Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think you were that fat Mark - you didn't look that large on your previous avatar.

Been a long while since I did a SOTD but it was so good this morning to be home and using a DE rather than a cart so ...

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Tabac!
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Personna Blue Lab - shave ?
After-shave: Tabac

Tabac, oh Tabac. One of my first purchases and STILL hanging around. We can easily forget just how good some of the simple stuff is ...

Haven't had Tabac for a few months now. The dregs were spread over my Harris Marlboro and they have assimilated…

On of the only products I can't justify getting from MB. $36 just for the refill is a terrible price.

Brush: Boeckhs restored FaceScrubber
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green Original Soap
Razor: Krona TTO
Blade: PSS Iridium
After-shave: Nivea AS Splash

I had two days growth to mow and use a new blade in the Krona which, despite being one of the most mild razors I have ever used, did the job with no fuss.
It was refreshing to go back to the Proraso soap. All things being equal, a nice close shave and two passes took care of most of it.

Soap/Cream: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Coconut (The scent is made of happiness)
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: PSS Iridium (Quite sharp for a 5th shave)
After-shave: Aqua Velva Original Sport (Available in Canada only sorry!)

The TOBS Coconut is one hell of a slick cream IMHO, 2 passes for a DFS+.

I had two days growth to mow and use a new blade in the Krona which, despite being one of the most mild razors I have ever used, did the job with no fuss.

People always rave (me included) about the Krona as the mildest of the mild, and it is, but it really has no trouble getting through stubble with a decent blade. Quite impressive that it's both friendly and capable, and also not ridiculously priced on the second hand market.

Soap/Cream: Taylor Of Old Bond Street -St Jermyn
Razor: Merkur 34C
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2nd shave)
After-shave: Aqua di Parma

Just a quick 1-pass shave this morning as I had an early morning appointment in the city. God bless the Merkur 34C and a quick squeeze of the TOBS into the brush.

Loaded a 7OC Yellow on Monday, second shave today. Lathered up with the fast disappearing Jermyn St & promptly let the claret run free over a bit of a bump.

Doesn't feel as close as normal... little scratchy this afternoon.

Simmo Classic 2. A month into the new one and not even a sniff of a lost hair. not even during the inital clean out. Now I've fuckin jinxed it...

Proraso Red
30C + Feather. Swapped some PSS with Filo. First time I've been able to use Feathers. Will see if they start to bite over the next few days. Thoight they were worth a go, even after being bitten with bad rash time and again with them in previous razors. Thought the 30C might be differnt, it's tamed other harsh blades.

Very happy with this 30C. Had it months now, never really expected it to be as special as it's turned out to be.

Been enjoying the cosy embrace of the Schlicky.
A couple of the usual face-mops and some soaps.

The hard P.160 (Duro? ) is destined for the scrapheap. Just not a good soap IME.

Syd I would like to try it out if you don't mind sending it my way rather than the bin.

Went well with the Feather and 30C. Definite reduction in sharpness from yesterday. Still bloody sharp, but you can feel that keen edge has lost some teeth. They won't last long.

The hard P.160 (Duro? ) is destined for the scrapheap. Just not a good soap IME.

HERETIC!

Burn the witch, burn the witch!

Do I have a ban stick I can get out?

Oh, wait a minute - what is that button I can see ....

Status
Not open for further replies.