IMG-20191227-113307.jpg

Brush: RR boar
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (3)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Declaration Grooming (Chatillon Lux_ Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // MO by Blue Stratos cologne spray

A truly fantastic near BBS with what could easily be my favourite setup for 2019. The Dart when paired with the Rubie shaves smoothly and efficiently , removing the blade feel allowing for a trouble free and enjoyable shave. Not much to add regarding the soap: lovely scent with top notch performance and I look forward to grabbing a tub of milksteak formula once it returns to stock in 2020. Only let down would be the lack of an adequate post shave option but all in all a fantastic shave!!! Happy shaves :)

Brush:yaqi synth
Razor: Gillette rocket hd
Soap: proraso green
Frag: festivus
Been on this setup since Christmas day.after all the talk on the forum I grabbed some german wilkies to try. So far they seem fairly sharp and smooth but strangely inefficient just not getting as close as I'm used to .I will try them in the 6s next and see how they feel in it.

VPrBWko.jpg

Season's greetings from KL. Packed the Passione for the trip, for what it's worth in my view matches the climate very well.
Derby Extra
Rex Envoy
Yaqi Cola
APR Passione Soap/Splash/EDT

Had to source some blades, concierge guided me to a nearby Indian convenience store, the owner pulled out the Derby's as soon as explained what I wanted. I noticed he had some other boxes of blades there and queried if Derby's were the sharpest he had - he assured me they were. Can't say I'm that impressed. Will head to Brickfields in the next couple of days to source some better blades, as well as check out what's on offer on the soap/scent front.

View from the hotel.
YllXB9f.jpg

beard of > 2 days
machine: Timeless oc 0.95 scalloped + UFO Goliath prototype
blade: Astra green
Brush: Dough Corn + Nathan Clark envy white
soap: Los jabones de Joserra "Blas de Lezo" Limited edition for Spanish shavers
splash: Los jabones de Joserra "Blas de Lezo" Limited edition for Spanish shavers

T5zdirp.jpg

Every day I use Astra green I became more and more disappointed with them :(
cheers mates

My problem with Prague the last couple of times I was there, I couldn't walk, because too many tourists...

Don't get me wrong, Vienna is a nightmare as well these days, but Prague is a whole different level :(

Yep, stacks of people here last night. The problem is the 'packs' - the tour groups with no idea or awareness ...

beard of > 2 days
machine: Timeless oc 0.95 scalloped + UFO Goliath prototype
blade: Astra green
Brush: Dough Corn + Nathan Clark envy white
soap: Los jabones de Joserra "Blas de Lezo" Limited edition for Spanish shavers
splash: Los jabones de Joserra "Blas de Lezo" Limited edition for Spanish shavers

T5zdirp.jpg

Every day I use Astra green I became more and more disappointed with them :(
cheers mates
Could you please subscribe the scent from the soap and lather quality?

Could you please subscribe the scent from the soap and lather quality?

Sure. The the scents notes are tobacco, Leather, Whiskey and smoke. On nose, it remain me licorice at first. The lather was pretty good. It was my first use of this soap-artisan, so I try to over-wet the lather. It was pretty good. The only problem for a perfect shave were the Astra green, that are the only blades I brought with me. I'll have to get some others from G&C sure.
You can get more thoughts from Ruds's videos (other scents):

Pre-shave: Hot shower and Nivea Deep Charcoal face wash
Brush: Boeckh's Vintage Badger Rubber Set
Soap/Cream: Proraso Azure Lime
Razor: Merkur 34C HD (thanks @tim33z )
Blade: Gillette White Platinum
Aftershave/Cologne: Michael Germain Sexual
Shaving bowl: Muhle Black and Gold Porcelain
Music: Tenacious D - Tribute
What a perfect combination. The Plat and the Merkur went together perfectly. The glide from the Proraso Azure Lime was superb. I did a double pass and achieved BBS with little effort.

Date:- 27 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Barbershop
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R89 attached to iKon Bulldog / Wizamet Super Iridium #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Views from the South Tower of St Vitus Cathedral, 287 steps up, -

hUDsGf1l.jpg
Y2LtXoAl.jpg

One of their cool old trams (Cold War era?) on the way to the Castle area -

u1W1Rcel.jpg

(Seriously - get up early and be there when they open at 9am to avoid huge crowds and queues)

Even a sort of shaving related photo -

1yH8a5Rl.jpg

Something that might even tempt @alfredus to come back here -

RHshMTMl.jpg

Been greatly enjoying the pictures Mark. Some stunning sites and buildings and a ton of history lurks deeply behind it all, I've never been OS.

Prague is such a delight. It’s been a few years. The locals are friendly, everything’s walkable and relatively safe. Reminded me of Munich in vibe.
They don’t allow Segway’s now but it was fantastic way to find your bearings.

... and as for the wolfman shave of the day, I have a very light hand. It was literally I did too many strokes experimenting with angles etc...

Blackland Blackbird - in a word, superlative.

Took a few strokes to get more confident with this one. Very, very light pressure. And a very keen blade feel, especially with a feather. Almost as keen a blade feel as a straight blade at the barber.

Very, very efficient. Not quite used to the angled rather than a curved top. But very intuitive.

I like this. Minimal razor burn. Shaved close, efficiently and once the first coarse stubble pass was over, was a delight to use. Demands due care and attention. I can imagine the blackbird can bite with a feather blade.

A very appreciative thank you to Dan @ APR for letting this go.

i-JtPpXQb-X3.jpg

ACPzvRI.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Reef Point - Submariner
Razor: GC-84P
Blade: Feather (5)
Post-shave: Reef Point - Submariner
Really happy the GC-84P and Feather combination is still delivering a very close DFS after 5 shaves.
Efficient enough to stop after 1 pass, but I really struggle with wasted lather, hence why I do not load heavily
Some irritation earlier in the week may have come from the soap and not the blade/razor combo.

It's a damn shame Reef Point stopped producing commercially, they had some exceptional product that keep giving all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.