Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
ID1DZxQl.jpg

Soap: Squadron Empire
Brush: Bernard
Razor: Jowika 8254
Squadron Empire - Very nice. I pulled this razor out for my Thursday morning travel shave and it was so blunt it got sidelined and I shaved with a cart that's been fanging around in my suitcase for the last decade. I actually got a pretty decent shave, and it's OK isn't it, @Mark1966 says it's OK to travel with carts??!! So no SOTD for Thursday.
The Jowika got a damn good talking to on the stones last night to ensure it was in suitable state to meet Empire today.
Lovely shave.

Perfectly acceptable on the road mate, at home, well ...

New brush shave!

Soap. Squadron Empire
After-shave. Squadron Empire
Razor. Gillette 1958 Toggle
Blade. Polsilver
Brush. Vie-long barbershop horse hair 24mm

This brush feels awesome. The perfect combo of softness and scritch. Has 35%Maine/65% tail hair. Big loft but good backbone, not floppy at all. Slight funk but not over powering. This I feel will be a favourite go to brush. Splay not fan like but used in a more paint like fashion anyway. Good shave

New brush shave!

Soap. Squadron Empire
After-shave. Squadron Empire
Razor. Gillette 1958 Toggle
Blade. Polsilver
Brush. Vie-long barbershop horse hair 24mm

This brush feels awesome. The perfect combo of softness and scritch. Has 35%Maine/65% tail hair. Big loft but good backbone, not floppy at all. Slight funk but not over powering. This I feel will be a favourite go to brush. Splay not fan like but used in a more paint like fashion anyway. Good shave
Agreed! I also love this brush. Nice SOTD.

Different strokes, I guess, but I can't say I really understand the logic of using carts to travel. Unless you're on a cycling holiday, and a 100g difference in weight is a deal-breaker? :unsure:

When I used to travel ...

Most of my domestic trips were only overnight or a couple of nights so I only took carry on - thus carts became required. Mind you, I did obsess about weight a little and well and because I was carrying it all did try to shave weight as much as possible.

Of course once you have your 'travel kit' sitting there ready you just grab it for longer trips when you have checked bags.

It also makes coming home soooooo much nicer too ...

Saturday Shower & Str8 Shave
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Semogue - Excelsior 1470 Boar Brush
Soap:- Stirling - Arkadia
Razor:- Dorko 424
Aftershave:- Stirling - Arkadia

n5YogAu.jpg

Got out the stones including new Kitayama 8000 grit Japanese Whetstone and went to work on a few str8s then took the little Dorko from @Blackie for a spin.
After the 8/8 cleaver this razor was nimble and provided a nice smooth and consistent shave
Thanks @Blackie, I feel I owe you a few more blades or another soap for this one

Saturday Shower & Str8 Shave
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Semogue - Excelsior 1470 Boar Brush
Soap:- Stirling - Arkadia
Razor:- Dorko 424
Aftershave:- Stirling - Arkadia

n5YogAu.jpg

Got out the stones including new Kitayama 8000 grit Japanese Whetstone and went to work on a few str8s then took the little Dorko from @Blackie for a spin.
After the 8/8 cleaver this razor was nimble and provided a nice smooth and consistent shave
Thanks @Blackie, I feel I owe you a few more blades or another soap for this one
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That shave station background just keeps getting bigger and more sophisticated. (y) How are you finding the Kitayama? What’s the Arkadia like?

IMG-20201031-184241.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm tuxedo
Razor: Rocca V4 R96 :cool:
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridiums (13)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Honey Ale
Pre: Shower
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion & Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, XTG, ATG = DFS+

First shave with the new R96 and at first I thought maybe I was sent a V2 instead as it felt somewhat harsh XTG. The rest of the shave was smoth enough leading me to think the blade is nearing its use by date but I'm prepared to persevere for the sake of wet shaving science as I've pushed the SI beyond 15 shaves before.

The razor felt great in the hand and I'm growing on the black finish but if I'm honest I prefer the all SS finish of the R94. It was nice to use this soap again as it smells lovely and performs well... Happy shaves!

F4LbbqP.jpg

Saturday‌ ‌10.31.20 ‌SOTD‌
I‌ ‌Provenzali‌ ‌Olive‌ ‌Oil‌ ‌Artisan‌ ‌Bar‌ ‌Soap‌
‌Gillette ‘48 Aristocrat
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi R1730 Sagarda Familia Tuxedo
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌
Barrister‌ ‌And‌ ‌Mann‌ Cheshire‌ ‌Aftershave‌

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That shave station background just keeps getting bigger and more sophisticated. (y) How are you finding the Kitayama? What’s the Arkadia like?
Hi @Pbgoose as a learner I do not have a lot to compare to but the Kityama did the job effortlessly, made a beginner like me look good. Nice width that can take the length of most blades and soft enough to remove metal. The Arkadia starts off with that sweet orange citrus scent that makes your fingers sticky, then turns floral and dries to a nice warm woody spice that I really enjoy. Out of all in the den this one really takes your nose on a journey as it transitions through the different stages

"This scent has top notes of Orange and Grapefruit, middle notes of Black Pepper and Pelargonium (Geranium), and base notes of Patchouli, Cedar, Vetiver, and Vanilla. It's elegant, grassy, and amazingly provocative. Inspired by Terre d'Hermes (Fragrance Oil)"

Status
Not open for further replies.