Sirius Coffee

Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Not "Coffee Snobs Yemen" but for less than $25 Kilo delivered for guaranteed fresh roast beans it's a lot better than ColesWorth and many x2 price

AuUjjPw.jpg

Not "Coffee Snobs Yemen" but for less than $25 Kilo delivered for guaranteed fresh roast beans it's a lot better than ColesWorth and many x2 price
...and, for reference, Coffee Snobs will roast Hamasil Village (Yemen) for you for $56/kg. (Green beans are $39.80, and I've no idea what their stock levels are. They sold out of the Mocha Ismaili a while ago, fortunately after I managed to obtain a reasonable stash.) Ethiopians are IMO the very next best thing to Yemen, and yours seems to be at a good price.

Reactions: Hos
...and, for reference, Coffee Snobs will roast Hamasil Village (Yemen) for you for $56/kg. (Green beans are $39.80, and I've no idea what their stock levels are. They sold out of the Mocha Ismaili a while ago, fortunately after I managed to obtain a reasonable stash.) Ethiopians are IMO the very next best thing to Yemen, and yours seems to be at a good price.
Cheers @Gargravarr I might have to start roasting my own as you do. The savings are there and the smell must be amazing. I am too much of a miser to be a true coffee snob

I cannot imagine how long it would take me to get through 3kg of beans, well beyond their 'best before' date I'd suggest!

I cannot imagine how long it would take me to get through 3kg of beans, well beyond their 'best before' date I'd suggest!
The good thing about buying green beans is that they keep for 3 years or more (if you vac-pack them, expect much more) so you need roast only as much as you need for the week. Lots of people like to get a bit of age on roasted beans too, though in the order of months rather than years.

Is this your roast mate?

I've been so happy that Woolies now has Campos beans as that flavour really hits the spot for me.

Any of the beans come close in flavour?

Was just given a bag of green beans to have a go with. Anyone got tips, I'm planning the bread make/heat gun approach.

Label on beans says China Mt Gaoliong

Is this your roast mate?

I've been so happy that Woolies now has Campos beans as that flavour really hits the spot for me.

Any of the beans come close in flavour?

I've only had Campos in a Cafe and it was a dark roast. I notice Woolworths stock Campos Premium blend so probably Sirius Mix'n'Match Coffee Option 2: Sirius Classic Medium Roast & Sirius Estrela Brazilian

I cannot speak for Campos but most of the ColesWorth coffee beans are stale in comparison because they have sat in warehouses and stood on shelves for many months, if not years. Which is really noticeable by the lack of oil when ground, and they are not cheap unless you get 1/2 price.

If you want quality blends and single origin try some of Coffee Snobs offerings or Coffee for Connoisseurs

Was just given a bag of green beans to have a go with. Anyone got tips, I'm planning the bread make/heat gun approach.

Label on beans says China Mt Gaoliong
Also heard a Wok is how they roast beans in Indonesia and a Popcorn Machine will also work

Also worth considering is Ministry Grounds. I've had some good swaps with products from there. And I've just put in an order for a couple of kilos of Yemen Mocha Matari from them. This is the kind of coffee that works for me. I never use milk or sugar, and I like a coffee that stands up to espresso, briki, stovetop and plunger methods.
I used to use Ministry Grounds for my Green Beans. Always a great selection. They were local to me in the Blue Mountains before selling to the new owner in the ACT. I always liked picking up my order from the tubs out front of the ministers house.

Recently I've been buying my coffee from https://airjo.com/. Express shipping is free and they often have discount coupon available which you can find on OzBargain.

I'll be trying some of the recommendation in this thread.

Recently I've been buying my coffee from https://airjo.com/. Express shipping is free and they often have discount coupon available which you can find on OzBargain.

I'll be trying some of the recommendation in this thread.
Cheers @Hos which blends do you recommend from Airjo?

Reactions: Hos