September 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
You know what to do.

Oh, and this finally arrived from the Massdrop group buy:

vulfix.png

Only waiting on a few packs of blades to turn up.

Oh, and this finally arrived from the Massdrop group buy.

Good stuff. It'd be good to hear what it's like. If it's worthwhile, I might go in for the next group buy.

I wasn't impressed with the time it took to get here, probably just buy from TSS next time which only comes out around $9 more expensive. It is pretty small, about the same size as my Vie-Long 13710, but it is Super Badger.

Will start it off with the Simpsons Lavender & Vetiver cream tomorrow, and see how it travels. I am about to swap over to the Proraso Red and the Gillette Super Inoxydables but I cannot break in a Vulfix Brush with Proraso when I have the Simpsons right there.

That was the brush my Dad had, now mine. It was wasted by the time I got it. Great ergo handle for a Fan shaped TGN though

That was the brush my Dad had, now mine. It was wasted by the time I got it. Great ergo handle for a Fan shaped TGN though

That was a great brush. After the re-knot I contemplated moving and not letting Drubbing know where to.

The old French-labelled English Wilkies turned up today. Joy!

Somebody had a nibble at the other Wilkies too - Mark??

What's her name ?

Unless it's a quadruple plated, signature King Gillette 1910 razor in it's original box with all the paperwork, I doubt Mark would bid on it now he knows you're interested. Just checked it and the second bidder has a history of 15 purchases. In his heyday Mark would have clocked that before morning smoko. And he's a dedicated sniper when he's serious so you won't know until 5 seconds before it ends. I know because we used to hatch dastardly e-bay plans together.

Last edited:

No mate, haven't touched them as I know you are interested - lost to @borked and with you interested in these I know I'd lose too - mojo gone :(

My French-labelled English Wilkies are in the post though..... :)

No mate, haven't touched them as I know you are interested - lost to @borked and with you interested in these I know I'd lose too - mojo gone :(
I will be going quiet for a while soon, you grabbed enough Schickstas in the last 18 months to shave an army anyhow.

Eh? You scored some too? I thought they were all done?

Unless you mean the ones I will post to you, in which case no, not yet. Got to get a reasonable package together!

I will be going quiet for a while soon, you grabbed enough Schickstas in the last 18 months to shave an army anyhow.

Have I? Maybe I should check my stock - I've done this with razors before ....

Eh? You scored some too? I thought they were all done?

Unless you mean the ones I will post to you, in which case no, not yet. Got to get a reasonable package together!

Yes I got some too - for the starting price :)

Aww, group hug help consolidate said lost mojo ?

Got my first open comb to try. A single ring, with potential English heritage.

The Pat details will determine the heritage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.