Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

Thanks RM.

Have just one small issue….I've committed to sticking with a line-up for the course of this month. So the only razor being used in September is the Weber….painful as also coming my way, thanks to @filobiblic , is a Slim. But, again, it will sit teasingly in the drawer until 1 October.

To ensure we keep the momentum up on the razor is there anyone out there who wants to use it for a few weeks and then send it back to me once they're done? Happy to forward it as it arrives to me from RM.

FleaBTTF.gif

..….I've committed to sticking with a line-up for the course of this month. So the only razor being used in September is the Weber…...

I'm assuming it's one of those one razor for a month thingos they do over at B&B. What is it? Webtember? Septweber? Just speaking on behalf of poor old @JugV2 here, but why don't you just use the R41 for one or two shaves (if you're even vaguely human you'll only need one) and then send it on. Just lie to your your fellow Webtember mates rather than consigning the R41 to another two weeks in transit from you to somebody else and then back again. Given that it's taken over six months to get to you I'm sure the R41 commitment precedes the Webtember one.

I'm assuming it's one of those one razor for a month thingos they do over at B&B. What is it? Webtember? Septweber? Just speaking on behalf of poor old @JugV2 here, but why don't you just use the R41 for one or two shaves (if you're even vaguely human you'll only need one) and then send it on. Just lie to your your fellow Webtember mates rather than consigning the R41 to another two weeks in transit from you to somebody else and then back again.
I am with you on this @Pjotr - use it once a think "Oh shit" - use it a second time to prove the first time wasn't as bad as you thought - and discover "Oh double shit" it was - "get away from me razor of Satan". :) You will not be able to get it into the post fast enough.

I am with you on this @Pjotr - use it once a think "Oh shit" - use it a second time to prove the first time wasn't as bad as you thought - and discover "Oh double shit" it was - "get away from me razor of Satan". :) You will not be able to get it into the post fast enough.

I didn't get past half a stroke.

I've no interest in my face being repeatedly hit with a 4 x 2 to remove hair.
The infamous razor stuck on an end of a stick sounds more appealing...

I've no interest in my face being repeatedly hit with a 4 x 2 to remove hair.
The infamous razor stuck on an end of a stick sounds more appealing...
There is nothing appealing about this R41. Get a nice new shiny blade, a Feather would be good, hold it in your hand and shave with it. You now have a slight approximation of the R$!.

It's only a razor!

It really is not THAT bad!

Hahaha this latest string of comments made me chuckle.

I do think it's not for everyone, the R41, but I think it is an acquired taste. It truly isn't as bad as you all say. I did cut myself a bit when I first started using it, but I worked out how to get the best out of it and I can use it as my everday shaver now.
When using it, try thinking you are shaving for the very first time. You see, most people are used to their razors and then when they get a new one to try, I think it's a common error to shave in the same fashion as you would with your usual razor.

The R41 commands attention and respect. And bloodloss for some.

But I understand the trepidation some are treating this with. I'm the same with Feather blades. I have tried them, bled from them, and wouldn't go near them again. I'd rather shave using a truck with a grinder attached to the bull bar. For my technique and patience levels the Feather is not for me. I think that's the same for most of you with the R41.

To those who have tried it - well done, at least you got out of your comfort zone and had a shot. Looking back on it, I am sure most of you would now agree it really wasn't that bad a shave. it was just a bit stark in comparison to your tried and true razor that you are comfortable with.

Hahaha this latest string of comments made me chuckle.

I do think it's not for everyone, the R41, but I think it is an acquired taste. It truly isn't as bad as you all say. I did cut myself a bit when I first started using it, but I worked out how to get the best out of it - leave it in a drawer and hope it vanishes one day.

and I can use it as my everday shaver now.
When using it, try thinking you are shaving for the very first time - and you will never shave again.
You see, most people are used to their razors and then when they get a new one to try, I think it's a common error to shave in the same fashion as you would with your usual razor.
Yes we all put the blade against our skin - big mistake with the R41.
The R41 commands attention and respect. And bloodloss for some.

But I understand the trepidation some are treating this with. I'm the same with Feather blades. I have tried them, bled from them, and wouldn't go near them again. I'd rather shave using a truck with a grinder attached to the bull bar. For my technique and patience levels the Feather is not for me. I think that's the same for most of you with the R41.

To those who have tried it - well done, at least you got out of your comfort zone and had a shot. Looking back on it, I am sure most of you would now agree it really wasn't that bad a shave. it was just a bit stark in comparison to your tried and true razor that you are comfortable with.

Made a couple of edits for you @JugV2 the thing should be registered as a lethal weapon (and I don't know how you are going to get all the blood off of it).

After my ordeal with the Feathers I'm not so fearful! (not a great experience!)
I could always load the R41 with a Derby or Merkur….little danger of my parting with any hair, let alone skin, in passing...

Well not since at least the 5th of March at least.

It will be like getting a brand new razor when it finally gets home Juggy, it will demand the blood price once again!
have you not coined onto that being the reason he sent it upon a holiday ?
To satisfy it's blood-lust, only to return and play nicely for him.

After my ordeal with the Feathers I'm not so fearful! (not a great experience!)
I could always load the R41 with a Derby or Merkur….little danger of my parting with any hair, let alone skin, in passing...

Red IP is what I would go for first time around in hindsight I reckon and I'm not a fan of Red IP. Derby is a bit rough feeling when the angle is off and I found it took some time to work it out with the R41.

The only thing dangerous about a Feather is attempting shave #3 where it turns into a jam tin lid. Shave 1 and 2 are easy peasy :p If you carved yourself with a new Feather please film your first shave with the R41. Should be a splatterhouse classic!

The Eagle has landed. I repeat, the Eagle has landed.
Still secure in her cage (well wrapped RM!), she is thrashing her talons, screeching like a banshee. Yearning for release and oh so hungry, sniffing heavily, that tantalising tension thick in the air around her, a smell all too familiar, a natural fear that precedes her inevitable feasting on flesh and blood.
Pray for me my friends.