Gillette Blue Tip

David7307

I have a Gillette Blue Tip in average condition, which i have used for my every day shave until it got the Gillette Slim Adjustable, and i also have a Fatboy on its way,
i was just wondering what it would be worth to sell
i would post a pic but i have no idea how to,

Start a new thread on the BST and upload the photo there.
To upload, simply load the photo to a third-party site - like Flickr, imgur, etc., - and add the link via the "Insert Photo" radio button above (between the smilie face and film frames). Easy!

A Blue Tip Made in the US is pretty common and not worth a whole lot - if a Made in England one - talk to me :)

Hope this works if not what i did is below
all

http://username.imgur.com/all/
that's the URL i put that in the insert image
only img shows

Hmmm, OK, not great condition but also not common.

How about I check my stash later and you, me and @Maxime D. chat huh @David7307 ?

I'm sure we can work something out!

No one has given me a price on what its worth, so i may look at doing it up

I'm back ...

OK, so from the photos we can ascertain that:
  • It is Made in England
  • It is a Blue Tip
  • It is a SuperSpeed and NOT a Rocket (no gap between the knob and the handle)
  • It has some brassing (brass evident and green verdigris showing oxidation)

Apart from that it should clean up OK and @FatBoy58 does wonders in that regard.

A US Blue Tip SuperSpeed would be a common razor and not hugely collectible in this condition and uncased. The British Blue Tip Rockets are less common and more collectable, the British SuperSpeeds are less common again.

I would suggest values broadly within these ranges for an uncased razor in this condition (all in $AUD):

• Blue Tip SuperSpeed - Made in USA: $A20 - 40
  • Blue Tip Rocket - Made in England: $A40-80
  • Blue Tip SuperSpeed - Made in England: $A60 - 100

The ranges are broad because it is always a crap shoot on eBay and it is a little hard to tell the condition just from those pics. It is certainly a collectible and you need to be careful in restoring it that you don't interfere with that, e.g. re-painting the knob, as that will detract from the value.

Having checked my collection, I have all three Blue Tips (including cases for two) so I'm not in the running - might be your lucky day @Maxime D. !

I'm back ...

OK, so from the photos we can ascertain that:
  • It is Made in England
  • It is a Blue Tip
  • It is a SuperSpeed and NOT a Rocket (no gap between the knob and the handle)
  • It has some brassing (brass evident and green verdigris showing oxidation)

Apart from that it should clean up OK and @FatBoy58 does wonders in that regard.

A US Blue Tip SuperSpeed would be a common razor and not hugely collectible in this condition and uncased. The British Blue Tip Rockets are less common and more collectable, the British SuperSpeeds are less common again.

I would suggest values broadly within these ranges for an uncased razor in this condition (all in $AUD):

• Blue Tip SuperSpeed - Made in USA: $A20 - 40
  • Blue Tip Rocket - Made in England: $A40-80
  • Blue Tip SuperSpeed - Made in England: $A60 - 100

The ranges are broad because it is always a crap shoot on eBay and it is a little hard to tell the condition just from those pics. It is certainly a collectible and you need to be careful in restoring it that you don't interfere with that, e.g. re-painting the knob, as that will detract from the value.

Having checked my collection, I have all three Blue Tips (including cases for two) so I'm not in the running - might be your lucky day @Maxime D. !

That brassing would clean up ;)