Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that with extra menthol Maxime?

If so I would imagine the market for that would least about 6 weeks in Canada, then it would be getting too cold again.

Brush: Omega 31025
Soap/Cream: HTGAM Cavendish
Razor: Gillette NEW (UK LC)
Blade: Iridium Super
Passes: 1x WTG, 2x XTG
After-shave: First 5 mins: Proraso Green Splash, then Razorock AS Wax (Original)

Another go with the Omega. Not sure if this is indicative of what a boar has to offer, but I do prefer my badgers. Face-lathered the HTGAM. This stuff explodes during charging, amazing lather with nice glide, but even more amazing is the aroma. Love it!!! Supposed to smell like pipe tobacco. The better half thinks it smells more like freshly tanned leather, I think it's more like hot toffee - either way it's an olfactory sensation. So the HTGAM Cavendish in one word is EXPLOSIVE!

Use #1 for the Iridium Super (thanks @Monsta_AU - this is blade #2). Felt quite smooth but not sure about the sharpness. Demanded a little more blood than I'm used to, but possibly no irritation - which is always a concern for me with Russian blades of the past. I say 'possibly' as it's only been 15 minutes since the shave and so I'll update if I come up like a man who shaved off a beard of bees.

Post-shave routine just works. …though I might have employed some Alum on the neck. We'll see….off to work.

You have relatives everywhere!

Problem would be posting aftershave with alcohol in it :(

I always write 'Collectible Bottle' on the customs slips :whistle:

Is that with extra menthol Maxime?

If so I would imagine the market for that would least about 6 weeks in Canada, then it would be getting too cold again.

It's clearly a summer aftershave, using Aqua Velva during Canadian winters is pure madness.

No good for today then - it was an extremely chilly 23ºC (74F) when I went out for lunch earlier.

No good for today then - it was an extremely chilly 23ºC (74F) when I went out for lunch earlier.

WOW - bitter!

As opposed to the current temps in CBR ...

or the temps when I took the dog for a walk this morning ...

Not Canadian weather I'd admit but still a little fresh

It's pretty chilly for Darwin if I have to wear a jumper in the middle of the day.

In another life when I lived in the UK that was bikini weather for the ladies.

WOW - bitter!

As opposed to the current temps in CBR ...

or the temps when I took the dog for a walk this morning ...
Not Canadian weather I'd admit but still a little fresh

A little fresh, indeed.

42c this afternoon :D They said to stay inside, at the radio... No **** lolll

42C! Are you sure?

I didn't think it ever got that hot in Canadia

What? Whenever I've been to Darwin the locals are wearing beanies…even at the hight of the build-up.
I lived there seventeen years. Never saw one beanie.
At the height of the build up locals are in aircon and wearing as little as possible.

There are a lot of hipster southerners up here now Jugster

When the temps get high, humidity rises to high 90%, and there is no relief in sight.

Also called Troppo Season.

It can send you mad.

When the temps get high, humidity rises to high 90%, and there is no relief in sight.

Also called Troppo Season.

It can send you mad.

I thought as much. I guess that's when they start their non stop cracking tinnies of XXXX, or Fosters or whatever hideous brew they can get their hands on.

35 degrees, high humidity, electrical storms but no rain

Weather report is over. In other news... I shaved today.

Merkur 38C
Feather (4)
Omega little pig
Honeybee soap Vanilla and Sandalwood
Alum
Trumper sandalwood Skin Food

No nicks or weepers but beginning of the end for the blade.

Thanks to @Mong. for the soap. I enjoyed the scent and the lather was excessive. I approve.

Those or coopers PJ. All pretty nasty.

We do get a few of the boutique beers up here but the best beers seem to come from the semi pro home brewers

Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap/Cream: Tabac
Razor: Gillette 40's Style Super-Speed
Blade: Voskhod - fresh from the packet
After-shave: Acqua di Parma AS

After 2 weeks of using the Muhle R41, this felt like I was shaving with silk made from virgin worms. This morning was my first shave with the Super-Speed and Voskhod blades. No nicks or weepers. Very smooth experience.

The Super-Speed is very mild. You can use it to shave your face in all sorts of directions without any grief. It's quality crafted razor, which explains why it still looks and performs so well with nearly 60 years under its belt. I would have liked it to be slightly heavier, with a thicker handle, but they are only minor quibbles.

As for the Muhle R41 - I haven't mastered this beast, yet. I'll go back to it on Monday after my face has had a chance to recover. I find it to be a tricky monster but it does leave my face baby-smooth with 2 passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.