September 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy clapper who works for the government GT - there has to be some kind of secret handshake thing going on to get through quicker.

NOOOOOOO - I have a real job not the PS

NOOOOOOO - I have a real job not the PS
My sincere apologies.
I honestly thought you did, but now I seem to remember you saying you worked for a school or is that am out of hours thing?

*ahem*
In the mail today is the $2 (well $2.16) razor generously purchased by @Mark1966. I'm about to take responsibility of the Travelling Box (#2) so the testing of this razor will take place in a couple of weeks...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411734209.302968.jpg

*ahem*
In the mail today is the $2 (well $2.16) razor generously purchased by @Mark1966. I'm about to take responsibility of the Travelling Box (#2) so the testing of this razor will take place in a couple of weeks...

It's a 3 piece "handicraft" razor that looks like a Gillette Tech. It comes with a free blade- YIPPEE!

It's a 3 piece "handicraft" razor that looks like a Gillette Tech. It comes with a free blade- YIPPEE!

and it is worth $8 - when we only paid $2.16 - a profit already!!!!!

Looks nice, yet what does it shave like ?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411994384.181143.jpg

Thanks to a mis-spelt name and incorrect information, I was able to buy this razor well below its actual value.

Gillette British Aristocrat #22/66

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411994469.684304.jpg
Rhodium plated over Brass (73g)

Thanks for the advice @Mark1966!

That looks absolutely sensational @filobiblic - congrats :)

and every time you go to use it, you hopefully will remember the story attached to it :)

Two really good looking vintage pieces there, lads.

I've never heard of Probak. What's their story?

Has anyone reported back on the Ri,mei's yet?

Has anyone reported back on the Ri,mei's yet?
Not yet. I got the Travelling Box just as mine arrived. So the experiment is on hold until I pass on the box...
I was in a Variety store today and saw a similar RiMei for $3. I also saw a 5 pack of RiMei razor blades for $2. At those prices you could throw out the razor when you finish the box of blades and you'd still be ahead of the cartridge crew...

Jesus Filo that is sooooooooooooooooo dead sexy, I think I drooled on my keyboard! Had to imagine the wife's wrath to keep me from bidding on that but now think it would have been well worth it.

Well done, thats a stunner.

Jesus Filo that is sooooooooooooooooo dead sexy, I think I drooled on my keyboard! Had to imagine the wife's wrath to keep me from bidding on that but now think it would have been well worth it.

Well done, thats a stunner.
Thanks NtK. I got lucky really...

Status
Not open for further replies.