What do you have in the post right now?

We understand each other, no matter that Hunny is in Scotland and I am in Sydney.

Have also ordered a few more things - Another pair of bike shorts, a fluoro yellow jersey, and some sunnies for on the bike.

Maybe I am becoming a MAMIL.
Maybe? :cautious:

Beat me to it.

I have some soap from Catties Bubbles on the way:

LPV
Le Marche du Rasage
Boucles Fruite Shaving Soap

Should be here soon I hope.

I have some soap from Catties Bubbles on the way:

LPV
Le Marche du Rasage
Boucles Fruite Shaving Soap

Should be here soon I hope.
I shaved with the LPV today (traded some from @MrT). It's a great soap. The scent pairs very well with L'Occitane Baux.

I shaved with the LPV today (traded some from @MrT). It's a great soap. The scent pairs very well with L'Occitane Baux.
@Mods, can you please delete the above. I thought I had my soap buying under control and this is not helping - actually it feels more like entrapment as Filo is fully aware how much I adore L'Occy's Bavx

@Mods, can you please delete the above. I thought I had my soap buying under control and this is not helping - actually it feels more like entrapment as Filo is fully aware how much I adore L'Occy's Bavx
[emoji6] I had to trade for some. What are you going to do...?

I shaved with the LPV today (traded some from @MrT). It's a great soap. The scent pairs very well with L'Occitane Baux

Sure, happy t0 help.

Got a Topeak Joe Blow MaxII bike pump on its way from Torpedo7. Ended up cheaper than CRC with their Easter Sale and $9 postage.
Topeak Joe Blow pumps are the dog's danglers. Only things that ever go wrong are fixed by the service kit that costs around £4/$6...

We understand each other, no matter that Hunny is in Scotland and I am in Sydney.

Have also ordered a few more things - Another pair of bike shorts, a fluoro yellow jersey, and some sunnies for on the bike.

Maybe I am becoming a MAMIL.
A pair of Endura Xtract shorts just landed here along with an FS260 jersey (in blue)... And I just bought a pair of gloves.

Oh you two guys, we'll have to get you the book

mrmamil-500x500.png

Thanks to @stillshunter for throwing in a sample of Cella to assess which I have received and duly tested. I loaded this soap this morning and proceeded to face lather. A little thin and disappointing. Thanks for your advice below @stillshunter , I loaded a bit more in the brush and then there was lather unstoppable. Thick, great texture, stayed moist the entire shave and the straight just glided across the face and slaughtered the stubble that was there. A fantastic 3 pass and tidy up shave with this soap. SLICK AND SMOOOOTH. An excellent shave soap but I didn't really go for the scent, That sweet scent, and not strong but more a sweet soapy scent, just didn't do it for me (almond'ish/marzipan smell - and I used to like Frangellico and watermelon with ice in the blender - a little bit different I guess).

@stillshunter - Well I thought the Cella might be handy as its purported to be the modern P160 - which I recall you liking. Makes a great lather and is one of my staples....just be sure to load up enough. If the lather isn't great , you haven't loaded enough...that rule is always right. Beauty is it's darn cheap too - you can get 1kg for less than $50 here in Oz....even cheaper OS! Always someone on here keen to go halves or thirds or....anyway makes it an even cheaper proposition.

Thanks to @stillshunter for throwing in a sample of Cella to assess which I have received and duly tested. I loaded this soap this morning and proceeded to face lather. A little thin and disappointing. Thanks for your advice below @stillshunter , I loaded a bit more in the brush and then there was lather unstoppable. Thick, great texture, stayed moist the entire shave and the straight just glided across the face and slaughtered the stubble that was there. A fantastic 3 pass and tidy up shave with this soap. SLICK AND SMOOOOTH. An excellent shave soap but I didn't really go for the scent, That sweet scent, and not strong but more a sweet soapy scent, just didn't do it for me (almond'ish/marzipan smell - and I used to like Frangellico and watermelon with ice in the blender - a little bit different I guess).

@stillshunter - Well I thought the Cella might be handy as its purported to be the modern P160 - which I recall you liking. Makes a great lather and is one of my staples....just be sure to load up enough. If the lather isn't great , you haven't loaded enough...that rule is always right. Beauty is it's darn cheap too - you can get 1kg for less than $50 here in Oz....even cheaper OS! Always someone on here keen to go halves or thirds or....anyway makes it an even cheaper proposition.
Once again my thanks go to @stillshunter for providing this free sampler. It is greatly appreciated.

Just had my second shave with the Cella. Everything I highlighted in this morning's shave is the same for this afternoon. The only issue I see with this soap is I only have 2 shaves left before I'm all out. A fantastic shave soap. The glide while using the straight is a definite plus for this soap. Once again I found the lack of an "in your face" scent disappointing. An absolutely fantastic shave soap with all the qualities you hope to find in a great soap; thick and deep/full lather, superb glide/slickness and great moisture retention in the lather not drying on your face (even here in warm North Queensland). And as @stillshunter has noted, the price is right for a truly top quality soap.

@Question was giving away a tub of cella iirc for the cost of postage.

I have plenty of P160 (Duro & Morbido) in the cupboard......

Temptation is a terrible thing... go on, do your worst!

A pair of Endura Xtract shorts just landed here along with an FS260 jersey (in blue)... And I just bought a pair of gloves.

Nice, the Endura gear is pretty good.

Got eBay cheapies for heading out to the Wylde MTB track (newly built Singletrack 'park' in Western Sydney). Don't care if I come off and wreck them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230868645514
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330857662102
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330917463235

Bought a pair of Fox gloves at a LBS on Sunday, along with a small saddlebag. Enough to fit a multitool, tube & levers in it.

Last edited:
Bought a pair of Fox gloves at a LBS on Sunday, along with a small saddlebag. Enough to fit a multitool, tube & levers in it.

My saddlebag is so small its my jersey (or if too cold - jacket) pocket - pump in there too. A Topeak Pocket Rocket (21cm long). Rest of the tools are in a tool bottle, including a Topeak Rocket Ratchet Lite multitool & chainbreaker - and at least 3 brands of glueless patches (because I've been caught short by an old style vulcanising PRK drying out when I came to actually use it for real) - the hope being that all 3 won't be FUBAR when I need one in anger!

My saddlebag is so small its my jersey (or if too cold - jacket) pocket - pump in there too. A Topeak Pocket Rocket (21cm long). Rest of the tools are in a tool bottle, including a Topeak Rocket Ratchet Lite multitool & chainbreaker - and at least 3 brands of glueless patches (because I've been caught short by an old style vulcanising PRK drying out when I came to actually use it for real) - the hope being that all 3 won't be FUBAR when I need one in anger!
The Saddlebag is really small. I think it is a Scott 'Gazelle' but it seems even smaller than that!

Edit: It's a Turtle Pro - http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-turtle-pro-saddle-bag-2012-p194120

I don't have a pocket pump yet but give it time. Still looking for a tool, being an MTB a chainbreaker is almost a requirement. At this stage looking at the CrankBros 19 function one on CRC.

The patches are a good idea..... since the bag is so small it is probably a better idea to go with glueless patches than a tube. And yeah, I am not a fan of the vulcanising patches either. I must be bad at it because the tube always seems to leak when I do them.

Last edited: