Plisson Synthetic

.........Will try the rubber band trick and see, if a shorter loft actually does feel any better...

It does work. Did it with a knot I set too high. However, having other brushes to choose from I just ended up not using it at all because it does look manky. So I steamed it out (almost destroying the handle in the process) and set it a few mm deeper.

It does work. Did it with a knot I set too high. However, having other brushes to choose from I just ended up not using it at all because it does look manky. So I steamed it out (almost destroying the handle in the process) and set it a few mm deeper.
Could you do it with the Plisson? Tried the rubber band, feels much better, but still not so good, that I want to spend 100$+ on it...

Could you do it with the Plisson? Tried the rubber band, feels much better, but still not so good, that I want to spend 100$+ on it...

No idea how steaming would affect the knot. I suspect not too good. I'm sure there are brush tragics over at B&B who would know.

The Plisson is currently on sale for $50 - see here

They need to sharpen that pencil another $10 in my book....

I really need to compare the Body Shop synthetic versus the Plissitane. Also, Bestshave have updated their site and now stock a sub-$9 (AUD) synth too. Plastic handled for all the wood haters out there as a bonus.

Add one to you next order!

Mate, its an okay price for it considering the AUD movements since the last sale. They were being sold for $30 after Christmas, but the Pacific Peso has lost 20% value since then meaning $50 delivered is reasonable.

If you are looking for a brush to lather MWF, SH, B&M or SC then you will love it. I just cannot explain the performance of it and the lather it produces.

Mate, its an okay price for it considering the AUD movements since the last sale. They were being sold for $30 after Christmas, but the Pacific Peso has lost 20% value since then meaning $50 delivered is reasonable.

If you are looking for a brush to lather MWF, SH, B&M or SC then you will love it. I just cannot explain the performance of it and the lather it produces.

What Monsta said. I can't explain it either but it will lather anything. My Simpson Badger has been banished to the back of the bathroom cabinet.

DONT pay too much for a SYNTHETIC brush, ignore branding and logo and just go on tech/feel and price. NO SYNTHETIC ever made will be worth more than $5-30 EVER in my opinion.

DONT pay too much for a SYNTHETIC brush, ignore branding and logo and just go on tech/feel and price. NO SYNTHETIC ever made will be worth more than $5-30 EVER in my opinion.

Which ones have you used? Because the Plissitane went straight to the top of my charts. No badger can compete with the lather it whips up, especially out of soaps.

Sure, it is very boring and almost to perfect, has no soul. But that lather... man.

We should really be advocating don't pay too much for a Badger brush. The buck bangness is pretty low in comparison.

The Aesop/Muhle/Jagger synths are worth the money. Cheap synths are old nylon fibres and generated little interest from the market. The Plisson is overpriced but again, bears no resemblance to the cheap synths Omega first came out with.

As monsta says, the face feel is somewhat beige, but they lather like nothing else. For many buyers that's all that matters.

I'm not sure what it works out in aus $ but direct from Plisson to the UK the basic one is cheaper than from l'occitane. Around £30 delivered.

You guys will be able to buy Fine brushes locally for normal prices very soon.

And the Fine aftershaves too. Locally stocked. (y)

Unless you can find the Plissitanes at half price, don't bother. Put your money aside, you will be spending pretty big in around mid to late August I think.