Voskhod - Mostochlegmash's finest blades? From Russia, with love!

(BTW - used my Red Ring today...)

We are all aware how easy these threads can get taken off topic, but I am not too sure that the colour of the ring you used today isn't taking "too much information" a bit too far. :) :)

Then again I suppose I may have misinterpreted the statement.

We are all aware how easy these threads can get taken off topic, but I am not too sure that the colour of the ring you used today isn't taking "too much information" a bit too far. :) :)

Then again I suppose I may have misinterpreted the statement.

Maybe you did, BTW The English Shaving Co has free shipping at the moment, see here.

So back to the question - are these any good and how many cards should I get?

These are pretty good. I'd buy five cards no worries.

Do you want to try some before you buy? I've got heaps and can send you a couple packs.

TSD are out of stock now anyway. The best price I can find are on Shaving.ie for around 16 quid as we don't pay VAT of course.

Last edited:
These are pretty good. I'd buy five cards no worries.

Do you want to try some before you buy? I've got heaps and can send you a couple packs.

TSD are out of stock now anyway. The best price I can find are on Shaving.ie for around 16 quid as we don't pay VAT of course.

TSD are doing a group buy - here - at $US12 per card shipped. I've ordered two cards to try!

Other suppliers have been dumping them and Rapiras etc in retaliation it seems

$12/100 is a reasonable price. The $18/100 that was being charged was simply overpriced.

tempted, but just received 120 Gillette Yellows from the postman, so I think between these and my 100 Perma Sharp Supers, I should be right for a while...

Spyne what are your thoughts on the Gillette Yellows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spyne what are your thoughts on the Gillette Yellows?

I really got into these and bought 100, been using them regularly for months, but all of a sudden they're starting irritate a little bit. Not enough to ditch them, but bump down the preference list.

Yeah I still have five or six packs left. I just have a too good experience with the Voskhods and Gillette black plats.

I really got into these and bought 100, been using them regularly for months, but all of a sudden they're starting irritate a little bit. Not enough to ditch them, but bump down the preference list.
Yes, that is my experience too. They seem to give me a few ingrowns after a while, and leave me slightly irritated after a couple of blades. Great to use as a rotation blade though.

I find the Astra SP do not leave me quite as irritated as the Yellows but do produce some issues. Maybe if I used them more I would get used to it.

Perhaps then this is where the much malogned TM pays off. The SE blades do not allow for anything other than a smooth mow down of the whiskers. Even when getting a little aged in the razor they still perform well and at the same time let you know you are pushing the friendship. Of course ther are places where I will not go with my SE blade - right up under the nose and that little line of whiskers that form right under the bottom lip. And this is where your DE blade of choice and razor of choice comes in. Into the areas of concern, and after the SE shave you will realise you can be far more definitive with the DE a quick run around the rest of the face and there you go. No scraping - no bumps to hit the next time - just a smooth hair removal process as it was meant to be.
Hope this helps the razor burn and bump creator people. Disclaimer I dont change my type of DE blade often as I have a limited selection so maybe I dont have any bad ones - (Always willing to try if anyone wants to send.)

Last edited:
I'm guessing one or two of you ordered from the TSD group buy? If so, has your order turned up yet?

I'm guessing one or two of you ordered from the TSD group buy? If so, has your order turned up yet?

Yes and No. I think that the '6 line addresses' from Australia and Germany got put into the too hard and leave till last box!

I noticed that too, and it confused me as I would struggle to make mine 5 lines.
Road
Suburb
State
Postcode
Australia

I noticed that too, and it confused me as I would struggle to make mine 5 lines.
Road
Suburb
State
Postcode
Australia

+ Name? I didn't understand - maybe check out the package when it arrives!

D'oh!

I just stumbled over there for a quick looksee. I don't know how you* can keep going back there and ykw. I can handle 5 minutes before my mind goes into full rage mode and I want to scream at the screen.

*any non-merkin

Arrrrggghhhh!

/Wanders off to Whirlpool for some cynical wit to calm me down.

Last edited:
D'oh!

I just stumbled over there for a quick looksee. I don't know how you* can keep going back there and ykw. I can handle 5 minutes before my mind goes into full rage mode and I want to scream at the screen.

*any non-merkin

Arrrrggghhhh!

/Wanders off to Whirlpool for some cynical wit to calm me down.

You are talking TSD or B&B?

Shame about the example - although I must do a poll to see if we swirl clockwise or counter closkwise here in the Southern Hemisphere.

Arrived today - four line address and only on the envelope :D

You are talking TSD or B&B?

Shame about the example

This example was TSD, and it was more of a 'God Bless America, you army dudes are AWESOME for protecting us against the tyranny of realistic gasoline prices. GUNS!' type example that set me off, although there had been earlier assistance with similar comments.

Cool that yours arrived, hopefully mine will be here within a week.