July 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice!

You have got a good eye @eggbert

If those first 200 are good, then I reckon I can retire from purchasing blades. I'm hopeful the 2nd lot are as good as the Brit silver plats.

There is, however, the thought of one more set of blades I know about and am still considering.
If the guy didn't regularly plunder eBay France and them resell on UK eBay for a huge profit I might have pulled the trigger already.
Just waiting to see if he drops to the same price they were on .fr as they haven't sold the last 5 times he has tried

There is, however, the thought of one more set of blades I know about and am still considering.
If the guy didn't regularly plunder eBay France and them resell on UK eBay for a huge profit I might have pulled the trigger already.
Just waiting to see if he drops to the same price they were on .fr as they haven't sold the last 5 times he has tried
Love this kind of waiting game on the bay - my record is 18 months and then I won. Don't forgot to gently remind the seller every couple of months that you are watching since xx months, you know he can't sell it for this price and you are more than happy to reach an agreement with him straight away for THIS price :D :D :D
Good luck!

I recently acquired a few razors [emoji5]️ via eBay or antique store finds:

Rotbart
CDuyWzM.jpg

Sheraton
LtCBpix.jpg

And this Black Beauty from the 1st Q 1971 (Q1)
2TD4sS0.jpg

My Master has taught me well...
(Although I'm no where near his price bracket! [emoji15] A different league.)
I'd say "fair enough", but.....
You don't need to spend any more money than that for a while - trust me, I know. I've been on a sabbatical all year with no worries (1)

Good luck, this sort of training seems both exhausting and confusing.

Handsome looking razor, @filobiblic . You need a stash of blades though.
Thanks LaP. That's why I just bought a couple of packs through Connaughts. It's cheaper to buy and post direct from them than to ask you blokes for a couple of packs. (Postage would be the killer here.) Such is life...

Nice razor. Just check that the stops are OK before you load a blade. And as @stillshunter has indicated, make sure they're the right blades. He does sometimes make reasonable observations.

Nice razor. Just check that the stops are OK before you load a blade. And as @stillshunter has indicated, make sure they're the right blades. He does sometimes make reasonable observations.
Thanks @Pjtor. It uses the same blades as the Ever Ready 1924 I borrowed from @bald as recently - GEM by Personna. But it's worth checking as some SE's do use the other kind!

And nice tip about the blade stops. I had checked them and they seem ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.