Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
zAPZY9cl.jpg

Soap: Pb No: 35
Brush: Epsilon Horse
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Kai (3)
Found a new home for the Kai blade. Really nice shave off this combo. Enjoyed the Epsilon this morning as well despite it being a lather hog.:)

j85qC3l.jpg

Paladin Atlas
WR2
Feather
SW Valley Of Ashes /r/Wetshaving LE

Superb vegan base, non alcohol based splash. If you have not checked SW range I encourage you do to so!

j85qC3l.jpg

Paladin Atlas
WR2
Feather

Superb vegan base, non alcohol based splash. If you have not checked SW range I encourage you do to so!

Wicked!

Imagine what it would be like to own one of these LE sets? Oh, you can -

Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition Texaus Set

If you were really lucky you might have slipped one of these into your razor -

Box (100) of Gillette Bleue Extra DE blades

After such a great shave, surely time for a great coffee! Got that covered too -

Fairtrade Organic Honduras Coffee Beans - 930g

We are SOOOO helpful here on this forum :)
On Friday I was like yeah I need to bid. Then Saturday morning came around and was floored at the generous bidding. My head bowed and knew my budget was blown already. Very impressed by the P&C community.

This says a lot. Not often you see @todras putting a recommendation forward.
So jump on it.. after the auction :D

Saving up for the auction? Here is a budget (Nivea) shave suggestion:

Pre: Nivea Face Wash Gel
Brush: Vie-Long 12705
Soap: Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream
Razor: Baili BR177 Rose Gold Twist
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Aftershave: Nivea Protect & Care 2 Phase
Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post-Shave Balm

SOTD-27-4-19.jpg

IMG-20190727-162623.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Razor: Timelress Bronze SB
Bowl: Fine Lather bowl
Soap: APR Alfredus Choice
Pre: Shower

Have a great weekend!

SOTD-27-4-19.jpg
I’m not a fan of Nivea scent :wtf::vomit: I don’t know how you keep up with the smell of Nivea o_O

Date:- 27 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Classic 24
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

Both Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass and Stainless Steel is a real keeper in my den for life. The stainless steel top cap feels smoother than the brass, I'm not too overly fuss about that, however, the quality of the shave is FANTASTIC with the stainless steel which is less heavy than the brass version and the balance of the stainless steel is also fantastic in my hand.

I'm very very happy to have both Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass and Stainless Steel, every penny is worth it. Trust me! go ad get yourself a Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass or Stainless Steel of your choice.

oiy6YpWl.jpg

Nice Photo "Pbgoose" may I use ? It's now 10 years of warming faces up with Hot Lather! Adding colour has been an extra bonus!
hg-haze-emerson-match-txt_orig.jpg

@HGpottery - yes, that would be fine. I wouldn't be without my HG Scuttle. If it gets broken I would have to replace it. Very well designed, nice to lather in, the spout guard prevents lather inadvertently dropping into the reservoir and keeps my lather warm in winter, plus it looks great in SOTD photos.:)

Date:- 27 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Classic 24
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

Both Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass and Stainless Steel is a real keeper in my den for life. The stainless steel top cap feels smoother than the brass, I'm not too overly fuss about that, however, the quality of the shave is FANTASTIC with the stainless steel which is less heavy than the brass version and the balance of the stainless steel is also fantastic in my hand.

I'm very very happy to have both Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass and Stainless Steel, every penny is worth it. Trust me! go ad get yourself a Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass or Stainless Steel of your choice.
Absolutely mate, these will never be sold off from my life! When I had the Rex Ambassador, I knew pretty early that it wasn’t perfect, but with both Karve razors, I knew instantly. They are quality items full stop.

I feel the SS is slightly smoother, almost similar to the brass when the top cap is freshly polished with toothpaste (I just did this half an hour ago).

I wonder if Chris would print and donate one for next years P&C auction?? That would raise a small fortune I bet!

SOTD-27-4-19.jpg
Totally got my vote on this one. Was thinking of doing a similar post.
You don't need big bucks to get a BBS and post shaver protection. (y):eek:
But then the SOTDs wouldn't be as exciting.

Gzmsedgm.jpg

Brush: Ever-Ready 200
Soap: PB Artemisia
Razor: Le Coq
Blade: Le Coq
This razor works quite well with a modern Gem but with the freshly honed wedge it takes it to another level!
Thanks again to @Pbgoose who also, very kindly, sent this soap sample. Excellent scent, lather, cushion and slickness but I especially noticed how good the face felt aftrerwards!
An exceptional shave, Fantastique!!

lX2IcCml.jpg

Sunday samples shave box shave:

Nice lather with the Mystic Waters soap but the scent was limited. Not sure what exactly it meant to be like, but it was the cleanest smelling of what was available to try.

I love the face feel of the AdP Colonia splash. The scent also very professional smelling!

Another budget SOTD that is even cheaper and caters to those who object to the standard Nivea scent. I won't mention any names, like @SpeedyPC.

Pre: Nivea Deep Face & Beard Wash
Brush: Not needed. It is a brushless cream
Razor: Baili BR177 Rose Gold TTO
Soap: Nivea Deep Shaving Gel (Review here)
Blade: Astra SP (2)

Cost of all three Nivea products: $17.95
Razor: USD$5.99 ~AUD $9.00
Blade: 20c with free shipping

SOTD-28-7-19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.