Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
meMRrcA.png

DSCosmetics S9 Brass .86 gap / Wizamet / Opal Butterscotch Bakelite 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Blue Devil Sandalwood Tallow Shaving Soap / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / OSP Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

Thanks, I've tried a few of those (or variations thereof), and I guess a few extra palm lathers definitely wouldn't hurt. I'm not really too fussed about it though. I think the best way might be to "just use it" and enjoy the process.

meMRrcA.png

DSCosmetics S9 Brass .86 gap / Wizamet / Opal Butterscotch Bakelite 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Blue Devil Sandalwood Tallow Shaving Soap / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / OSP Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Whenever I see the Lucky Tiger aftershave, the first thing that comes to mind is "Tiger Balm", and I shudder at the thought of putting that on my face at any time, especially straight after a shave! I then have to remind myself that it's a very different product. ;) It looks like it's good stuff, so I might have to give it a try one day.

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

Whenever I see the Lucky Tiger aftershave, the first thing that comes to mind is "Tiger Balm", and I shudder at the thought of putting that on my face at any time, especially straight after a shave! I then have to remind myself that it's a very different product. ;) It looks like it's good stuff, so I might have to give it a try one day.
I find it more soothing than most aftershaves.

52611653556_fbd66f2af5_c.jpg

Brush: Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Atomic Holiday

Nice refreshing scent, will be part of my regular summer rotation
Is it just me or does this soap scent remind you of like a pineapple crush soda/drink. That's what I am getting off the puck. I haven't used it yet though and I wouldn't say that I have quite the sophisticated nose for scents as many others here.

Same again - 10 Hrs later and still DFS+ hardly a bristle to touch
Made some pigeon hole (cube) shelving for the bathroom - good spot to store next SOTD in rotation

ki9RS4F.png

Pre-shave:- TOBS Jermyn St
Brush:- Epsilon LE 2015 30mm Brown Horse
Soap:- TOBS Jermyn St
Razor:- H&S No75 Hybrid - Stainless steel with black hardcoat aluminium base plate
Blade:- Nacet (2)
Str8:- Solingen 5/8 Best Quality Silver Steel
Aftershave:- TOBS Jermyn St

Same again - 10 Hrs later and still DFS+ hardly a bristle to touch
Made some pigeon hole (cube) shelving for the bathroom - good spot to store next SOTD in rotation

ki9RS4F.png

Pre-shave:- TOBS Jermyn St
Brush:- Epsilon LE 2015 30mm Brown Horse
Soap:- TOBS Jermyn St
Razor:- H&S No75 Hybrid - Stainless steel with black hardcoat aluminium base plate
Blade:- Nacet (2)
Str8:- Solingen 5/8 Best Quality Silver Steel
Aftershave:- TOBS Jermyn St
Are you killing off your Jermyn St now? :LOL:

Will stock up before the end (y) need a few sensitive sets for this time of year and Jermyn St is one of my favourites
I used to think likewise until I discovered Castle Forbes. Though admittedly, CF is nearly twice as expensive... :unsure: TOBS is certainly great value.

Happy belated New Year beautiful people!

Pre shave: hardly anything.
Soap: OSP Bay Rum
Brush: Vulfix VS 1 or Cyril R Salter (the jury is still out on this one)
Razor: Tückmar Welt Ruf
After Shave: Captain's Choice Bay Rum

Esp. on BST (y) was very tempted to get some CW or Dr Harris at Pasteurs new year 25% off sale but they didnt have the splash in stock - maybe next year
You might find that after you've paid for postage you might as well have ordered through Mensbiz. Though here's a funny thing, I wanted a stick of DRH Windsor for travelling last December when I was making my pre-sabbatical top-ups but had to settle for a tube of the cream (which I haven't tried). Needless to say, there's plenty of stock now. :rolleyes:

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Mühle Birchbark Rocca
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: Penghaligon's Halfeti

Very nice ...

yQ4370bl.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Piacenza
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SB Polished / GSB #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

Status
Not open for further replies.