July 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I most certainly do! At the moment I only have the Feather Professional blades (for use in Feather Professional Razor and Mongoose type razors).

I also have the Personna single edge blades (for use in Injector razors) going up soon.

And finally the Feather FHS -5 blades as well as GEM single edge blades (loose).

I'll get around to it soon [emoji16]

Hi guys, I most certainly do! At the moment I only have the Feather Professional blades (for use in Feather Professional Razor and Mongoose type razors).

I also have the Personna single edge blades (for use in Injector razors) going up soon.

And finally the Feather FHS -5 blades as well as GEM single edge blades (loose).

I'll get around to it soon [emoji16]
Nice one mate. Pfffffttt, who needs Connaughts!

Lol speaking of which I have "I Coloniali" soap on the way from them. Can't wait!!
I was so going to get that a few months back! I just couldn't add "something more" to the order...

Yeah I blame @Lifes a Peach for this purchase as he leant me his which I fell in love with. Not what I expected scent wise at all! (in a good way).
Mango right? He's been raving about it but it's also one of Chris Bailey's (TSE) fave soaps. Good ole Peach! That's what mates are for!!! (And meet ups!!! [emoji13])

I'm more concerned about my flailing will against pressing BUY on some newbies from G&C like the Faena range from Greece - I mean how can you go wrong with anything from that noble old land...OK, OK but I am keen to try their Vanilla and Lanolin...? Also, the Meissner Tremonia sound a nice German artisan soap and "Moroccan Rhassoul" would be a flavour right up my alley. Finally I see they have stocks of LPL's limited edition Cedar and Patchouli. God give me strength.

On the strength of what I've seen from the SEs I've tried I just bought 4.4 years worth of Gem blades (one shave a day) from Connaught. And 100 injector blades.

Oh you men are sick!

Weird how little traction @gthomas04 or @Pjotr got and yet all of a sudden...WHAM.....BAM!

...maybe they were just ahead of their time?

Now even I'm looking forward to trying an SE myself one day.

I'm more concerned about my flailing will against pressing BUY on some newbies from G&C like the Faena range from Greece - I mean how can you go wrong with anything from that noble old land...OK, OK but I am keen to try their Vanilla and Lanolin...? Also, the Meissner Tremonia sound a nice German artisan soap and "Moroccan Rhassoul" would be a flavour right up my alley. Finally I see they have stocks of LPL's limited edition Cedar and Patchouli. God give me strength.
Can't think what her name is that makes the rhassoul but I was told a few years back that her soaps aren't the easiest to lather. Then again a lot can change to a recipe in 3-4 years.

@silltshunter You'll love it! I leant my Open Comb Valet to @Lifes a Peach and now he's after one himself! They use the Feather FHS-5 blades, but awesome smooth shave. The blades are a lot thicker than standard DE blades, so it's like your shaving with a straight... I love my SE's... My GEM's get a good workout as well as Valet and good ol Rolls Razor :)

There's PLENTY of European soaps (& aftershaves) available.

Meissner Tremonia is exy. Very exy. I read/heard that is ok but not worth the price. Their scent combinations sound great though!

Re: SE razors.
I simply had never considered them. Not even a passing thought. It wasn't until @bald as offered a pass around that I though "why not?". I mean, when do I ever miss out on a pass around?!

I wasn't blown away by the SE razor, but it was interesting enough to give a go with another razor (for only a few quid). I figure that it's nice for a change up but it ain't rock in' my world. Str8s and DEs are still my mainstay.

Anywho... What was this thread about again?

I was thinking of this vendor but she doesn't seem to make the soap I was thinking of any more, so please ignore my previous message @stillshunter
No dramas mate. Was talking this mob here. They even do a Mint Ice Menthol:
"Cooling, serene, clear, yet incredibly velvety. Pure crystalline menthol, mint and eucalyptus provide a one-of-a-kind shaving experience. Also available as pre-shave soap."

Anywho... What was this thread about again?
Snifff....thanks @filobiblic , by completely taking a thread off-topic, I feel I'm back. Like really back. I'd have expected RM or another Mod to scold me, but it's somehow more fitting coming from you. I'm feeling all gushin' and a little sentimental is all...

Monsta edit - I will scold you alright - Stop making me merge your double posts!

Last edited by a moderator:
No dramas mate. Was talking this mob here. They even do a Mint Ice Menthol:
"Cooling, serene, clear, yet incredibly velvety. Pure crystalline menthol, mint and eucalyptus provide a one-of-a-kind shaving experience. Also available as pre-shave soap."
$30+ plus delivery from Europe for a soap!?

It'd want to be good.

Very good.

Weird how little traction @gthomas04 or @Pjotr got and yet all of a sudden...WHAM.....BAM!

...maybe they were just ahead of their time?

Now even I'm looking forward to trying an SE myself one day.
All credit to @Pjotr as he was the enabler for me. If you do move to and SE @stillshunter at least give the TM a try - you may be pleasantly surprised (jus ask @Mark1966 ).

Ok, what has she done/bought ?

Status
Not open for further replies.