May Madness - One soap for One month

This is the starting weight for the challenge!

6a370d7a1e0781787eee6d0bed0e3b14.jpg

I was thinking of weighing but forgot - I will just aim to FINISH the tub :)

I tend to use only the one soap at sea for the month unless I need to start a new soap.
When I'm at home I tend to use around 3 different soaps just to compare and see which maker I like better but like everyone here my cupboard is starting to look like a retail outlet

I want to thank @Lifes a Peach for starting this MAYdness - to be honest I thought I would be only improving on my loading and lathering times - I was convinced my lather was absolutely up to scratch...

Well and thanks to @Osman I was reminded of the first important rule of great lather - load it like you hate it! Again I thought I was doing well in that department, until I saw how much soap he loads up each shave.

Well today I really loaded up the brush and you can see the result in the lather section - spectacular - so many thanks to the two of you!

There is magic in that MWF they say - black magic ...

Hey - Happy shaving :)

May Madness is both harder & easier than I thought.

Thankfully I picked a scent I enjoy & have greatly improved my lathering technique with the soap.

On the other hand I can't help but longingly look at all my other soaps.

It may be time to truly overload my brush so that I finish the soap earlier in the month..

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of "...a week in", has anyone gone weak at the knees yet?

Along with the Speick stick I used the same brush, aftershave and blade all week. Using this as an opportunity to progress the Romera brush break-in, see how far I can take the Timor blade and just LOVE Proraso aftershave. Probably change up tomorrow.

Speaking of "...a week in", has anyone gone weak at the knees yet?

Not yet (says the man with only two soaps) but that may change when my Amazon order gets here. Then I will have to look at my new soap and wonder what it will be like, until the end of May...