Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 30/12/2019
QXYGsCdh.jpg

Reinforcement were not going to be sufficient for this battle. Kylo Ren was forced to admit he was outmatched by Master Badger, Merkur 30C and the Artemisians. The Force was indeed with Pb Spiced Orange..........today, but could it be turned?

Sorry guys - Lego featured again this Christmas, hey it keeps 'em of PS4 for a while.

Soap: Pb Spiced Orange
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: Merkur 30C
Blade: Feather (2) shimmed
AS: Pb Artemisia

Brush: RR boar
Razor: RR Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (5)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (6)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk

Wishing you all a safe and prosperous 2020. Looking forward to seeing what the P&C vendors/artisans/hobbyist come up with next year and if its anything near the quality of 2019, I'm certain it will be amazing!!! (y)(y)(y)

machine: timeless 0.95 OC scalloped + UFO Goliath prototype
blade: Astra green
brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac
soap: Lea Shave stick
splash: Myrsol plastic shave

YPOAE68.jpg

First use of Lea sticks. it is a budget brand. It is quite fast for making some 'foamy' lather and smells clean laundry soap. Certainly an usable product but not for getting luxury lather.I would say it is below la Toja, but still a reasonably cheap product (< 2 euro for 50 gram of soap) suitable for carry-on luggage or to get a couplet forgotten somewhere until they became NOS sticks. I may check the hard pucks too.
cheers

Date:- 30 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

S3fxoyF.jpg

Varlet Mega
Weber PH + Uf0
Feather
Declaration Icarus
Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse

After the discussion of Shawns win, I thought it was definitely fitting to give it an outing. I have given the bottle a fair nudge but I did buy 3 just in case.

Greetings from Berlin!

Despite an abject fail for AirBNB we have had a good first day in a very interesting city.

Saw some of the Wall -

OgTfhQlm.jpg

Visited the Reichstag Dome -

EE16dy9m.jpg
38GFwQlm.jpg
HfcMnUEm.jpg

Finished off with a beer with the family -

xVT15Wrm.jpg

If you are ever in Berlin, do one of these tour too - https://www.berliner-unterwelten.de/

Happy New Year all!

Greetings from Berlin!

Despite an abject fail for AirBNB we have had a good first day in a very interesting city.

Saw some of the Wall -

OgTfhQlm.jpg

Visited the Reichstag Dome -

EE16dy9m.jpg
38GFwQlm.jpg
HfcMnUEm.jpg

Finished off with a beer with the family -

xVT15Wrm.jpg

If you are ever in Berlin, do one of these tour too - https://www.berliner-unterwelten.de/

Happy New Year all!
Loving the trip updates Mark!
But what the hell is with those mini beers?? This one is bigger 🍺

Mesha’s Barber Shop
Straight - shavette
A bew blade - blunt as old Harry
Canned Shaving cream
Alum Bar

Headed to Brickfields (Little India) in KL and decided to have a shave from Mesha’s Barbers Shop. Had high hopes of a sterling shave. Let’s just say I was disappointed - the shavette straight they were using must have been loaded with the bluntest blade I have ever felt on my face which was cut in several places and I was left with a less than DFS finish from 2 WTG passes. Won’t be repeating the experience.

Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Brush: Omega 10048
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post-shave: Alum block, Witch hazel, Bulldog original aftershave balm, B&M Reserve Spice
Hair Tonic: Eau de Quinine

Great shave with the Krona, a very underrated or perhaps underutilized razor!

machine: Timeless 0.95 oc scalloped + UFO Goliath prototype
blade: Astra green
brush: Doug Korn + Nathan Clarl Envy White
soap: APR Fougere trois
splash: APR Fougere trois
EdP: APR Fougere trois

Xpyrdh7.jpg

most likely to be my last shave of 2019!!

cheers! (you will pass 2019 much earlier than me :) )

ps @SpeedyPC Ruds have reviewd Blas de Lezo...

Oh man I still want to get me a real pony brush...Drool, what's your thoughts on that brush Pb

I do like this horse brush, though I'm not sure whether I'd recommend it to you. You have to be a little careful not to damage the knot due to its loft. Don't let me put you off though, it's been a consistent performer for me. I think my favourite 100% horse hair brush I own is the Vie Long Black Horse American Barber Style. You can purchase these from Mens Biz. It's only a small knot but performs very nicely. Nice amount of scritch.

I'd be inclined to point you towards the Vie Long Horse/Badger for starters. I really like that brush and it's the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.