Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about the cow @stillshunter

Spare a thought for me as I go out in this driving rain/sleet with Mrs Mark1966 (she is actually an M1) to go to the theatre tonight. Staying inside doing ANYTHING seems more appealing!

Way too much information. And if you've got enough land to keep cattle surely you've got enough house for your own den.
Yes and no.
Yes - too much info, though I vacated said room during her rituals.
No - more land, more space. Less house, less cleaning.
Ostentations, like a second bog, don't fly with us. It's utility all the way. We don't even fall for the vagaries of carpet, not a skerrick on our floors. That'd just demand more cleaning.

Having said all that, got a huge shed, that be my den truth be told, far bigger than the house. Priorities mate, priorities. I pity the poor domesticated 'males' of our species with a little Bunnings toolkit under the sink and/or a garage that has more room for cars and kids toys than the necessities (and playthings) of men!

..........I vacated said room during her rituals.........

Again, way too much info

......No - more land, more space. Less house, less cleaning........

I completely agree with your less house-more space notion. It's sad that standard modern suburban dwellings, admittedly within the boundaries of a block, are being constructed along the reverse concept of all house-no space. Although I bet there's a few happy shavers with gloriously appointed dens (I like the real estate talk here, even if I say so myself) living in a few.

.....Ostentations, like a second bog, don't fly with us...........

Ostentations? Second bog? What we're talking about is an almost sacred space where you can store all your collected gear and perform your "rituals" uninterrupted. By the way, getting interrupted for whatever reason is just dangerous. You forget which pass you're on, lather goes cold and before you know it you've cut yourself stupid.

Talking about ostentations, you only need one razor, one brush and one blade. I would however encourage you to be as ostentatious as possible. I'm not sure this forum can handle two such miserly shavers. We've collectively spent a few years trying to convert @Drubbing to the multi-razor/brush/blade concept and it's been a long hard slog.

How is that working out for you Pj ?
I thought he was still using the happy meal razor...

How is that working out for you Pj ?
I thought he was still using the happy meal razor...

Not bad actually (if you're referring to Drubbing). After numerous attempts to open his eyes to the variety of different brushes/handles/knots out there I think I've finally got a foot in the door. F****ing really hard work I can assure you. He's still on one or maybe two razors but that's understandable given that testing others, unlike brushes, can basically result in offering your face up. To a lesser degree this is also the case with blades. To my shame I have to admit to only really using one DE razor. Many wouldn't even consider it to qualify as a razor. But in my defense I have seriously tried others and use three SE razors.

Back on topic:
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN finest.........

Is that the little one? Love those Culmaks.

Coupla shaves:
Brush: Ever Ready boar-It's settled down nicely. Big brush in my book. Makes a tonne of lather.
Soap/Cream: My Frankensoap, a mixture of all my stick leftovers
Razor: SPUD
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum-Forgotten how many shaves. Four or five I think.

What's a SPUD? (Forgive my ignorance)

Does @Monsta_AU usually have something against plastic razors? Or just yours?

Is that the little one? Love those Culmaks.

The one you did for me - the distressed one.

Great brush!

Brush: Omega 31025
Soap/Cream: SIR Irisch Moos (SIM)
Razor: Gillette NEW (UK LC)
Blade: Indian Wilk - shave 4
Passes: 1x WTG, 2x XTG
After-shave: First 5 mins: Proraso Green Splash, then Razorock AS Wax (Original)

Another go with the Omega, nice on the face but I miss my scratchiness. Face-lathered the SIM. Smells a bit odd but I admit it did lather nice. Very glidey…but I'll need to load up more next time as, just like the Arlington yesterday, the cushion left a lot to be desired. I'm reserving judgement on it being the stuff of the shavocolypse - according to two of our members (you know who you are!) - as the blade may have let me down a little tonight.

Use #4 for the Indian Wilk landed it in the bin. Definitely doesn't have life enough in it for a 5th. It struggled with the 2ish day growth tonight. Feeling a little angry in the neck and chin department, so hope I'll sleep it off.

Not the best shave, but then again I prefer shaving in the morning. But still feeling like total and utter shite! so know I'll not be up to it in the AM.

So today I used:
Brush: Frank Shaving Silver Tip
Soap: Mon Savon Au Lait
Razors: Merkur 34C & Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Super Sword Edge
Passes: NTS, ETW, STN & WTS
Alum Block: Shavex
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Original Sport (sold only in Canada)

No nick, no blood, It was a very good and very close shave.

aqua_velva_compact.JPG

I have relatives over there wonder if I can score some through family connections ?

You have relatives everywhere!

Problem would be posting aftershave with alcohol in it :(

Not at all, yours is not the ignorance.
A SPUD is a silly plastic utensil device. My trusted 7O'Clock bakelite three piece DE razor was so named by Monsta. A somewhat contrived attempt at a meaningful acronym if you ask me, but it has stuck. It is easier to type.
Hmm, I thought it was Drubsta that was the happy meal spud wielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.