Gillette Blue Tip

I thought about that and actually I'm trying to reduce my shaving expenses, I'll leave this opportunity to someone else.

Note: David, I would keep this razor If I was you. with elbow oil, it will shine like duesy.

Certainly don't sell EXCEPT as a collectible!

That brassing would clean up ;)

It will clean up OK, especially when you get to work, but will still be brassing - which impacts value as a collectible.

David, clearly I 'liked' the fact that @FatBoy58 was cleaning up the razor, not you being in hospital. I hope all goes well for you.
The razor will look spectacular, I have no doubt.

^^^ - ditto!

sUtX800.jpg

QDs8kmi.jpg

fv4vUq1.jpg

bS0qDih.jpg

TQ2FlvH.jpg

KHjVgQG.jpg

kyRDHZl.jpg

c2BhbZT.jpg

Nice job as usual @FatBoy58, looks great.

I presume that you touched up the paint on the knob though by the looks of it?

Nice job as usual @FatBoy58, looks great.

I presume that you touched up the paint on the knob though by the looks of it?

Not so collectible anymore if that's the case...?

Yep, will be considered 'restored' - replating has the same effect.

Ah! What a pity then. A scarce razor like that would have gotten a fair price but oh well. As you said, @FatBoy58 does an EXCELLENT restore job. [emoji106]

Yep, will be considered 'restored' - replating has the same effect.

Ah! What a pity then. A scarce razor like that would have gotten a fair price but oh well. As you said, @FatBoy58 does an EXCELLENT restore job. [emoji106]

Restored or not, the value was already undermined by the pitting. This gentle restoration increased the value of this daily driver :D Since it's a scarce razor, it is still collector even if it has been resurfaced a little bit (In my book anyway).

It's not all about money you know! If it's not going to go into a collection unused, the improvement in appearance in the painted knob, (for me anyway) would lead to much greater enjoyment in use and that my friends is what it's all about.

... and if @David7307 is happy that is the main thing :)

Yes to above! I'm sure the OP weighed up what he wanted most and get the result he was after. It's his razor! It's NOT simply about price as a driver of "value" but what it's worth to you personally.

Thanks for those kind support comments. Those with some negative aspect maybe should read or ask for David's comment as it appears he is the happy one to have a nice sorted daily user.

Thanks for those kind support comments. Those with some negative aspect maybe should read or ask for David's comment as it appears he is the happy one to have a nice sorted daily user.

Nps. As said earlier, it's what David wanted and that's the best bit. You do a fantastic job restoring razors - I know firsthand AND have referred many to you.

Re: "Those with some negative aspect..."
An open forum means healthy discussion and so that's the intention. Life ain't sunshine and cotton candy so no use pretending it's not. As long as no one is being slack or nasty, calling attention to alternate views is what promotes and builds open-minds.