October 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sure you should be too thankful about receiving that @borked!

I'm sure the thought/act of generosity alone is enough to be thankful for, is it not ?
Oh, and I always can return it to you, stating it's holiday here is over ;)

F*cking weirdos talking about facial hair all the time!

What? Oh... as you were.

Somehow I can't get as excited about beards as I do about shaving?

Why does a forum on shaving seem entirely logical and right, and a beard site a little on the tacky/slighty comical side?
Perhaps us clean shaven folks are comfortable in our masculinity and don't need to resort to tacky/slightly comical displays to assert said emotion ?
Admits to sporting a beard, yet in defence, it was before yuppies discovered them and they became mainstream...

I genuinely do appreciate the generosity and trust demonstrated by members of this forum, be it private or professional motivations, that I feel compelled to again bring it to the forefront of peoples minds of what we're lucky enough to have here :)

Jeez Borked, don't go all kumbaya on us - I'm starting to tear up and haven't gotten this way since Lassie got Lil Timmy out of the well! Awwww schucks....

Quickly!!! Someone give this man a hug! ;-)

Old Spice Aftershave. From Coles.

Long past my fragrance phase, never really into them, but this is a decent aftershave that happens to smell good. I've used the deo stick for years.

Has a bit more than alc water and smelly, also has glycol and castor oil, so does a decent moistening job. Miss the menthol of my favorites though.

Old Spice Aftershave. From Coles.
Miss the menthol of my favorites though.
Weren't you the one who said you add 444 balm to your favourite AS for an added kick? It's a great idea!

ej-11p37_LRG.jpg

The synthetic silvertip version of this kind of just appeared today.
Unable to actually find the model anywhere upon the web at all.
Also, the writing upon my handle is upside down when the brush is stood upon it's rear.
It's measurements are consistent with the Muhle synthetic.
Unlike Shedomatic, it doesn't throw hair at me when fanning the dry knot and smells nice to boot.
Is there a chance I've scored a genuine silvertip by mistake ?

It managed to sneak in a fellow European friend in btw.
Both will be sidelined for a bit before called into play.
proraso_aftershave_1.jpg

Edit
http://www.shavershop.com.au/Store/...-425f-9db1-3a5b22734b8a&pagesize=10&orderby=1
That is what it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
Some new sunglasses arrived (and I signed up to flickr to easily upload pics from iphone!)

image by mark.spencer66, on Flickr

image by mark.spencer66, on Flickr

Highly recommended YKW ...

Still waiting for these, they've been stuck in Melbourne for 8 days now according to Auspost tracking.
$_57.JPG

Nice Egg. Been after some reasonably priced P74's for a while now but they are like Rocking Horse dung.

Plenty of expensive examples however.

Status
Not open for further replies.