Sirius Coffee

I have been venturing down the rabbit hole that is coffee of late, started out with an old Delongi moved to a Breville BES870 and now I picked up something that I think @SpeedyPC might agree with, the ROK. It's a full manual press with no need for fancy electronics
ROK-GC-grinder-_-maker_720x.jpg
Well done. (y) My ROK is the old type that takes quite a bit of extra finessing to get the right results, but I've just put down the extra $50 for the GC conversion kit. You have to hand it to their engineers, they took on board their customers' reservations over the limitations of their system and made a real effort to address them without forcing us to buy a whole new machine. I call that quality work.

Mine is the old style, the GC conversion kit turned up yesterday and will be going on today, the original had cracked and crazed. They are an amazing bit of kit and the engineering is fantastic, with support and updates for 20 year old stuff and still selling them today I rate the company.

I think I have a problem:
1317635553883.jpg

410Km7DEiVL.jpg

61yaRIt3HmL._AC_SL1459_.jpg

images

Breville-Precision-brewer.jpg

71aIr9UlxwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Oh and there is an OG Aeropress and kyocera hand grinder somewhere too.

PS I did try to set consistent widths, but it was beyond me at this time of day.

Last edited:
I think I have a problem:
1317635553883.jpg

410Km7DEiVL.jpg

61yaRIt3HmL._AC_SL1459_.jpg

images

Breville-Precision-brewer.jpg

71aIr9UlxwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Oh and there is an OG Aeropress and kyocera hand grinder somewhere too.

PS I did try to set consistent widths, but it was beyond me at this time of day.
Nah, thats about right. I like the look of the lever machine. I also have a Behmor roaster.

I see no problem there. And my glasses prescription is new.

Edit: nice to see Chemex is still around, I haven't used one of them for 40 years.
I think you need to go back to the opticians, it's a V60 with glass carafe (for work), not a chemex. Maybe I should try one of those too?

Not "Coffee Snobs Yemen" but for less than $25 Kilo delivered for guaranteed fresh roast beans it's a lot better than ColesWorth and many x2 price

AuUjjPw.jpg
On to the 3rd bag now after filling the hopper once with each.
- Brazilian is slightly better for Iced Long Black the with a nice chocolate taste.
- Ethiopian excels in a Late'
- Guatemalan general all rounder.
Coffee has to be of a certain quality before I can stomach as iced long black and all of these are well above that level with very enjoyable and unique flavours.

Reactions: Hos
On to the 3rd bag now after filling the hopper once with each.
- Brazilian is slightly better for Iced Long Black the with a nice chocolate taste.
- Ethiopian excels in a Late'
- Guatemalan general all rounder.
Coffee has to be of a certain quality before I can stomach as iced long black and all of these are well above that level with very enjoyable and unique flavours.
While you're on the last bag, you better start ordering MOAR!!!!!!

Damn, eggbert that's a nice coffee collection. I'm glad I haven't jumped down the espresso rabbit hole...yet. I'm perfectly happy with my pour-overs for daily consumption (famous last words).

Today's beans was the Tuga & Tela natural Ethiopian from b3 Coffee here in Adelaide. A great way to start the morning with a nice balance of stonefruit, black tea and natural sweetness.

jDgjtML.jpg

I've been looking at a Turkish coffee pot lately too (cezve, etc, etc).
But, tell me about roasting green coffee beans. Seems like another rabbit hole I really should check out.
No automatic roaster things please. Keep it simple.
Easy/hard to do?
Worthwhile, or a PITA?

Is this your roast mate?

I've been so happy that Woolies now has Campos beans as that flavour really hits the spot for me.

Any of the beans come close in flavour?
These leave campos in the dust.