Gillette Blue Tip

Thanks for those kind support comments. Those with some negative aspect maybe should read or ask for David's comment as it appears he is the happy one to have a nice sorted daily user.

I think @filobiblic summed it up fairly well and I don't think anybody doubts the great work you do mate. As I said, if David is happy with his razor that is the main thing.

Given that this thread can be read by anybody at any time and in full or in part a mention that the repainting is likely to affect value as a pure collectible is helpful in ensuring a complete picture - that was my aim.

I've seen too many threads with remorse about 'restoration' attempts that have wrecked an item or its value unfortunately :(

This one has repainted numbers I wonder if this falls into same category no longer a collectable
WNrZ4Wl.jpg

Re: "Those with some negative aspect..."
An open forum means healthy discussion and so that's the intention. Life ain't sunshine and cotton candy so no use pretending it's not. As long as no one is being slack or nasty, calling attention to alternate views is what promotes and builds open-minds.

Completely agree, nothing wrong with a robust discussion with differing points of view as long as no one is being nasty, then you should be free to do so without the risk of someone getting their nose out of joint. It's valuable information so the next person in a similar position can make an informed decision simply by reading this thread.

To all, I got what i wanted, it is being used for a daily shave,

... and you never thought your razor could generate so much attention ? :)

Pleased that you are happy mate! (y)

I picked up a U.S. Blue Tip in a multi-razor buy. Very mild but I was able to get a very good close shave but it required a little extra effort. A month ago I lucked upon a Rocket Blue Tip. It also provided a similar mild shave like it's U.S. cousin. I would rate a 40's Super Speed as more agressive than the Blue. None the less still a nice razor but just to tame for me.