Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 25 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Cashmere
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- N/A

You guys probably don't use that much electricity anyway? What are electricity prices like in India?
We burn through it at a great rate so solar panels are a great way for us to reduce our power bills. A ground installation is dearer which will drag out the pay back period but it should still be reasonable.

We definitely don't consume too much because I'm against all forms of resource wastage, especially water and electricity.

It was not so much the cost but just something that I always wanted, for my home to be nil electricity consumption. Even if it is just around 400-500kWh a month.

What would your pay back period roughly be?

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Great way to end the week.

I wonder if next week I'll be starting out using the -

One of a kind Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor

b9bVkVKl.jpg

POw6pDal.jpg

Travelling samples box shave:

Whenever I’m perusing Maggards website I always seem to be attracted to the Black Ship soaps. Probably due to their cool label designs. Seeing one of these soaps and splashes in the travelling box meant I had to try it out, so I did obviously 🙄.

It lathered up as easily as any other soap, but once lathered I’d say the scent level dropped and wasn’t as strong as when smelling the soap from the container. It didn’t need a whole load of water to achieve a decent lather but I will say the slickness was lower than the P&B from yesterday’s shave.

Nevertheless this was a very nice close shave and the Karve SS with C plate still continues to amaze me.

Post routine was the typical cold water splash, a quick run of Alum, an even quicker rinse off before it dries and stings too much, then the Black Ship aftershave. From the bottle the scent was pronounced but like the soap, once applied, or 10 seconds later, the scent was almost gone. This was a touch disappointing if I’m honest, but the face does feel nice after half an hour but only fleeting hints of the scent remain.

Overall, I’m confident this won’t be a purchase moving forward. WTF? Tim33z not buying a soap you say? Correct, there are others that have this ones measure.

Overall, I’m confident this won’t be a purchase moving forward. WTF? Tim33z not buying a soap you say? Correct, there are others that have this ones measure.

SEE! This people!

The PCTB saves you money :)

Matched the Timeless head to the R41 handle to give a total weight of 84g, down 48g from the original weight. Lower weight feels nice, great shave, happy friday!!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB + R41 Handle (84g)
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac original

We definitely don't consume too much because I'm against all forms of resource wastage, especially water and electricity.

It was not so much the cost but just something that I always wanted, for my home to be nil electricity consumption. Even if it is just around 400-500kWh a month.

What would your pay back period roughly be?
Won't know until we see summer production but just based on winter production over the last couple of weeks it would be around 10 years. Partly because of extra costs of rock excavation, sand bedding, extra conduits in case we want to extend array later etc. Could've had a roof installation done for a third of the cost using one of the dozens of companies that have been marketing solar installations but went with the local bloke (up to date quality gear and back up service).

Won't know until we see summer production but just based on winter production over the last couple of weeks it would be around 10 years. Partly because of extra costs of rock excavation, sand bedding, extra conduits in case we want to extend array later etc. Could've had a roof installation done for a third of the cost using one of the dozens of companies that have been marketing solar installations but went with the local bloke (up to date quality gear and back up service).

WOW ten years!
But if it serves your needs better than it makes sense.
Nice you got a good local guy to take care of your system. Dealing with the labour class here is like pulling teeth!!

Karve F w/Polsilver
Yaqi synthetic
Shaver Heaven - Gone Grapefruit
Thayers Lemon

I'm really enjoying the F plate on the Karve! It's so smooth that it's not much now aggressive than the D plate but the efficiency is fantastic!

20190726-085505-1.jpg

Karve F w/Polsilver
Yaqi synthetic
Shaver Heaven - Gone Grapefruit
Thayers Lemon

I'm really enjoying the F plate on the Karve! It's so smooth that it's not much now aggressive than the D plate but the efficiency is fantastic!

20190726-085505-1.jpg
Keep your eyes open for a possible G base plate might be available soon next year, and you could end up like you know who loves smiling at you from your bathroom mirror.

Icoxfek.jpg

Keep your eyes open for a possible G base plate might be available soon next year, and you could end up like you know who loves smiling at you from your bathroom mirror.

Icoxfek.jpg

Haha
I'm fairly certain F is sufficient for me :)
Although even the D is still good for me, just needs a little more work than the F.

d6PTOCF.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2 SS
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend

Date:- 25 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Cashmere
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- N/A
Mate you need some sleep your face is white as a ghost
and what the F--k happened to your nose,ears and tail mate???
:giggle:

Last edited:
upbbyY4m.jpg

Brush: Ever-Ready 200
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Razor: Kampfe Star Jewel
Blade: Kampfe Star Wedge

Many thanks to @Pbgoose for taking the time and using his skills to hone this original wedge blade and make this shave possible.
I have used this razor with a modern Gem blade and although it will work it is very harsh. The properly honed wedge transforms everything. With a heavier head, the proper angle and great edge it is now smooth and efficient.
Kampfe Star, the first safety razors!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter LE Collaboration TEXAUS shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter LE Collaboration TEXAUS splash
Fragrance: N/A

Great shave from a great performing soap and splash.

Imagine what it would be like to own one of these LE sets? Oh, you can -

Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition Texaus Set

If you were really lucky you might have slipped one of these into your razor -

Box (100) of Gillette Bleue Extra DE blades

After such a great shave, surely time for a great coffee! Got that covered too -

Fairtrade Organic Honduras Coffee Beans - 930g

We are SOOOO helpful here on this forum :)

Soe0DFWl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.