Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for it @Razor Burn push the Wizamet blade as far as you can achieve with your Rocca, don't forget to keep your lather nice and slick throughout the whole shave.
I'm noticing it doesn't shave as forgiving when used in other razors as my neck area feels kinda raw but I'm willing to make sacrifices in the name of wet shaving science! :X3:

nothing like a rocca hey :)
I can't wait long enough for the R95 to arrive as the recent shaves using the competition have been smooth, close but also left my neck area slightly raw and I haven't changed my methods and using good soaps...? :unsure:

For whatever reason the Rocca just hits those sweet spots with ease!!! :nailbiting:

I can't wait long enough for the R95 to arrive as the recent shaves using the competition have been smooth, close but also left my neck area slightly raw and I haven't changed my methods and using good soaps...? :unsure:

For whatever reason the Rocca just hits those sweet spots with ease!!! :nailbiting:

Mine has been shipped from Spain last night :)

where is @tim33z with his inaugural rocca shave?

50538523311_9757b914e4_c.jpg

Maggard 24mm SHD
Karve Brass SB-C
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Barrister and Mann - Behold the Whatsis
Nivea Balm
Acqua Di Parma - Colonia Assoluta (scentsamples.com.au)

WXDc2lDl.jpg

First impressions of the Mühle Rocca R94:

When the blade is loaded in the razor, it looks semi aggressive with obvious positive blade exposure and a decent enough gap. But when the razor strikes the skin, it is buttery smooth. Good audible feedback let’s you know the angle is right, but the angle sweet spot is rather large regardless. It’s a nice sound that none of my other razors provide.
The feel of the razor on the face is top quality.
The weight is pretty much spot on and the handle very easy to keep a good hold of.

Three passes and it’s a lot closer than 6s plate 3, Karve C or D, Ali lupo, and border line with the Gamechanger. The alum says it’s close, especially on the chin, but 30mins later it just feels like a great shave.

Some compare it to the 3one6. To me, this feels nicer on my skin and less aggressive for a slightly better result.

Mine has been shipped from Spain last night :)

where is @tim33z with his inaugural rocca shave?
Wow that's quick! Connaught shaving took a few days to process my order via evilbay and it appears the parcel is waiting to depart the UK as they struggle finding an available plane... :(

WXDc2lDl.jpg

When the blade is loaded in the razor, it looks semi aggressive with obvious positive blade exposure and a decent enough gap. But when the razor strikes the skin, it is buttery smooth. Good audible feedback let’s you know the angle is right, but the angle sweet spot is rather large regardless. It’s a nice sound that none of my other razors provide.
The weight is pretty much spot on and the handle very easy to keep a good hold of.

Three passes and it’s a lot closer than 6s plate 3, Karve C or D, Ali lupo, and border line with the Gamechanger. The alum says it’s close, especially on the chin, but 30mins later it just feels like a great shave.

Some compare it to the 3one6. To me, this feels nicer on my skin and less aggressive for a slightly better result.

Awesome summary mate! (y)

On that recommendation I might let the 3one6 pass as I already own too many razors that match its description.

WXDc2lDl.jpg

good to hear you enjoyed it, what blade did you try?

Wow that's quick! Connaught shaving took a few days to process my order via evilbay and it appears the parcel is waiting to depart the UK as they struggle finding an available plane... :(
Yeah, they do that.
Mine is still 'leaving' UK, but has actually reached Auckland (Dorkland) already. As you can tell we South Islanders (otherwise called the 'Mainland') give the Aucklanders (Dorklanders) a bit of stick.
Anyway, try putting your tracking number into Aus Post and it may show up there.

Yeah, they do that.
Mine is still 'leaving' UK, but has actually reached Auckland (Dorkland) already. As you can tell we South Islanders (otherwise called the 'Mainland') give the Aucklanders (Dorklanders) a bit of stick.
Anyway, try putting your tracking number into Aus Post and it may show up there.
I'll follow your suggestion as UK Royal, Auspost & 17track are all showing it: Cleared and awaiting international departure 2020-10-27 06:42

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming and Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca Birch Bark Handle
Blade: Polsiver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: L&L Grooming and Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere splash
Fragrance: N/A

Still cold, bleak, damp here in CBR - wife has insisted that the heating go back on!

Gx1QRPjl.jpg

SOTW is a good thing - gets you really in touch with your kit IMHO

Yep, as mentioned before a great way to learn your kit and hone your technic..

day.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls & Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Karve Brass SB (D plate) + WCS brass MR5 style handle
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridiums (10)
Soap: Tabula Rasa Dezember
Pre: Shower
Post: Old Spice splash // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
WTG, XTG, ATG = DFS+

A surprisingly enjoyable shave but.... A level down from my favourite 3 razors. :(
Good Health & Happy Shave's!!!

But how good is that Tabula soap.

Mitchell's bath soap
Plissoft
Speick cream
34c + Astra Green.. 3
Proraso sandalwood splash
Watched by a pair of King Parrots on the window sill,looking in.
No photos, it didn't happen :joyful: King parrots my arse. Likely a magpie looking for a feed.

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Hamami
Razor: GC-JAWS
Blade: Croc chomper (1)
Bowl: Rover (Artisan Arcade)
Post-shave: Shower

Hospital washrooms don't give you a lot of space to spread your gear out, but I've managed with worse. It's been a while since I used a Nacet with this razor; they used to be my favorite, but I think that might now be the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow. Mrs Gargravarr packed my washbag. I think she wants me to use up the Hamami away from home...
Mate, you are unwell and bit. No need for a shave in the looney asylum. Rest well!

Yep, as mentioned before a great way to learn your kit and hone your technic..

But how good is that Tabula soap.

No photos, it didn't happen :joyful: King parrots my arse. Likely a magpie looking for a feed.

Mate, you are unwell and bit. No need for a shave in the looney asylum. Rest well!
Yeah @mark123abc0 put me onto Tabula Rasa and its more a cream than a hard soap so I've made a big dent into it.
Performs well and I like the spicy scent from Dezember. I believe I got it from mensbiz???

Status
Not open for further replies.