May Madness - One soap for One month

Lifes a Peach

...or a mango. But definitely a fruit.
2016 Sabbatical
Charity Auction Team
This is an idea that I read about on another shave forum. The basic premise is that you shave with one soap for one month.

Initially I scoffed at the idea but it started messing with my head. Being on a sabbatical can do that :rolleyes: Could I stick just to one soap for a month? Could I do it without boredom kicking in? Which one would I choose? In the bad old days of carts I used nothing but Nivea shave gel for years so it should be a walk in the park, right? Hmmm...

I'm yet to choose my soap. It can't be a favourite for fear of developing hatred for it. It's got to be something with exceptional post-shave care. Something that goes well with all of my aftershaves. It's going to be a tough choice.

Could you guys do it? It's just for one month. I know of a couple of guys on here who could do this standing on their heads but I'd imagine it would be a big stretch for most.

Hmmm I'm happy to give it a crack. Would be a good way to work through the stock pile!

Now to decide what that will be...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an idea that I read about on another shave forum. The basic premise is that you shave with one soap for one month.

Geez, I dunno ... I'm already forcing myself to stick to one blade for a month ...

And as @Hocky27 says, do I pick my favourite or one I already don't like? Decisions ... decisions ...

Hmmmm from a practical point of view it is possible but a whole month just one soap. Ok I am game but the decision for which soap is an interesting one. My favourite or one that I want to finish off or something in between.

Great idea @Lifes a Peach and I'm in! Will do Mystic Waters (but cheat a little and use the different ones I have)

Tempted to do this. On the one hand, I have a pesky puck of Tabac to make inroads on. On the other, I've just revisited my olive oil soaps!

Couple of days to decide I guess.

This is great way to really dial in a soap.

If you have 3 or 4 brushes then you would be able to experiment between face and bowl lathering, the level of water, whether to bloom or not.

And you could try to find different post-shave scent combinations that you might not otherwise hit upon

I'm in, I used Proraso green exclusively for years! I'm sure I can do it for a month... I've got enough other products to play with and keep the shaves interesting! :whistle:

Can I count my three weeks using the same kit towards this? That means only another week?

I seriously doubt I could do a month straight with a single soap after just having done the three weeks ...

Well... since I had to pack my bags and catch a plane to Brisbane in 2 hours for an unknown amount of time, I just grabbed my Arko stick equipped travel shaving kit. As it turns out, I am here for two weeks. That being the case, the first two weeks would be easy, getting home and having a choice for the remaining two not so much.. I reckon I could do it with one of my favourite soaps.

Only a temporary aberration to try and stop @Mark1966 from trying to cheat in a smiling happy clapping sort of way :)
Nah. Stick around and bring some sanity @gthomas04 . One soap for a month. Pffft. Next it will be one brush, one razor ... ... ... hang on; doesn't somebody here do that :whistle:.