April 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JugV2

Simply boring.
What ya got coming in? Watches? Brushes? Have a cuppa and tell us all about it.

Ok I'll go first.

I have two cheap watches on the way. Pictures in the other thread.

Bought Mrs JugV2 a new laptop yesterday, I scored a Toshiba L50 001001 for $799 :) everyone has it for over $850 but I got it from MSY so..in light of my savings, bought a new Asus Xonar card too.

Restored brush Boeckh's with a lovely knot thanks to @Mark1966 and @Pjotr

Two pairs of sunnies for mrs JugV2 just arrived on my desk this minute.

I think that's everything...that woman has been well spoiled this month.

Nothin. My camping frypan was it. Gees, I'm living the life… It is a bloody good pan but.

Money spent on house. New rug, new couch after 15 years. Course the front room wall had to be painted to match the rug. Stupid me. I call it "Dave Grohl Muthafkinspazz Blue".

photo.JPG

You could have finished that muthafckinpizza on the plate on the left before you took the picture.

A few Swedes is about it atm.

Nothing here either. What are these Swedes like? @borked , wanna do a swap with some UK Wilkies?

Last edited:
Nothing arrived yet - but I do have a vintage butterscotch Simpson on the way ...

I got temperature probes and relay board for my raspberry Pi, the first step is to do this with the temp probes, http://brew-pi.dack.com.au/, then I plan to use the relay board to turn the RPi into a temperature controller for the old freezer so I can use it as a temperature controlled fermentation chamber.

I am currently ignoring Glenos' post as it gave me ideas about adding a PID controller to my coffee roaster to control coffee roasting with my pi.

I have already been placed on a spending embargo by Mrs Egg while we save for a house.

I am currently ignoring Glenos' post as it gave me ideas about adding a PID controller to my coffee roaster to control coffee roasting with my pi.
It is all really cheap to cobble together, on top of the pi I have only spent about $20.

Getting the enclosure and power side working will be a bit more depending on how I set it up. Whether I use switched sockets or just wire in an extension lead end. Personally I like the idea of using GPOs, then you can positively switch them off, plus on the power in side, again there are a couple of options, use an IEC15 ssocket with a fuse or the other end of one of the extension leads. Plus a 5V transformer, but I reckon I could find a mobile plug pack to sacrifice.

I reckon I have a spare DS18B20 I could PIF to you, then you only need a 4k7 resistor they are $0.46/8pk, I would PIF you one of them too if I hadn't picked up the 47k packet and had to scrounge a 4k7 off my son.

A good start to the month here all in the past few days.
100 Perma Sharp blades arrived from Turkey.
2 new re-buildable atomisers (e-cig things)
Some green coffee beans from Bean Bay.
A jar of black ink.
A mix of essential oils.

Some green coffee beans from Bean Bay.
Although I still have somewhere around 10kg of coffeesnobs coffee I think I am going to start buying from elsewhere in the future. Beangreen looks to have some good beans and free postage if you spend enough.
Moot point at the moment though as I have so much coffee left.

I got temperature probes and relay board for my raspberry Pi, the first step is to do this with the temp probes, http://brew-pi.dack.com.au/, then I plan to use the relay board to turn the RPi into a temperature controller for the old freezer so I can use it as a temperature controlled fermentation chamber.

What're you fermenting? Are you moonshining or making sauerkraut?

Status
Not open for further replies.