September 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just looks bloody nice. Under line Bloody.

I am so interested filo, really interested in your journey.

Keep us up to date .....ok

I finally ordered this (generic pic). I've no idea which end to shave with, but I'll probably find some sharp bits somewhere.

LH-MxStdTele_lpbmn_m.jpg

They usually look like that, but (some of you) know me, and this is what it'll look like - Grohlstered. As Jug will tell you, I really need a new guitar, I'm a fabulous player and master of a number of styles - all all of them so musically obscure it often takes some time to appreciate them. Some never do, but they're clearly the musical philistines.

Fender_Custom_Shop_Roadshow_2011_LTD_1951_Nocaster_Relic_LPB_R10684_a.jpg

I'll play the sharp notes, you play the flats. Unless I'm playing in the wrong key, then just play anything loud to cover it up.

Last edited:
I finally ordered this (generic pic). I've no idea which end to shave with, but I'll probably find some sharp bits somewhere.

LH-MxStdTele_lpbmn_m.jpg

They usually look like that, but (some of you) know me, and this is what it'll look like - Grohlstered. As Jug will tell you, I really need a new guitar, I'm a fabulous player and master of a number of styles - all all of them so musically obscure it often takes some time to appreciate them. Some never do, but they're clearly the musical philistines.

Fender_Custom_Shop_Roadshow_2011_LTD_1951_Nocaster_Relic_LPB_R10684_a.jpg
Drubbing is often referred to as the Mute Jimi Hendrix.

@Drubbing that's a good looking axe mate. How long til you get it?

Waiting on a HP NC364T Quad-port NIC. Sourced via eBay for $100 delivered from the US.

It is going into my VMware home lab. I have a couple of Small Form Factor PC's with i5 CPUs which have replaced the Microservers, but need more than the 3 NICs that I would get with the former NC360T's (dual port).

Need to buy some RAM for them too - 2x 8GB DIMMs will cost me about $220. Lucky I got the machines for $75 each!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410526027.963042.jpg

Back to shaving... This arrived today.
A cheapie synthetic. No Frenchie face kisser like @Marlow's but it's a foray into the regime of unnatural hair brushes. Albeit cheaply (at least they glued it...) at less than $10.

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow...

Nice @filobiblic

My acquisition for the day are shown below:

210 of the suckers!

This is a close of up the blade packs

Gee I hope they are OK!

I noticed these in the garage too

There seems to be a lot there - maybe I should count my blades and see if I have a lifetimes worth ...

It looks better in the photo than in real life... We'll see how it goes...

210 of the suckers!

Nice. Very nice. You're welcome to throw my way if they don't suit your face... [emoji4]

There seems to be a lot there - maybe I should count my blades and see if I have a lifetimes worth ...

If you convert to a straight then you'll only need a single blade to last you a lifetime. [emoji6]

(But then your RAD kicks in...)

So do these -

Get the @Monsta_AU tick of approval that we all long for?

They appear vintage to begin with, so there's tentatively one to start with.
A sample package to him is the only way to secure more though.
I'll accept a few for these services :p

Status
Not open for further replies.