Review: Lather for Shaver Heaven Soaps

@Nonick Glad the tins arrived safely! :)
Thanks for the feedback. In regards to the grapefruit scent, yes, they are 2 very different scents compared to the TOBS. I hope that the scent grows on you, if not, I'll take on the feedback and go back to the drawing board in regards to the scent, as I really don't want to have people referring to it as the "toilet scented soap" lol...

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the V2, I'm glad both the scent and the soap hardness were noticed.
I have been busy working on my A** off the last few days and working on some further tweaks (with some help from Chris Cullen). I have a bit more testing to do, but the performance is fantastic. I have been focusing more on ease of lather as well as extra slickness. Same ingredients just minor changes in saponification which make a difference at the end!

@filobiblic Thank you for your kind words! I truly appreciate all the feedback and support I've gotten from this forum! You can bet I'm trying my hardest to learn from each batch and feedback to make a product that will satisfy all my customers. I know this may be virtually impossible, but that won't stop me from trying! :)

I have great new scents on the way, but given the Christmas period is on us, things are running rather slow, so I wont see new ingredients until the start of next year.

I have however negotiated with a Melbourne based company for new soap containers. They are similar to those used by "Caties Bubbles", however, I will be filling them to the 150ml mark and leaving the other 100ml for loading of brushes. In the future I may increase the amount of soap in the tubs (of 250ml Capacity). Unfortunately this will bump up the cost of the soaps a bit, but I think its well warranted given they are of great quality, not likely to damage during transit, and allow for a far better brush loading experience (given the wide opening of the jars).

Oh, and before I forget, there are some "Barber Shop" scented soaps coming out tomorrow. I only have limited stock of them and they will come in the new blue tubs described above. 10% discount will still apply to everything in store until Midnight 25th December.

Thanks gents! :)

Thanks for replying so often and keeping us updated @Anthony !

Good Anthony thanks mate. The scent choice is just personal opinion, I like the rindy dry one better, but others may feel different. If you go large tubs I would suggest also selling samples. I'd be very hesitant to buy too bulk a quantity if I wasn't sure I loved the stuff. This is one reason I guess tobs can sell a 75ml tube for only a few bob less than the tub. Or maybe consumers are silly. But they obviously sell.

So Anthony is it a simple change of oil ingredients to make that a dryer rindy tart grapefruit scent like tobs? Or is it a huge makeover?

I really like your soap, and I really like that tobs scent... Hmm not sure if any of the other fellas here care for the grapefruit, I could send samples around and canvas opinion ..... Anyone chime in here?

Sorry. Can't compare. Was it my sample of the TOBS I gave you?

It was! Mate I enjoyed that sample. Such a refreshing smell. Real Zing. I reckon they nailed it

It was! Mate I enjoyed that sample. Such a refreshing smell. Real Zing. I reckon they nailed it
It arrived in the hands of the right person then... I think you and @borked are the Citrus Kings

Grapefruit by TOBS is in my den now. I love the scent and it's great on a nice warm day. @Nonick leave it with me and I'll see what I can come up with. Mine is quite different in comparison as I've incorporate lime into it as well and it doesn't have the same "zing" as TOBS. Pink grapefruit is different again. Hmm.. I'll see what I can come up with.
I have a sweet Meyer Lemon I'm working on at the moment but once again it's more towards the sweet side than the "tart / zing" side.

Hi all! Just to let you know I've finally got around to posting up some new products.
To name a few: Plum Tea, Walking Dead (Vetiver), Hubba Hubba and Sweet Meyer Lemon.
Unfortunately Barber Shop sold out, but I'll get onto a new batch ASAP (its probably one of my most popular after Bay Rum).
I'll be working through Christmas, however, the next 2 days will be unable to make any new batches. So you'll probably see a pick up in stock around the 26th / 27th.
I have heaps of new scents coming out, so be sure to check back often, and don't forget 10% off is up until midnight 25th Dec AEST.

Thanks all! Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas!!

Hi all! If you don't already know, I've just put up a whole heap of new soaps which are available. Barber Shop is also back in stock for those who missed out :)
@Nonick Thank you for the feedback in regards to the Grapefruit & Lime. I'll look at reformulating the scent and see if I can work on the "Grapefruit" a bit more.

I received my order a couple of days ago, got a tub of forbidden forrest and barbershop, thought they both had nice scent and were really easy to build lather and had great slickness, very impressed, much earlier to get great lather than MWF

I watched a video the other night of someone lathering up a thick creamy shave ready lather with the bloom water of this stuff. I haven't tried this before but I thought it looked awesome.

I want to see a tallow soap of this stuff.

I watched a video the other night of someone lathering up a thick creamy shave ready lather with the bloom water of this stuff. I haven't tried this before but I thought it looked awesome.

I want to see a tallow soap of this stuff.
@Anthony has been trying to get tallow but has (to my knowledge) so far been unsuccessful.
I really like the current soft soap. You should try it. If you're in Melbourne, you may be able to pick up your soap(s) and save on postage. [emoji6] I'd give it a try.

I do believe that @Anthony has a few leads for local distributors of tallow, so perhaps one is already in the works (hopefully).