Catch ups, meet ups and other off topic rubbish ...

Are all those flights absolutely necessary? Being away from home for upwards of 1/3 of a year has to put some stress on family life.

Are all those flights absolutely necessary? Being away from home for upwards of 1/3 of a year has to put some stress on family life.

Partly the joy of working for a national organisation. Partly the result of being involved on the board for another organisation and travelling for that. Partly the result of most meetings for both being in SYD. Partly the result of the lack of direct flights from CBR - so a trip to PER is likely to involve four flights (sectors) rather than 2 from SYD or MEL.

Mostly these are done as return day trips - sometimes up to four flights in a day. There are few nights away but many early mornings and late nights.

In any event it will have to calm down this year as I'm back to studying again.

What are you studying? An MBA?

Nah, Master's Degree Course in Juris Doctor.

This is where you wish you did the double degree as an undergrad student. After doing just an accounting degree then my PY to become a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants I next did a Master of Labour Relations and Law as I was doing more IR type work. That was nearly a double Master of Commerce/Master of Laws but the birth of our second child stopped that thought.

So now I'm back studying again and, in many cases, will be doing subjects I've done before, in order to get this degree which would allow me, if I wanted, to hang up my shingle and practice law.

109 vintage razors personally picked up. That's commitment.
Probably cheaper and safer than AusFarce and ebay's GSP.

Caught up with @MrT in person today. Seriously a top bloke with a lot of interesting pursuits (coffee, BBQ/smoking, cooking...). [emoji106]

I didn't come prepared, so only able to give him a paltry few Voshkods and my travel bottle of Floid. Sounds like he'd be happy to try out more aftershaves.

Caught up with @MrT in person today. Seriously a top bloke with a lot of interesting pursuits (coffee, BBQ/smoking, cooking...). [emoji106]

I didn't come prepared, so only able to give him a paltry few Voshkods and my travel bottle of Floid. Sounds like he'd be happy to try out more aftershaves.

Good to get in first mate, might tend him towards saying something nice about you...just to reciprocate ;)

I trust you are all entering your flight details on flightdiary.net - it will track your CO2's & 'times around the world' measurements.

In @Mark1966's case it would probably show "Number of trips to the moon & back"

Last edited:

Just to be clear, that is smoking meat, not cigarettes ;)

Was great to hang out. Plus, being there with our wives kept them entertained while we discussed amongst ourselves :)

Thanks for the blades and a/s. I feel bad taking your travel bottle... I'll return it when I have finished.

Good to get in first mate, might tend him towards saying something nice about you...just to reciprocate ;)
How can anyone say anything bad about you when you give them Floid??! [emoji13]

Reactions: MrT
Thanks for the blades and a/s. I feel bad taking your travel bottle... I'll return it when I have finished.
Oh not at all! It's just a small, cheap plastic spray bottle that I use when I travel. I have several more bottles at home! I'll just make a new travel bottle when I go home.

I trust you are all entering your flight details on flightdiary.net - it will track your CO2's & 'times around the world' measurements.

In @Mark1966's case it would probably show "Numvber of trips to the moon & back"

Do I have to? Does it do it all automatically for me?

There is no automatic feature to enter it all. Only takes 30 secs as you walk onto the plane, although there is an import facility. Maybe you can export your FF listing and import it that way??

Flight number, airline, origin airport, destination airport. You can add seat number & class if you want.

It makes a really nice way of knowing how far you have gone, how many flights in a year, cumulative miles etc

There is no automatic feature to enter it all. Only takes 30 secs as you walk onto the plane, although there is an import facility. Maybe you can export your FF listing and import it that way??

Flight number, airline, origin airport, destination airport. You can add seat number & class if you want.

It makes a really nice way of knowing how far you have gone, how many flights in a year, cumulative miles etc

Just found an app called Mileways. It syncs with Tripit that we use at work and generates SOME stats. Might try that too.

My brother got scared earlier in the year when he worked out that by July he had flown over 110k miles and been to 10 different countries with one airline. And he had flown long distance with another 6!

Just found an app called Mileways. It syncs with Tripit that we use at work and generates SOME stats. Might try that too.

It doesn't integrate with FlightRadar24 though, that's the big useful part of FlightDiary.

I have already pre-entered my flights to Malaysia in May/June, just have to add the Seat Number once I get the boarding passes.

EDIT: This is what you get:

flightdiary1.png

flightdiary2.png

flightdiary3.png

Mine should get much more interesting when I go to Malaysia, or fly somewhere else other than YBBN/YMML. I'd like to do a quick weekend trip to NZ, and we are planning Japan for our next trip.

I want to do the Trans-Siberian Railway trip too so probably a flight to Seoul and then connecting to Vladivostok. The trip home should be a big one too, probably via HKG or BBK.

Last edited:
I ... just have to add the Seat Number once I get the boarding passes.
So does the seat number add anything to the data? Do you generate more CO2 if you're at the tail end of the plane?!!? [emoji9]