself a pillson (spelling?) synth.

I found it nicer made but worked the same as my body shop one.

For me. Badger is better. But I lather on my face, te synth seems finer bubbles but takes a lot longer than badger. I can mash the badger better.

Mate, I've no qualms you picking them up, if anything, I'm glad that someone here has done so :)
I've confidence that when we finally meet, there will be a not so small brown paper bag with my name upon it ;)

You know what else I have bought and am trying to buy. I am sure some of those will find their way to you.

Some soap, 444 and Myrsol arrived yesterday. Oh, and a Muhle STF. Customs took a look but didn't use any.

Tell us how you get on with the 444 phil, heard mixed opinions. And which Myrsol did you get?

Tell us how you get on with the 444 phil, heard mixed opinions. And which Myrsol did you get?

I've used the 444 balm from the Travelling Box #2 only recently. That's why I bought it. I used it wrongly- like an aftershave balm. You're meant to blend it into some of your cream or aftershave. It'll give an added icy punch. See @borked's assessment in his recent posts to the Travelling Shave box.

I got Agua Balsamica, Formula K (Peppermint), Formula F/Extra and the Emulsion. Trying the AB in the Travelling Box was terrific and twisted my arm big time...

I'm seriously considering this to be my next acquisition after Dogbert smashed Eggbert's phone the other week.

I held out for the Nexus 6, but it just looks too expensive to me, and the Nexus 5 isn't dropping in price yet.

My invite expires in 8 hours.

Go for it, most of the feedback on the OnePlus is fantastically good, also an amazingly low price. Crazy to get a Nexus6 because it is the size of an iPad Mini. If I want a Tablet, then I will buy one!

If I was in the market for a phone, I would get the OnePlus over pretty much everything else on the market as it is amazing value. Still plenty of life in my HTC One M7 yet though.

I had an invite previously, but gave it away as there was still life in the old Nexus 4 at that time.
$150+ to fix that phone (once postage is factored in) or $370+ post for this is my current dilemma.

Bugger it!

Ordered.

Will have to be my Christmas present when Wifebert finds out.

Be sure to inform her of the $400 saving over getting an iPhone spend $20 on flowers and your in with a grin

Ahh...

futur.boxed.JPG

Gee this thing feels like a quality bit of kit! Good heft and the adjustment mechanism feels very smooth yet weighty. Looking forward to having a lash on the weekend :LOL:

Just checked out the razors ranked by blade gap. Futur at lowest setting is just shy of the slim opened right up! I think it will be a Permasharp for the first outing!!

Just checked out the razors ranked by blade gap. Futur at lowest setting is just shy of the slim opened right up! I think it will be a Permasharp for the first outing!!

Yeah and the slim doesn't have the weight of a semi trailer behind it.

Open the thing up all the way and you could lop some trees.

Gee who spotted that for you SyD? :whistle:

Some bloke with no use for a razor!!

It's been dead here today and I have spent some time at www.beards.org

I'm thinking I might contemplate having a last shave Xmas morning and giving myself 150 days to see what occurs. That will put me about 2 years on from my last attempt.

I think you all need to take a good look at yourselves. You are driving board stalwarts like NtK and myself to beard-dom!

2wqwim8.jpg

It finally arrived.
@filobiblic actually reminded me when custodianship of SBv2 was transferred to oneself, that I should of received it and to pester the ever generous @Mark1966 so he could afford feedback to the seller.
Good thing I held off.

@JugV2 's r41 and @Mark1966 's shaving box take priority though.

So much dammed stuff generously donated or loaned by the likes of @Mark Watterson , @Occams , @JugV2 , @Mark1966 and the impending vintage blades of doom and gloom (as they're not readily available), so little facial hair and time.
I genuinely do appreciate the generosity and trust demonstrated by members of this forum, be it private or professional motivations, that I feel compelled to again bring it to the forefront of peoples minds of what we're lucky enough to have here :)
Maybe this will encourage others to be brave enough to run their livery sans hair ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.