Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
3cAbRa4.png

Charcoal Goods Everyday / Nacet / AP Shave Co. 26mm G5C / CF ‌Santa Paula Citrus ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ / Fine Italian Citrus AS

It sounds like you've tried a lot of things. Have you possibly tried to load your brush from a bar of cheap pears glycerin soap and then palm lathering it a few times a week. I guess its a bit of work and could be annoying but it might work.
I would probably leave some soap on it for a bit and let it soak in and then rinse it out in cold water after 30mins, following it up by shaking out the water and then rub it dry against a dry towel.
All this is speculative though. I suppose it is as close to simulating a shave without actually shaving more than anything else but whether or not one would actually bother going to those lengths I am not sure. I do recall using my Semogue as a shampoo brush in the shower for a long while to try break it in. :ROFLMAO:

It's definitely a neat looking brush. I used a boar brush for my last shave and it never fails to impress. I think you have inspired me to use another boar brush for my next shave. (y)
Thanks, I've tried a few of those (or variations thereof), and I guess a few extra palm lathers definitely wouldn't hurt. I'm not really too fussed about it though. I think the best way might be to "just use it" and enjoy the process.

Get rid of this sh 💩 t, start using my famous aftershave recipes and your skin will love you...... Don't believe me, asked the guys, because, they love me 😚

T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Sure, I'll give it a go. The Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm isn't fancy, but it's cheap, works well and the ingredient list compares favourably with more expensive balms.

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" Ω piggy-wig
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

... again.

SOTD – WED 4 JAN 2023

SOTD-20230104-setup.png

THE GEAR:

• Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave cream
  • Brush: ShaveXDave “Bluey Boar” with 26 Yaqi HD Boar [A]
  • Soap: Squadron Soaps - SweetHeart [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Karve AL OverLander
  • Blade: Docro Prime HQ (1)
  • Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & Tea-tree oil
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
  • After Shave: Dana English Leather AS
  • Moisturiser: Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser for Men [A]
[A] = Australian Made

Mild and sharp was the order of the day and that was achieved with H&S No75 and a Nacet
Was going for a straight trifecta but too slow posting and JustUncleL beat me with his Sweetheart and Bluey Boar

Z9SjUoN.jpg

Pre-shave:- TOBS Jermyn St
Brush:- Epsilon LE 2015 30mm Brown Horse
Soap:- TOBS Jermyn St
Razor:- H&S No75 Hybrid - Stainless steel with black hardcoat aluminium base plate
Blade:- Nacet (1)
Str8:- Solingen 5/8 Best Quality Silver Steel
Aftershave:- TOBS Jermyn St

Only one small patch of razor burn/rash left and to think when I first started thought razor burn and rashes were the norm and to be expected

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue Special Edition 2013 Silvertip 24/48mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Piacenza
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SB Polished / GSB #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme
Tonight Tipple:-

NwnnFMQ.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: APR / Squadron Soaps Australians All shaving soap
Razor: Mühle Birchbark Rocca
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: APR / Squadron Soaps Australians All splash
Fragrance: N/A

Really noticing the menthol this morning! Nice

ZYvkKy7l.jpg

PXL-20230105-204352081-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" Ω piggy-wig
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Yaqi Raster/Excalibur V3
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

Another great shave from this little bargain-basement razor (y)

Pre-shave: Proraso green Crema Pre Barba
Brush: Beard and Blade Stubby Synthetic
Cream: Proraso green Sapone Da Barba
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (5)
Post-shave: Alum block, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Brut Original

ZT9o6QZ.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue 1305 Boar
Soap: Stirling 'Ramblin' Man'
Straight Razor: Filarmonica Novodur 12 (5/8)
DE/Blade: Karve CB (F plate). Nacet(2)
Post-shave: Alum block, Mont Blanc 'Explorer'
First shave with the little Fili I received a week or so back. It sure is pretty. Gave it a 1K/3K/8K/12K progression, was pretty happy with the result but probably
could be improved a little. The Karve felt like it had no blade in it when doing a quick touch up pass. Both shaves and honing are slowly progressing.
Best wishes to all for the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.