Sirius Coffee

I've had some good coffee from one of those. I also have a friend who makes disgusting coffee with hers, but I think that might be malice aforethought. I think she likes her coffee to taste foul. :rolleyes: So maybe there's a learning curve even with those machines... :unsure:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Sometimes its the barista who is bitter and twisted and the malice aforethought comes through in the taste. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Speaking about the love of COFFEE!!!

These are my simple tools for every morning coffee.

And for those who hate coffee paper filter for the Aeropress, make sure you get this as well.

I like your unplugged approach. I had to give up my Synesso and Gaggia machines when I moved here, as the power draw is too much for my off-grid power supply. So if I want espresso, I use the Rok...
...or go with stovetop or briki.

And for those who hate coffee paper filter for the Aeropress, make sure you get this as well.

Pretty much the same as mine but I have a different grinder. I also have a cold-brew set-up. I get my coffee from www.riccacoffee.com.au. I've got a mate who works there and gets mine at a good discount.

hahah, well whilst we're at it, in Syd I've had a few people carry on about 'white horse' coffee.

Well, 1 - lucky I bought the 250g pack.

Best way to explain it, you know when someone might accidentally spill International Roast on the carpet at work? Then they use those paper towels to soak it up?

Imagine then someone rung out that paper towel into your cup. That is what white-horse tastes like.

My second full-time job, I started as the accountant/manager, I upgraded the staff room coffee from International Roast to Moccona - instant hero!

I like your unplugged approach. I had to give up my Synesso and Gaggia machines when I moved here, as the power draw is too much for my off-grid power supply. So if I want espresso, I use the Rok...

...or go with stovetop or briki.

Very timely you "Giant Lemons" I have been considering what to buy for work where we are not allowed our own coffee machine but do have a café on the ground floor and tossing up between NanoPress and AeroPress. The Rok is too good for work ;)

My second full-time job, I started as the accountant/manager, I upgraded the staff room coffee from International Roast to Moccona - instant hero!
Imagine if you got them real coffee promoted to GM

Breville BES870 with built in grinder here. Simple and functional with manual control of milk frothing and just needs the grind and amount tweaking.
Once you get this right its a perfect machine.

Breville BES870 with built in grinder here. Simple and functional with manual control of milk frothing and just needs the grind and amount tweaking.
Bloody HUGE and BULKY...... MILK who need BS milk in coffee, I prefer STRAIGHT black without sugar.

...I prefer STRAIGHT black without sugar.
Again I'm in agreement. (y) But I don't waste my whisky in coffee either. Better to keep my vices separate. :whistle:
Very timely you "Giant Lemons" I have been considering what to buy for work where we are not allowed our own coffee machine but do have a café on the ground floor and tossing up between NanoPress and AeroPress. The Rok is too good for work ;)
The Rok is also quite a lot of work to get it right. I find it works best when I pay attention to getting everything hot, and the grind/tamp have to be just right. I've found a good compromise for work is my stainless Avanti plunger. I won't use a glass plunger machine, they're too damn dangerous. With a decent amount of coffee grounds in them, they have a tendency to explode. :(

Last edited:

This is one of the most popular machines out there and for good reason! It was a toss up between this and the machine I got.

I opted for 1 step further in laziness and having automatic milk and coffee with 1 press of a button :)

(Jokes aside, it was a bit pointless as I drink long blacks primarily or Turkish Coffee on the stove)

@Mark1966 go easy on Maccona coffee, it's the best of the freeze dried stuff for me! I would have made you CEO.

@SpeedyPC - if you think the Breville is bulky, have I got a 'small' treat for you... here is my machine - she's a BIG girl.

Delonghi-ECAM35055B-Dinamica-Coffee-Machine-Hero-Image-standard.png

Bloody BS foamy milk. straight black is the best to taste REAL coffee flavor without the BS sugar

Correct. I literally just finished my (1st cup) of a Long Black coffee.

Some cafes make the coffee too bloody hot so I ask for a literal 'splash' of cold milk

As for the frothy milk, the Mrs and guests like a milky coffee, so it's handy to have

Last edited:
I have been venturing down the rabbit hole that is coffee of late, started out with an old Delongi moved to a Breville BES870 and now I picked up something that I think @SpeedyPC might agree with, the ROK. It's a full manual press with no need for fancy electronics
ROK-GC-grinder-_-maker_720x.jpg

Last edited: