October 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acquired this shaving mug from the Op Shop - never had one like it before and not terribly fond of the shape. Might stick a puck of soap in the bottom and use it purely for loading when face lathering. My Omega 49 doesn't like to lather in such confined environments.

Having a handle like that is good with soapy hands, but I agree that it's not much fun for loading the big 49. You'll just have to get another brush! [emoji6]

Lovely razor BTW... Looks in good nick and definitely a showpiece in the bathroom.

Acquired this shaving mug from the Op Shop - never had one like it before and not terribly fond of the shape. Might stick a puck of soap in the bottom and use it purely for loading when face lathering. My Omega 49 doesn't like to lather in such confined environments.

Four years and the styptic pencil is still front and centre. Lucky you found us RR :p

I have a similar bowl as seen in the Shave of the Day thread. They really are just a glorified soap holder at that size IMHO.

Four years and the styptic pencil is still front and centre. Lucky you found us RR :p

I have a similar bowl as seen in the Shave of the Day thread. They really are just a glorified soap holder at that size IMHO.
You might find that styptic is still unused! I did acquire that recently though - so I'm not totally innocent when it comes to acquisitions I suppose.

Thinking of perhaps putting that bowl up for some kind of trade as it's not my cup of tea.

that there's definitely a shaving mug. good for loading a puck but not lathering. have an Edwin Jagger one that I've been trying to sell, but no bugger will buy it. Sick of the tight arses on here! o_O

Sorry mate this is natural this time of year - seriously - every postie from the sorting house to the delivery dude reckons he can relive those grand final moments!
I thought they fell off their bikes trying to dodge those bloody magpies...

All looks good as per my post earlier in the thread.

A small Baxters of California asb sample included. Must not love me like they love Drubs on the freebies!

All looks good as per my post earlier in the thread.

A small Baxters of California asb sample included. Must not love me like they love Drubs on the freebies!

Did I miss what was inside the box? I can't, for the life of me, see an earlier post proclaiming the contents of that deformed MB box...

Broken dreams...

Sorry guys, couldn't help myself.

100 White Plats for about $1.20/blade delivered. If someone is quick, there is a 50-blade pack left too (and some P74's at a stupid price)

Ixeira is charging $72 per 50 blades before being hit by postage costs from Correos!

If you aren't familiar with the Correos (Spanish postal service) pricing, lets just say you know how much your backside hurts after posting a parcel with AusPost? Correos requires a whole tub of Vaseline - part of the reason why G&C postal costs are so high.

... If someone is quick, there is a 50-blade pack left too (and some P74's at a stupid price)

Not if my offer is accepted - I will be open to sharing though :)

Have to do something since you got those other ones eyed off ...

Status
Not open for further replies.