December 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my trip to Mustafa Centre and Haniffa Centre in Little India ( Singapore)

Blades

300 Gillette Super stainless (Russian greens)
100 Personna Platinum Chrome
50 Gillette Nacet
50 Lord SS
Creams
2 x Godrej Deluxe
1 Godrej Menthol Mist
1 Godrej Limes
1 Denim Shave Cream
1 Euro Palmolive
1 Yardley Gold
1 Nivea Shave Cream
Aftershaves
1x Euro Brut Original
1x Mennen Skin Bracer
2x Denim Musk
2x Denim Original
1x Denim Black
Brushes
1 Omega 10072
1 Omega 10019

I can appreciate the concept may be alien to you, what with the impressive size of your collection, yet sharing is caring ;)

Just got into the year with these:
- Jermyn St AS & soap (it's my ticket into the Jermyn St Fanboi club [emoji41])
- Shaver Heaven Aladdin & Heavenly Amber (I need some soaps to put into the next three Travelling Boxes in 2015 [emoji51])

More a trade than an acquisition, but this little package arrived at work today courtesy of @borked. Just in time for a blade change too.
IMG_20141230_161413_20141230_161441.jpg

Hopefully he feels the trade is of equal value.

Those are mentholated crystals - and they are clearing my sinuses up nicely, so I have high hopes for a shave later tonight.

Just need to work out how and how much to use.

Yuppers, I'm now dealing in crystal menth, this ad of mine is that bad!

Glad it got to you safe and well mate and sure I'll be happy with your half of the trade, when it decides to grace me with it's presence :)
Question is, which blade are you going with ?

Hi all,

I'm very new to de shaving. Have second shave tonight with a razor I bought from a market. Can someone please tell me what it is. It's a four piece. It think a Gillette.
I'm waiting for my Merkur 34c to come from MensBiz Kit.
Please see my avatar as I can't upload as yet.
(Can someone step me through adding a pic here)
Simon

Welcome @smitsch
Hope your stay is long and fruitful :)
That looks like a mighty fine razor and if cleaned up, may not even require a replate.

In the email you got when signing up, there is info upon things like pics, privileges etc, that will guide you through the process.

What soap/brush combo are you using ?

Hi all,

I'm very new to de shaving. Have second shave tonight with a razor I bought from a market. Can someone please tell me what it is. It's a four piece. It think a Gillette.
I'm waiting for my Merkur 34c to come from MensBiz Kit.
Please see my avatar as I can't upload as yet.
(Can someone step me through adding a pic here)
Simon
Hey mate! Welcome to P&C. You might want to drop by the Welcome thread and say hello. Everyone will want to pepper you with questions...

From the teeny tiny picture it looks like an open comb travel set. I think it's similar to the one I have.

For adding a picture, you're best using a dedicated photo website like Imgur or Flickr and then adding the URL here.

Hi Borked,
At the moment Im using a sample size Proraso cream and Merkur Supers. The razor does not seem too aggressive and after the second shave ive not cut myself too much. Just using a cheapy brush, the $220 deal from Mensbiz give me a Macshave silver tip. Im excited to try this one out.
I spent about 1 hour tonight trying to clean this DE up, going from toothbrush to ultrasonic bath and back. It was a lot more gummed up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 8
I know Mustafa Centre, but where is Haniffa?

Haniffa is about a 5 minute walk from Mustafa Centre ( and it seems cheaper than Mustafa). It is on the corner of Dunlop & Clive Street in Little India. I asked 3 people for directions on how to get to it and they all were able to help ( in fact the last person I asked was on just on her way to it) so it is a well known place in the area.

Cheers @rm71 will take a look next time we head out that way.

Last acquisition for 2014... [emoji51] The last Plisson synthetic in perhaps all of Sydney.
This is the original one. So the plan is to compare and trade/sell off the one I like the least.

Buying to trade next year? That sounds like gaming the system to me

Perhaps... But I was keen to see what the old knot is like compared to the new version. So I'd have gotten it anyway. It just so happens that it's the turn of the year.

Consider it like gliding. You need help from a motor to gain height and speed. Then you cut off the engine and glide... It's just I'm going to glide for an entire year!

Status
Not open for further replies.